Irvine Valley College Employee Reviews

Great co-workers and great mission
Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 12, 2018
The management where I was kept turning over. Loved my co-workers and being a part of an institution of higher-learning, helping direct students to a higher place in life.
Was a good experience
Adult English as a Second Language Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJune 2, 2018
The teacher I worked with was very nice. I was a volunteer so I didn't get paid.
Instructor (HTML) Summer (Former Employee) –  Irvine CAMarch 1, 2018
Irvine Valley is a fun place to work with a great campus and friendly people. It has state of the art class rooms and facilities and a deserve student body.
Pros
Class rooms
Cons
Parking
I am temporary working in IVC
Office Assistant/Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 5, 2018
I like IVC campus its safe place for working. I like to have a full time job in a campus , but its a competitive environment. I apply many times for some available position but still I can't get a full time job.
Great place to work. I would recommend working here to anyone looking to teach in a college setting.
Geography Instructor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 13, 2018
Great place to work. The students are amazing, and my boss was enjoyable to work with. I would highly recommend anyone thinking of getting their start as a college teacher to work here and advance their skills.
Awesome place
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 5, 2018
i got to work at the piano lab and hear many talented students practice which was very relaxing most of the times. it is a great place to work and the manager is one of the kindest people i know.
Educational and rewarding
Scenic Shop Painter / Drama Dept (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 4, 2018
I was a volunteer in the scenic shop making sets for the musical theater performances. I learned to work with foam, and painted several different sets.
Flexible hours, for students looking to work and study.
Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 11, 2017
Irvine Valley College provides students with the flexibility to work while studying. Great environment for building customer service skills. As a NBU (Non Bargaining Unit) you are employed for as long as the position is needed.
Pros
Flexible hours, Nice environment
Cons
Poor management
Learning about diversity
Diversity and Equity Peer Educator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 16, 2017
Irvine Valley college is a diverse college. I learned about different cultures in a way of celebration. Becoming a peer educator allowed me to learn about the way of living that students intake everyday. I learned how to how to be proud of who I am and where I come from. Irvine Valley college taught me to be bold and confident.
Work Experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 10, 2017
A lot of work to complete. Not challenging, but it keeps you occupied. They are flexible with scheduling and very understanding especially if you are a student.
Buen trabajo
Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMay 8, 2017
Aprendi a manejar mui facil las maquinas de doblar y labar
Pros
Seguro medico
Cons
No tienes dias fijos de descanso
Fun, flexible and enjoyable work environment
Team Member I (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 8, 2017
I enjoy working with the staff and managers, helping customers and students by searching and looking for books that they need for their classes. It is a great environment to work at especially if students are looking for a place to earn some income for their personal spending or making bill or rent payments while they are attending school.
knowledgeable tasking
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 6, 2017
I enjoyed flexible working hours which allowed me to study and finish my certificate at the same time. I had the precious experience of the teaching methods.
Analyst
Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 4, 2017
Wonderful company who really took care of me. When deploying they set everything up and I only needed to focus on the important mission at hand. I would recommend them to anybody looking to do contracting work.
Perfect Professors
Student (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 2, 2017
Knowledgeable and helpful professors. Student friendly educational service, computer lab, clean classrooms. Great food provided at the campus area. Fun entertaining programs.
Wonderful and helpful administrative co-workers
Admissions & Records / Matriculation Clerk (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA 92618December 28, 2016
From co-worker to top Administrative staff, everyone is so very helpful in answering any questions and/or addressing concerns.

I love the work at Irvine Valley College.
Great Product Design Program
Professor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 12, 2016
Great place for student to get an education. They will get their money's worth at this JC. Professors are great and the program is like no other in the area teaching students about, Design, Model Making and Rapid Prototyping Materials and Processes.
very nice workplace
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 10, 2016
I work in electrical and electronic lab.provide technical support and the maintenance to the equipment used by the students. and made the electronic circuits use in the lab.I supervised by proff. Ray Chandose.
Pros
N/y
Cons
I have 30 minutes Break
Great first job
Lab Tutor/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 20, 2016
This was my first professional experience after completion of Associate degree. I enjoyed the opportunity as I learnt a lot on user/customer interaction. IVC is a great employer who takes care of their employees.
Pros
Great first employer
Cons
Low Salary
good organization
Professor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 19, 2016
Teaching is my profession and I share my medical knowledge with others who are willing to start nursing, medical school or other medical careers.
I use technology in my teaching and I expose my student to many different concepts. This is in order to teach them and remembering for long time period.
Pros
free consultation
Cons
short break each hour.