ISG Employee Reviews

Flexible, team oriented culture with opportunity for advancement
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJune 12, 2018
Flexible, team oriented culture with opportunity for advancement. Travel, freedom for autonomy. Compensation, bonuses, and pay raises available. Car payments, expenses paid for, good benefits. Fast paced environment, exciting, entertaining, etc.
Very busy
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNMay 9, 2018
All sorts of work and they are never short of projects. Projects vary from large buildings, industrial buildings, and even small wastewater treatment project.
Stressful environment with unrealistic management
Special Investigations Unit Editor (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAMarch 29, 2018
Though this role benefits others in processing their court cases, the management here demanded unrealistic daily goals, making what could have been a beneficial career a very unpleasant experience. Management only stepped in to reprimand, instead of encourage or thank said lower-ranking employees for putting in consistent overtime to make up for others' shortcomings per company standards and/or protocol. Responsibility and job duties for this employer was greatly unbalanced, and left the most hard working vastly underpaid and underappreciated.
Benefits
Cons
10-12 hour work days
A good part time job for those with investigative expertise
SIU Investigator (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYMarch 24, 2018
As a per diem SIU investigator, much depends on the number of cases your receive. If your a retired cop looking for a place to settle in-don't wast your time. Deadlines and supervision are at a premium and good quality of work is expected. As a field investigator, I have only met 1 person from the company when I was hired for training. The most essential skill needed for this position is time management and communication. Time management for work-family balance and communication to case managers to keep them up to speed as to where a case is.

Good report writing skills are essential as are inter personnel communications and networks through various law enforcement and personal injury law firms. These networks facilitate your success in gaining interviews and information.

I found the more I applied myself, the more cases I received as case managers come to rely upon dependable field investigators. The case managers are young, knowledgeable and have to coordinate a high number of cases with multiple investigators in multiple states. It took a bit to get used to the perfunctory check-ins and the longer I've come to understand the volume and timelines of their work.

The salary is low, no question about it, however if your seeking part-time employment in your field of expertise, this is a good spot to maintain your writing and interviewing skills while working at home. The other positive is a case manager will always ask if you want a case-so if your tied up with other life pursuits just let them know. The case managers are helpful and professional
Pros
Work from home, good supervision
Cons
per diem salary
Great enviroment, outstanding benefits, love every minute
CIVIL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNMarch 21, 2018
The environment at ISG is like a family. Work hard, Play hard. Rapid growing company that offers incredible benefits, competitive pay, and opportunity for personal and professional growth. Learning is hands on and on the job.
Pros
Benefits, comradary
It's not going to last long
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2018
If you look like them and play their games then they will like you if not you can give it up thy want me to write more but there is nothing else to say other than don't waste your time!!
Pros
the money
Cons
its not worth it
Avoid
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousMarch 5, 2018
Any of the other national insurance investigative agencies will offer you at least $2 more per hour and they might actually give you work. After months of paperwork requirements and installing software to upload test files, weeks go by without any contact from case managers. Young and inexperienced office staff is constantly changing and arrogant supervisors will only return your calls if they feel like cursing you out. Many inexperienced and untrained investigators on the roster have already been made on cases. Sporadic cases may come through every couple of months, but nothing close to the hours originally promised and it’s barely worth the time for the meager pay rate they offer. No gas reimbursement and mileage is well below the federal standard. Heaven forbid you are unavailable or need to take time for family or medical reasons, they’ll withhold future cases and might even fire you.
Pros
Getting better pay and more cases when you leave.
Cons
All the time wasted with this unprofessional company.
isg job
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 6, 2018
I work their for two years and got just let go I think the company is very unfair with certain people and don't have compassion for others.they ley me go saying after two year's and a promotion that it wasn't working out.
Excellent! Need I say more?
Private Investigator (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAFebruary 4, 2018
One of the finest companies I have ever worked for...I love the job and the people are the best. The staff is always willing to help and answer any and all questions.
Exceptional Company
Private Investigator (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAJanuary 18, 2018
This company does everything possible to ensure the investigators have the tools and expertise to complete the task. Always are available to answer questions. They are experienced and it reflects in the way employees are treated. Work is reviewed and scored to help reach each investigators potential. I love working for ISG, and look forward to being a part of the company moving forward into 2018. ISG Rocks....
Pros
Case managers are excellent, training is provided, and each case is an opportunity to learn something new.
Cons
Not enough work to be full-time
Growing Firm with Potential
Administrative Assistant + Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 6, 2017
A typical work day includes working with several project managers on varying project specific tasks such as permit coordination, proof reading, printing and compiling materials, preparing written correspondence, and communicating with jurisdictional entities and clients.

