Island View Casino Resort Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poor employment
Housekeeper, Maid (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 15, 2018
Island view does not give a single care about their employees nor their lifes outside of work. The pay is non negotiable as well as the higher staff abuses their authority.
Pros
Awesome edr
Cons
No time to take a breather
Not a place for advancement
Mississippi (Former Employee) –  MississippiJune 7, 2018
For six months I worked as a room attendant for Island View Casino Resort and quickly learned that this is not the place for advancement for motivated people. As a result of continuously pushing a housekeeping cart loaded down with supplies, I developed health issues that included a heart murmur and had to be hospitalized for a week. I was advised that housekeeping work is not ideal for me so after discharge from the hospital I left the job. Since then I have earned both my associate and bachelor degrees so that I have more job options.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no raises, no benefits for employees working less than 40 hours a week
Productive and fun place
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJune 5, 2018
Island View is a great place to start your career path. The staff is excellent and knowledgeable in many aspects of the kitchen. Great culture and staff pride
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
short breaks
Whole company has a friendly staff.
Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMay 24, 2018
I enjoyed working at Island View. I just came to some boundaries that caused me to leave. I loved working with my coworkers. Most were great. Would return if there was an opportunity.
Pros
8 hour shifts, free lunches.
Cons
No raises.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMay 17, 2018
The job was very fast paced but i prefer jobs like that. The management was very understanding and determined to teach. The environment was very welcoming
a stressful place to work
Housekeeping Attendant (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSApril 23, 2018
if you never had worked in housekeeping that's not the job for you it can be difficult some times but if you can hold your head up you can make it I have I been there a year and still going
Enjoyable
Reservationist (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSApril 12, 2018
Pro's and con's just like anywhere else, but the people working there is what made it so great for me. There are no raises, which has always been a bit odd.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch
Cons
No raises
Great
Housekeeper/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMarch 25, 2018
Free err for employees, very fast paced job if you don’t keep up you will get left behind. See new faces everyday, there’s always something to do to keep busy
Fun working environment depending on department
Casino Host (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMarch 18, 2018
Customer service, calling and inviting guests to promotions.
The hardest part was being told no on an issue I believed in and having to balance customer service while maintaining profitability for the company. I really enjoyed meeting people from all walks of life. There were calm days and crazy days, which I thrive under that environment.
Pros
meeting lots of people
Cons
its a good place to work
SUPERVISOR, 240 SEAT UPSCALE CASUAL GRILLE (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSFebruary 12, 2018
casino is beautiful. coworkers are great. guests are fun. i enjoyed working there. i was there 10 years. and decided to move back home to be with family.
Pros
edr on the house food
Cons
no comment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 31, 2018
I always worked at a fast pace the work place was professional including management the hardest part of job was the physical part great benifets and hours
Pros
Benifets
Cons
Distance from home
Former front desk
Hotel Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 28, 2018
If you are not managements favorite employee you will never advance. It is all about favoritism. If the managers do not like you they will do everything in their power to keep you from advancement and constantly find things to complain to try and get you terminated.
Laid back place to work
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 24, 2018
Island View is a laid back place to work because mo one really gets in trouble. One of the easiest jobs in my life. A typical day at work is dealing with the older demographic generation,
OK place to work
Main Banker / Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 23, 2018
It was a good place to work besides the managers in certain departments and the fact that no matter how hard you work there is no pay raise. The only way to receive a pay raise is to change to a different department.
Houseman
EVS Attendant Houseman (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MS 39501January 18, 2018
When I was at Island view casino its a very fun place to work at all the people was lovely an sweet the work I was doing as a houseman I really enjoyed doing it.At island view I just really liked helping the guess with there problems an needs.
Poor management
Valet (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 12, 2018
I encountered quite a bit of manager/employee favoritism. And when brought to the attention of upper management, there were no resolutions implemented. This is not an establishment that bases advancement off of hard work and dedication, but off of WHO you know. This type of conflict causes problems between employees, which in turn causes the work environment to become stressful.
Pros
You meet new people
Cons
The stressful work environment
Good company
Equipment Tech Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 4, 2018
Good company to work for. They hire you at the bottom and you can quickly move up the latter after your 90days of employee. They allow you to set your own raises by transferring into another department.
Pros
They hire within first
Cons
No raises ever
It’s not the best but it’s a job
HOUSEKEEPING TURNDOWN ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSDecember 30, 2017
It’s a lot of favoritism in my department it’s hard work but you have to come here ready to work. Some days are better then the other but it’s a Job to help take of your family
its adequate employment
Main Banker (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSNovember 14, 2017
ok place to work. training is terrible and many people are not great personalities but for every bad employee there's a good one. pay is below par with no raises, turnover is high but not very stressful and receive fair amount of paid time off.
Very Nices Job
Pool Attendant (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSNovember 12, 2017
Very Layed back job friend people and company people was nices always love to see people smile why I'm on Shift everybody is very outspoken I enjoy everyday at work with meet new people
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a