Isabella Visiting Care Employee Reviews

Overall Great Company
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2019
The company is very flexible with your personal schedule and has hours available as well. I would recommend this company any day to a home health aide in need of work.
warm
Certified Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 18, 2018
they help you when u needed it. very polite and the atmosphere is warm and friendly. see my client brings job to me. they gives class to learn new things and up your skills
Cons
wish there were position where they promote you in
Productive, great place to work and wonderful coworkers.
Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2018
Working at Isabella Visiting Care has been an amazing journey. I've obtained lots of skills, I learn on a day to day basis. My position as a compliance coordinator has been an interesting experience in my work life.
Pros
Tuition reimbursements
Friendly place to work
Human Resources Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2018
Great service for their clients. Great place to work.
They provide high quality care for the employees and patients.
Isabella offer servies in the Bronx and Manhattan.
Pros
Off on your birthday
Cons
long commute
Fun and Productive workplace
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2018
Isabella is a great company to work for. There is always work to fit you schedule, and the coordinators are very understanding. They help you get to know your clients a little better to be able to hep them do daily activities, giving them as much independence as possible.
It was not possible to comply with the required hours under part time basis
On call Case Manager- Part time (Former Employee) –  From homeMarch 5, 2018
I had to relocate and it maid very difficult to continue with the requirements of the position, as it begun requiring more than the part time conditions.
knowledgeable environment
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2018
you learn something new everyday
every patient is a different experience
you learn how to look out for signs that something is wrong and gain experience
Pros
paid in service
It's not very professional
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2017
They forget to pay you. They are inconsiderate. They have their favorites. There is no future in the job.It's disorganized. Low paying, its just good for a temporary job.
Productive and friendly enviroment
Business Support Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 8, 2017
Some of the best times at Isabella were knowing every day I made a difference in someone's life .I learned so much everyday the room for growth was so amazing to me. Coworkers were always eager to help.
Pros
Easy going enviroment.
Cons
Crunchtime was usually on Fridays at the 11th hour.
The coordinators are very friendly and they work with you until they find you work.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  5073 Broadway New YorkAugust 22, 2016
I love working here. Everyone is very friendly. Work with you to find a good patient. Never had no trouble with payroll. We are with 1199 SIU Union. Great Union benefits
Its motivating environment
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2016
Hours flexible
Versatile postion
Updated training
People are wonderful
Paid training
Home health aid of the week
Bonus pay
Clean environment
Pros
Many diffrent shift
Cons
No queens clients
A good place to get your foot in the door
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2015
This organization has a great mission statement, and a great history of service at-risk populations in the community. They are among the highest rated nursing facilities in New York State, and treat residents and patients with dignity, respect and consideration. At one point, they were very good about providing holiday bonuses and cost-of-living adjustments.

My program did not grow during my time there (it actually shrank), and it was mostly due to the program director not knowing how to engage in development for that specific program. There is a lack of forward mobility in the organization, as professionals rarely move onto supervisory or management positions. There is some tuition reimbursement, but it did not seem very meaningful at the time. I ultimately left to a different employer, and I grew more professional at that place than here. That being said, I cut my teeth at this organization, and they were incredibly supportive.
Pros
Supportive Staff, Great Mission, Legacy of performing public service
Cons
Lack of advancement, relatively low salaries, horrifying commute
its a very out going
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2015
this job is a lot of work but with dedication and commitment you can get the work done. this job is about caring for the patients life being helping them become more independent of others with a little help from us the aides.
Nursing
Home health Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2015
The hardest part of the job was dealing with clients that dint want to be bother. There were time they wont open the door for you or when you go into their home they would treat you bad.
Cons
No lunch break
Short Term Medicare driven program
Director of Patient Care Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2015
This is the Chertified Homecare program. It is quick and serves mainly patient who is in the acute phase of the disease or a episode of a new onset. Patient had to be Home bound . They had to follow the strict guideline set by Medicare.
Pros
Again there is no free lunch
Cons
Breaks are to be taken within reason and it is two 15 minutes and one hour for lunch.
alot of Cordinators
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 23, 2015
fun and pleasant place to work ..I really enjoyed working there I had a really good client there..the office people are proficient and sweet to work with.
Pros
traveling
Cons
Quite enviorment
I did not enjoy working for this company
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2014
I did not enjoy working for this company because the pay was rather low for all that was asked to do on the job, as well as it not being steady work.
Pros
agency close to home
Cons
no stability
n/a
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2014
This agency is great. A variety of different experiences and impeccable professionalism. hardest part is seeing clients in pain, most enjoyable is making a difference in someone life.
Productive place of work, but no place for growth
Home Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2013
Productive place to work, nice people but no place for growth
Love what I do, regardless its sometimes hard but I have tomake it fun because that the best part know you did a job well done.
Certified Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2013
A typical day's work always started by making sure the clients had a breakfast, followed by mediation, then they had their baths and dressed for the day. Then check to see what the day's schedule is, if there are any medical appointment, or other errands to be done. Then try to get the usual tasks taken care of and have a quiet time with the client, given the client state of mind sometimes. I learned to be patient working with older people and its a joy to work with most of them if not all. Its how best I can manage my time spent with each one and still be able to smile at the end of the day that matters to me most. My co-workers are great, but I think there are room for improvements all around. The hardest part of the job is when I did a live-in case recently and this client had to used the bathroom every hour in the nights so its hard to get enough sleep if any. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I had to take the client to the senior centers for the days and played Bingo for them and I had won many games for them, its was indeed fun.
Pros
Freedom to prepare our own meals in peace.
Cons
Healthcare is challenging but I love every part of it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Isabella Visiting Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Isabella Visiting Care Reviews by Location