When I started with ISG, I was unfamiliar with commercial design/construction. Throughout the last six years, I have learned a great deal about these industries such as specific processes, verbiage, code/city/state requirements, and organizational skills necessary to streamline processes.

The workplace culture is generally fun. The company is very responsive and deadline driven.

The hardest part of my job is the complexity and variation of work. Although I very much enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.

I thoroughly enjoy being part of a project from start to finish, and providing streamlined coordination for the project team. I'm an outgoing, ambitious individual with excellent interpersonal skills.
Pros
Great Benefits, fun environment, flexibility, family oriented
Cons
Reactive vs. proactive, management not fully engaged, lack of internal growth
Not enough room for the size of the wrok
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 5, 2017
I never got a straight answer until the day was over. Being moved around to much from project to project had my production at a stand still just to be told to get a move on. There is no training so new employees learn on the fly from multiple sources, not an easy road for the work they demand.
Competitive work environment
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 12, 2017
Not enough help from management and up to 60 realtors in one office. No work space for putting contracts together or room for clients to come into office for meetings. No help with marketing materials.
Pros
some nice staff
Cons
No room
Great place to work and grow under able management
Senior Consultant, RPA (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 10, 2017
The place I cannot call it a company as I felt like working for myself and working with a family as I am always treated as a family member by subordinates, peers and higher ups. Be it learning new technologies (soft included), or entering new vertical, a proper guidance is provided and ample opportunities are provided to excel.
Really liked the work but really disappointed with the company.
SIU/Surveillance Investigator (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAOctober 7, 2017
I don't recommend applying to ISG if:

-You consider yourself more than a tool as an employee. At ISG, you are nothing more than a tool that they will only USE.

-You value your time and don't like to work for free. At ISG, this isn't always the case.

-You expect your employer to be transparent, honest and accountable to staff. In most cases, ISG Management simply won't reply when you ask questions requiring accountability. So much for Leadership.

-You expect reviews and raises as promised upon being hired. Based on my experience (and others) this is not the case at ISG.

-You want to work for an employer that has stable management. For whatever reason, ISG has had 8 Case Managers leave the company over the last year. Very telling of a company's health and stability or lack there of.

-You like working in a consistent environment (i.e. not being told one thing then told another, right hand not knowing what the left is doing as the saying goes). Not always the case at ISG.

-You like to be compensated for your efforts and for doing your job correctly and competently. At ISG, you "might" get compliments from time-to-time but nothing more. EVER.

My recommendation comes down to this. If you have prior investigative experience (Law Enforcement-Road Patrol/Corrections/Village/City/County/State/Federal) then I recommend looking elsewhere. Your prior experience will afford you better investigative opportuninities. In addition, your prior experience and expectations will likely lead to frustration if employed by ISG. If you don't have prior investigative
  more... experience, then ISG MIGHT be a good place to start an investigative career. Just be aware and mindful while employed by this company.  less
Pros
work can be interesting/people
Cons
Questionable business practices, lack of accountability or transparency with upper-management
Best Brokerage
Licensed Realtor (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLSeptember 1, 2017
Related actually cares about the success of their agents. Treat like family not a number. Constantly looking on ways to grow and succeed. Think out of the box!!!!
Pros
Continuing free education
fine place to work
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 14, 2017
Fine place to work
good environment
Free cafeteria
Good training for consultants
daily and weekly meetings
Good management
provided free accommodation for new coming consultants etc.
Pros
Free cofee
Cons
health care
working with ISG
Honeywell Warehouse General and Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Forestville, MDJune 23, 2017
Honeywell was lots of fun to work for some of the people not so pleasant but the access to the pentagon and other places of maximum security was a great opportunity also driving and breaking down the truck was cool i wold do it aegean if offered the chance.
Pros
being able too see new places.
Cons
short lunch breaks
a positive environment with leaders who want to help.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 14, 2017
Related ISG Realty is a great place to work as a REALTOR. They have plenty of training seminars as well as new construction presentations.

The management is warm and friendly so that sets the tone for the whole office
Pros
Great commission split
Cons
Not enough office assistance
Excellent place to work
Senior Messaging Consultant (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAApril 18, 2017
The staff are very friendly and has a great work culture. The benefits are great also. The management structure is very organized. I learned a lot during my career.