Island One Resorts Employee Reviews

Good Learning Experience.
Vacation Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 1, 2018
Inbound/Outbound calls to prospective time share owners, offered vacations packages in all states. Good work culture. It was a very challenging but rewarding at the end of the day. I was always as excited as the travelers because their vacation dream finally came true.
Island One has Closed
MARKETING & COMMUNICATION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 25, 2018
Island One was a wonderful family owned company. However they have since been closed and bought out. The senior staff was great and cared about the people.
The company no longer exists
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 22, 2018
This company no longer exists. Overall it was a good company to work for with fair pay and benefits. Management was nice and treated us well. It was an upbeat atmosphere.
Fun job in sales - Not as fun as a collector
Collector Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLSeptember 18, 2017
When I was in sales, it was high energy lots of fun. However, sales is not for everyone. If you are uncomfortable with sales, you will have a hard time in this highly competitive environment.

When I worked collections. I was pretty regimented. You clock in, collect what you can, and leave. Co-workers were great, managers were okay, however it was a pretty monotonous job. The hours didn't really work for me anymore and they didn't have any other hours available.
Pros
Fun, High Energy Sales
Cons
Stale collections department
Great atmosphere
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLMay 25, 2017
Resorts atmosphere is very good. All departments work together to satisfy all guest that stay at the resort. Hospitality is a very fun atmosphere and you always see the unexpected.
Island One Resort was very fun place to work. This Resort had many amenities for the guest to enjoy themselves. The main check-in lobby was beautiful.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 1, 2017
A typical day at work here was nothing short of pleasantry. Everyday working at Island One Resort brings a smile to my face. I would meet, greet and check guest into their rooms courteously.
While working there I have learned that people react to the way they are treated and that is why I always received thank you smiles at check-ins and thank you cards at check-outs.
Management at Island One Resort fair and I did not have a problem with any directives I received.
Chemistry at the resort was always good even though there were many different cultural background employed there at Island One Resort.
The hardest part of the job was to make sure your cash draw balances which was not a problem.
Clocking in and ready to meet the guest was my most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Access to all the amenities
Cons
Had no healthcare
The work place is great environment to work in and the job was a great pay but due to down sizing I was laid of
Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 27, 2017
Looking for company to grow with to be a part of and be an asset the previous company was great but do to down size I was laid off
Good place to Work
AM Front Desk Lead (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 1, 2014
Great group of employees, met families from different parts of the world, assisted guests
good work place
Front Desk Agent - Liki Tiki Village (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLJanuary 18, 2014
great place, and great customers, however upper management needs to take care of their employees and pay them what they deserve.
Pros
3 lunches, great customers
Cons
not good enough pay to stay there and grow
Good while it lasted...
Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 26, 2013
Very good company. This was company whose management philosophy was always to care for their customers and employees. Unfortunately although they survived recession and a re-organization they ultimately fell victim of predatory practices of a hostile take over.
Pros
Good working environment and benefits
Cons
Slow promotion process...(nobody wanted to leave).
Front Desk Agent
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 20, 2013
I am responsible for greeting and registering guests, providing guest service, and settling the guests account upon completion of their stay. I maintain a positive and upbeat attitude with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service to all guests. I do very well with multi-tasking, being detail-oriented, being able to problem solve in order to effectively deal with internal and external customers.
Food Services
Tour Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLOctober 28, 2013
Fun environment, loved my co workers. This was a good work experience, however, overall, not much room for advancement.
ok company
Foreclosure Specialist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 15, 2013
no job security or advancement. time share company not much else to say, time shares are a thing of the past
Vice President
V.P. Contracts & Owner Services (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 4, 2013
I enjoyed nearly 14 years of service with Island One Resorts. We withstood the economic downturn and a bankrtupcy filing. We emerged from bankrtupcy and came back very strong financially which made us very appealing to an international developer initiating an IPO. We were acquired early in 2013 and all executive functions are being moved to Las Vegas. Were it not for that, I would have stayed with Island One for many years, possibly to retirement, as it has been a very challening and rewarding experience.
good place to work for.
Reservation's Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2013
Good place to work for especially if you have a family. The co-workers are the best.
Island One Resort
Leasing Agent / Closing Agent (Former Employee) –  Davenport, FLJune 5, 2013
You are not important as an employee. Everything that matters is a number; the number of sales you can make and retain. No second chances! If you don't meet their numbers, you are out! You have no schedule, your working day will finish when there are no more clients to take care of. You have to be passionate about vacationing to sell timeshares, moreover, you have to truly believe in the system in order to be successful. However, the system relies in many lies written in small letters in the homeowner contract and in strategies when explaining the future owners the not so real parts.
Pros
There is good money in the industry.
Cons
Your moral values will rule your mind.
A caring company that helped me learn and excel in so many aspects of my job
Assistant Front Desk Manager /Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 26, 2013
I was the Sr. Front office superviser. I supported the front office manager in all duties: finance, assisted the GM with budgets for the front office.
I worked days and nights and would make all schedules for the front office, i was resposible for payroll, and had was always on call for any assistance that the front office agents might need.

I enjoyed very much my job with Island one. Helping with all parts of the operations and even the back office aspects as well.
typical day at work
Warehouse Assistan Manager (Former Employee) –  Gardner, FLMay 8, 2013
good company to work learn about a lot new softawre as well as payroll the easiest job in my life

Cons
Great benefits and atmosphere. Company founded on values.
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 28, 2013
I was able to hone and refine management skills by working in a resort atmosphere which included communicating and assisting many departments. Island One was a great company for overall atmosphere, core values, and benefits.
Pros
benefits were outstanding
Cons
life balance (on call 247)
Productive work environment
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 6, 2013
Typically I answer calls from owners and renters check for availability and/ or prices for rental units, complete online requests, call back owners or renters to provide information or to book reservations. The management and co-workers all work as a team to make the department productive and to provide the best quality to all of our guest. One of the hardest parts of the job is hearing the disappointment in the owners or guests voice when I am unable to find availability for the dates or resort they are looking to stay in.
Cons
short breaks