Irving Energy Employee Reviews

Very enjoyable place to work
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHOctober 2, 2018
Irving Energy is a enjoyable place to work, the atmosphere was pleasant and the pace was relaxed and manageable.Working with customers can sometimes be stressful, however my experience with the Irving customers was mostly pleasant with minimal customer complaint and all issues resolved quickly and to the satisfaction of both customer and company.
I found management and the fellow co- workers to be both supportive and willing to lend a hand when needed.
mandatory overtime was expected in the event of bad winter weather in order to assist customers and ensure the delivery team were able to make deliveries and return safely.
Pros
Relaxed and Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Sometimes late nights are expected
Conserative Co
Residential and Commercial Marketing (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJanuary 8, 2018
Irving is a solid company at the time it had poor representation at the corporate level and poor communication but it's still a good organization. The company was just managing through some change.
Pros
structure
Great Opportunity
HR/Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHDecember 26, 2017
Irving Energy was a great place to work. I had a wonderful manager who always took the time to work with me and was always flexible about work/life balance. The Concord, NH office has a great team of managers and employees. If given the opportunity, I would absolutely work there again!
Pros
Friendly coworkers, interesting work
Cons
Unable to hire me as an employee!
Decent pay but highly stressful
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHOctober 28, 2017
Typical day at work is highly stressful, I learned a lot about home heating, propane and #2 fuel. Management wavered between helpful and unavailable. Workplace can be cliquish at times and bullying is common. Hardest part of the job is during autumn when service amps up. Most enjoyable part of the job is the benefits.
Pros
Plenty of paid time off, decent wages, benefits
Cons
workplace can be toxic and managers can be difficult
Technician in S. Portland
Heating Technician (Current Employee) –  S. Portland, MEJuly 6, 2017
Excellent opportunity to gain knowledge as a new technician. The management is very supportive and pay and benefits are good. I read the earlier technician's review, and I'd have to say that he/she is way off the mark. The service area is large, which gives me plenty of job security and an opportunity to experience a lot of different systems and people.
Pros
Job security, benefits, support
Cons
Fast pace - Remember to slow down and take it one job at a time
Job loss due to department consolidation
Liquid Input Clerk (Former Employee) –  Littleton, NHAugust 30, 2016
I worked in the Liquid Input department of Irving Energy for 5 years, and was responsible for posting all fuel deliveries, and balancing the bulk plants for the entire State of Maine. In addition, I billed customers for propane in new tank sets, and posted credit for propane in tank removals. The Winter months were exceptionally busy, with the Summer months being more relaxed. I learned a great deal about the day to day operations of a fuel company, and the federal regulations associated with the industry. I enjoyed my work, and was fortunate to work with an excellent group of co-workers. Unfortunately, Irving chose to move the Administrative function out of the Littleton office, and relocate it to the West Lebanon location, Due to this business decision, my job was eliminated.
Pros
Benefits included health, dental, and vision insurance, as well as, vacation, personal, and sick time
Cons
Lack of job security
ask
Dual Tech (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NHMarch 7, 2016
any questions please ask or look up information about the company
my experience was great and was treated very well.everyone is great to work with and are willing to help with any problems that you come across
Very difficult environment to work in. Stressful is an understatement.
manager (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHJanuary 6, 2016
Management is over worked. The company mantra is Do more with less, so the jobs just pile on and on with complete disregard for anyone's work life balance. It's very common for managers to work months at a time in the winter without a day off, take on call for 7 day stretches (24 hrs a day) and cover multiple management roles without any financial compensation. Upper management in Lebanon has no clue how to lead people, more interested in dictating and telling others to " take it to the next level" with zero direction or help on how to make it happen. It's not surprising that the manager turnover in Lebanon has gotten so high in the last year and a half which in turn trickles down to the hourly employees who suffer due to poor management.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
ZERO work life balance. You work like a dog!
Fun place to work
Service Dispatch/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHMay 13, 2015
great people loved working with my technicians. Hardest part was taking my first angry customer but the turn around felt great.
Pros
Benefits + people
Cons
New Management
Stressful, uptight work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHApril 1, 2015
A typical day is very stressful. By the end of the day you're mentally exhausted and don't want to do anything once you get home.
Pros
Great co-workers, overtime, benefits
Cons
Stressful environment, un-organized
It was a great company to work for, Friendly employee, And they cared about your safety.
Delivery Driver Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rutland, VTMarch 27, 2015
Well I was only working for the company for a short period of time. It still was a great experience and I would defiantly do it again, It was decent pay, and long hours, I would go in at 5:30 a.m and get out at 5:30 p.m. Myself and the driver would load the truck up with propane and then get the rest of the day started. We would get to our destination, I would drag the hose to the tank and sometimes i would shovel a path to and around the tanks.
Pros
Great co-workers and managment, good hour and decent pay.
Cons
It was only a temperary position.
Better than not working during winter time.
CDL-A Hazmat Tanker (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHMarch 15, 2015
Only good thing is the OT when available during busy periods for the winter season. Current manager lags communication with its employees, and is a very deceptive person in regards to promised schedules and working hours. Gave me good experience, and I made some descent money while it last. However, management is out of touch with its employees.
Pros
OT during busy winter season.
Cons
Seasonal, very poor management.
fast paced environment
Customer Service/ Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Barre, VTFebruary 23, 2014
most drivers and technicians are a blast to work around. Some of the office staff are very hard to work with. I had many responsibilities there and was a very family oriented company.
Pros
great co workers for the first 4.5 years of working there
Cons
new employees made it no fun anymore
Competitive work environment.
Liquid Disbatcher (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHNovember 14, 2013
Irving Energy is a strict work place that forces you to compete with fellow employees that you can cement your place with in the community of workers. Take the most phones out of any one in a week and you are a hero. When the phone calls are slow, every one is friendly and we have a lot of fun. However, the work is never done.
Pros
Sign on bonuses
Cons
hard to become permanent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHApril 9, 2013
I was hired as a temporary seasonal employee for Irving and appreciated the compensation/benefits, the company's culture and values, as well as management and the work/life balance.

Halfway through my job, my manager was asked to take on the additional duties of managing a 2nd department. Upon that happening, some co-workers took advantage of his not being as present and accounted for as he had been, which made it difficult for the other employees.

Good company to work for.
Pros
10 hours per day, 4 days per week, with 3 days off!
Cons
co-workers taking advantage of management not being there
this is a production based inviorment.
Propane / Oil Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHNovember 24, 2012
you work independently. your day is spent delivering fuel to customers good job tough place to work. gallon required off truck per day are high. with stop count to go with it on average in height of season 35-40 stops per day with 4,000 gallons off the truck per day x 8 trucks that is 1 of the 4 offices in 1 districts in 1 state that has several districts. bonus at the end of the year 1st year 20% yearly income 2nd year new structure rolled out was cut to 3%. hardest part of the job was making the gallons of "Through Put"
Pros
working by yourself
Cons
poor health insurance, low pay, no job security.
solid and fun work place
Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MESeptember 11, 2012
10 hours,sales calls,cold call prospecting, daily paper work. sales and marketing. time management. the benfit of co-workers. no hard parts to this job. closing the account.
Pros
meeting prospective customers
Cons
no cons.
If you want to feel unappreciated, this is the place to work.
Service technician- L.P / Oil (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHAugust 13, 2012
Company is not safety focused as much as it should be.
Employees are treated as a liability,not an assett.
Co-Workers are friendly and willing to help each other.
Management style is threatining and not directive.
Would not recommend as a friendly place to work.
Cons
management does not follow safety rules that are implemented, but will discipline employees on a case by case basis.