Irving Materials Inc. Employee Reviews

Management terrible
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sellersburg, INMarch 14, 2019
Great benefits but management was terrible . Long hr dirty wet or hot work. No lunch breaks . Nothing like being treated like a first grader everyday. The only good thing are the benifits pay is terrible for the work required
Benefits
Cons
Low pay no breaks or lunch management
Life at IMI
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 9, 2018
You don't have no life but you make decent money and have the best benefits money could buy. If you are a single parent this may not be the best place for you to work because its not much balance. The most enjoyable part about working here is you have the best co-workers ever and everyone is pretty much like family.
Pros
All the money
Cons
No lunch break and long days.
Nope nope and nope
Cement Mixer Driver (Former Employee) –  Remington, INOctober 15, 2018
If you weren’t part of the clique you might as well forget it! They promise one thing and then turn around and tell you something different! There’s been people that have worked there 25+ years and just all of a sudden quit because of the lack of caring and concern
Pros
Great pay excellent benefits
Cons
Long hours bad management
Unstable work place with a terrible home/work balance.
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNSeptember 10, 2018
Unstable work place with a terrible home/work balance. Shady upper management with low job security. 70-80 hr work weeks with little appreciation. HR is not for the employees there.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Shady upper management
Imi
Driver/ Concrete Mixer Operator (Current Employee) –  Dickson, TNAugust 2, 2018
I love my job. Hot NO AC in trucks only 2 and 55 for air. Fun busy environment. pouring concrete is fun. pros and cons to every job. Management is great.
Great benefits, pay for my particular position was sub par
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 16, 2018
Management is out of touch with tasks and equipment to perform the duties expected. Odd hours at times. Slow to take action about issues. Seems to be a lot of family working with family in higher positions.
Benefits
Cons
Management, poor communication
Good company.
Facilities Manager at Indiana Concrete Plants (Former Employee) –  Scottsburg, INJune 26, 2018
Aside from a few leaders on power highs, it's a good company to work for. They made me feel like I was important and they allowed me to make decisions.
upper management is a joke
i drove 8 years i was a backup plant manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville TennesseeJune 17, 2018
I worked for IMI for 8 years moved too Tennessee 3 years ago from Indiana..can't say nothing bad about IMI in the south great bunch of guys I worked with .....i had family issues and and too move back too Indiana gave human resource in Indiana 3 months to help me relocate and they did nothing... pretty sad so I got let go they said I wouldn't recommend this company to work for..... go apply at SRM what a great family too work for
Pros
is non
Cons
upper management sucks
Great Company to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INApril 25, 2018
IMI was a wonderful company to work for. They provide good benefits, a good work environment when I was employed with them. The job was handling consisted of accounting and customer service.
Great Job/Very Responsible Job
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 11, 2018
IMI can be a great place to work, it seems to be a family orientated organization, but certain jobs expect a lot out their employees with grave consequences. I am unable to really say, but can be a good place to work.
Pros
Great Pay, Training, Awesome Benefits
Cons
Long Hours, Big Expectations with grave consequences with no chance to prove yourself. Can be a very competitive, political and mainstream type of personalities
Great family atmosphere
Telecom Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INMarch 27, 2018
One of the most enjoyable jobs I've ever had. Great culture and great place to work. This place truly is a family unlike those that say they are family
Pros
You can advance if you want to
Loved working here
Payroll and Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 5, 2017
The people you work with are amazing! The only draw back is that the schedule is unpredictable and your work week is very long. It's extremely difficult to have a family life because your schedule changes drastically on a day to day basis.
Good company
Concrete Driver (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 17, 2017
good company to work for , the pay is good. the only downside is that it is dealing with the hours of the construction industry, so you do not have a regular 9-5 day. you may work 8 hrs one day and 10 the next or even work say early morning, leave for ten hours and then have to come back, but that is rare. pay is good.
surface limestone quarry. Loved all aspects of Quarry work
Production Plant Operator, Quality Control Tech (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, INSeptember 6, 2017
You have opportunity to work your way up the ladder quickly based on your hard work. I started part time helping the electrician wire up a new plant in the middle of a unseasonably cold winter. needless to say that help me secure fill time employment, I learned how to drive heavy off road mining equipment, became a plant operator. Finally was given the opportunity to manage night shift. Then was selected to become a Quality control technician for the last ten tears I was with the company.
Pros
great work atmosphere, never boring, always learning
Cons
working in frigid gold sometimes
An absolute hellhole
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 3, 2017
Horrible place to work, in my whole life I've never received such abuse. Everyone, except some other drivers, will treat you like absolute scum for no reason, no matter how hard you try to please them. You'll never be good enough to make them happy. The trucks are junk, and as a new guy you'll constantly be switched to different trucks because they constantly break down, so you can never get used to just one. You'll also work a lot of Saturdays. Be prepared to watch your self-esteem plummet if you decide to work here.
Pros
Free pizza on Friday and drinks, coffee, good pay.
Cons
Horrible mistreatment from management and customers alike, long hours, no home life
Great benefits, community minded
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Huntington, INJuly 4, 2017
Each day varies dependent upon number of jobs, delivers etc.
I have learned about the aggregate industry and trucking. I enjoy building relationship with the customers and companies in the trucking industry.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Home office Greenfield IN
Great atmosphere but no homelife!
Driver/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Russellville, KYMay 26, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed working here, but if you have a family, you'll seldom see them! There were plenty of opportunities of advancement, but upper management tend to discourage it!
Cons
Culture not in line with today's top companies
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  IndianaMay 22, 2017
-Corporate culture: unclear
-Management: widely differing
-Pay: average
-work/ life balance: difficult

There are good people in the day to day operations. Often there work load is overwhelming

Great place to work.
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 8, 2017
Everyone seems to enjoy what they do and will help in any way possible to get the job done. Management does a good job of identifying peoples strengths and placing them in the proper positions. Teamwork is essential.
Easy job to learn
Concrete Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 10, 2016
It's a easy job to pick up on the environment always changing you never have the same job twice you can't Advance easily in the company the benefits are pretty good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Irving Materials Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.