Island 16

Island 16 Employee Reviews

Working at island 16 was a very fun experience for me. Management worked very well with you. As an employee you were able to see movies before they came out.
Pros
free movie tickets
Cons
short breaks
I liked workimg there. But over time i realised, i wasnt getting paid enough, it was getting in the way of school. Also i lived far from there so was practically not making any money.
Pros
Free time, easy job
Cons
Not enough hours, no goid pay
I have learned at least one recipe that I will probably continue to use at home but I do not get enough hours in the kitchen and the scheduling is not consistent at all.
We always got stuff done. The people who work here are amazing, and so sweet. some managers can be annoying but all the workers are great and just overall amazing.
Cons
no breaks
When I worked at island 16 for the first time it was very interesting working there because I got to see the movies on Thursdays before they come out and I learned how to use the cash register and made pretzels and popcorn for the customers and the worst part of this job was dealing with a lot of customers complaints like rushing and missing part of the movie already too.
Pros
Free movies at midnight and meeting some new people for the first time.
Cons
customers would want free refills for their friends, there was a lot of security when I worked there.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Pros: -It is a fast paced job that keeps you on your toes. -The best part of the job is helping and meeting new people during every transaction. -Co-workers are wonderful. Cons: -Poor management and hours.
a job that makes you think on your feet. You work with a lot of different individuals. You must learn when to deal with specific tasks during breaks and during rushes.
Pros
can work hours around your schedule
Cons
only part time, some angry costumers
The managers there are sexes gender divided. The male managers are easy going, nice to talk to, and very respectful. Otherwise the women there are horrible except one. They think that they're superior and pick out every mistakes or error. They also lie and treated me bad as an employee. Great people, employees, & atmosphere for my first job. Also, the hours are very weak and low average hours per week is 4-5 hours but the hourly rate isn't that bad. Had thoughts on returning but I need time to explore my opportunities.
Pros
Free tickets
Cons
No breaks and no overtime pay.
This job I was in charge of taking orders from the guests, placing them properly in the computer, taking payments and returning the appropriate change. I learned to pay attention the the guests as to not make any mistakes on their food and to move quickly. The hardest part of this job was the cultural divide. I do not speak spanish and many of my coworkers did. It was very difficult to communicate with them, especially when the managers on duty didn't speak spanish either.
  1. Employee Reviews