Island View Casino Resort Employee Reviews

Lots of behind the scenes drama
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSFebruary 9, 2019
Upon hiring we were told this new restaurant Dockside Deli would be doing a lot of business. We were expecting 1000 or more guests in our restaurant a day. After 6 months at best we did 350 for the day. The veteran servers left, leaving us newer ones hoping we could make more money. Most days we brought home 20 bucks after tipping out the busser staff, that did very little work, if any. Also the bartender had to get tip money. Supervisors didn't know much or didn't care. Side duties were not enforced, certain people buddying up with management got away with anything.
Pros
Free food in employee dining room
Cons
Pay
Easy Job but can be demanding at times
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSFebruary 7, 2019
Easy Job but can be demanding at times. The hardest part of the job itself is staying busy. Overall i enjoy it for the most part but the times that I work aren't very conductive to a normal lifestyle.
Pros
Free Lunches, Paid Breaks, Benefits
Cons
On your feet full shift
good work, not to hard
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 16, 2019
need more hours to pay my bills. get to work to be ask to go home early i did not like. enjoyed my co-workers we all help each other with work load.the magt was not everything that it should be no support for up grade in prosirtion.
Good work environment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSDecember 14, 2018
Fast pace, a lot of walking, a lot of standing, a lot of communication, helping environment, team work, a lot a supervision, good coworkers, customer service worke
Very relaxing, loving workplace
Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSNovember 28, 2018
Everyday I came in to work the first thing i would do was make sure that our bartenders needed anything before relaxing and setting myself to do my job, which was simply sitting at the door waiting for pool guest to come in and check in with us, and we provide them towels and drinks when they order from us. I learned to be an excellent team player, and learn to be patient with others. Management was GREAT, our supervisor was very caring and understanding. The hardest part of the job was the fact that there are two pools at the casino, and one pool would get more business than the other. Most enjoyable part was the bond me and my co-workers had with each other, we were family.
Pros
Free lunch and breakfast, good hour long paid break.
Cons
There were some slow days.
Island View Casino and Resort is a wonderful place to work.
Public Area Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSNovember 26, 2018
A productive , and a fun place to work. Great people and coworkers and great food. I've learned to be humble working there. The hardest part of the job was working with all the different attitudes. But you go to work and do your job you shouldn't have no problems. The most enjoyable part of the job is you get discounted tickets on certain things. Rides to and from parking garage everyday. All you can eat buffet style breakfast lunch and dinner as long as you are at work. I really enjoyed working there. Very strict on the rules so be sure to follow them to the fullest. You earn PTO every time you clock in and out. A free clinic to all employee and their immediate family. They also give advances on your pay check after you've been working for them for a year or more. They go all out for the cruising the coast and does a wonderful job on the holiday lights at Jones Park every Nov, Dec, and January.The management are willing to assist and help you in all ways that they can. Summing it all up Island View Casino Resort is a great place to work.
Pros
free health care free lunch
Cons
no holiday pay
Horrible place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSNovember 20, 2018
Manager and supervisors were great although the point system was horrible and you face being terminated if anything happens to your child or immediate family .
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Point system
semi productive with good work associates
Players Club Representative (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSNovember 7, 2018
I have learned better customer service skills and problem solving skills. I also learn about promotions and picked up some marketing skills along the way.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSOctober 24, 2018
Fast paced job very viid job to work Management is great and you can get as many hours as you want the guests are excellent..the benefits are good you have paid time off and good insurance for a little of nothing...rooms are beautiful
Great Place
Slot Technician (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSSeptember 26, 2018
Great place to work. Wish I could of stayed. Things happen. Amazing Environment and definetly fun to work there. Don't expect raises. But expect opportunities to grow in the company. They are always trying to improve the facility for the best. Amazing place to work.
Pros
Amazing co workers and fun management.
Cons
No raises.
the most enjoyable part of the day
Room Inspector (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSSeptember 22, 2018
Talking with the guest, providing great guest service was the best part. Talking with guest from all over the world was the best part about working at Island View
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not a very good manager at the time
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSSeptember 19, 2018
the manager was not a very nice guy. however i hear that he is not there anymore. valet was a high paced fun job to have, but it is more for the younger generation
Management/Supervisory
Executive Department (Former Employee) –  MississippiSeptember 17, 2018
Island View should have management training because they tend to promote individuals with terrible people skills to management/supervisory positions. I watched as my supervisor bullied her employees. The employees at the company are great individuals and deserve a professional work environment.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Food is terrible
The pay was not worth the amount of work you were required to complete.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSSeptember 14, 2018
I feel like the starting wage should've been way more. The amount of work is ridiculous and too strenuous on anybody. I got "jipped" out of a whole paycheck and nothing was done about it so I just accepted it and moved on.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
the work was too much and the pay was too little.
Very fun place to work at
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 29, 2018
A typical dat at work would consist of getting everything ready for the shift. I learned alot, management good. Just working at Island View was a good place to work at.
Pros
Employee Dining Room for free
Cons
only 30 min lunch
excellent
Housekeeping PAD (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 28, 2018
The work environment is very good and they give many benefits to the workers and even the meals, it is excellent.
Pros
seguro, vacaciones, etc
Great place to start housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 28, 2018
Do the job right the first time an you want get call back. Helping people was a great way to motivate yourself to do better everyday. Going to work on time an not calling in was good for the team. It's was new people everyday but to focus on the job an being around good people was fun.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
A Day At Work
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 24, 2018
They make sure that you're fed with the breakfast buffet they provide to make sure that your awake and ready for a busy day at work. I love how nice the staff are, they accompany you to make sure everything is going well and always make sure if you understand everything.
Poor employment
Housekeeper, Maid (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 15, 2018
Island view does not give a single care about their employees nor their lifes outside of work. The pay is non negotiable as well as the higher staff abuses their authority.
Pros
Awesome edr
Cons
No time to take a breather
productive and fun workplace
Steward/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJuly 24, 2018
Great fast paced workplace with good benefits free lunch uniforms provided health care that starts the day you start working and not the ninety days that most jobs make you wait