ISN CORPORATION Employee Reviews

2.6
Ratings breakdown
Fun
Tobacco Inspector (Former Employee) –  Brevard County, FLApril 8, 2018
The job was very fun and was always busy doing the operations. We drove around to the locations provided to do the inspection. No problems had ever come about during my time there.
Look Elsewhere
Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 27, 2018
The management is the problem with this company and there are so many reasons it could be run better. Lots of turnover and constantly changing guidelines. Employ here as a last resort and your work will not be appreciated and all employees are easily dispensed.
Store Reviewer in California
Store Reviewer (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 12, 2018
I am a current review who has been with ISN for 7+ years. I have always enjoyed the freedom of having 6 days to complete an assignment. I knew when I accepted the position it was part time and that is fine with me. I use it as an extra source of income, and therefore it's perfect. I usually have somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-25 hours per 2 week pay period. I have only had 2 Mangers in my time with ISN and both of them have been extremely flexible in working with any time off request I have requested. I get vacation pay, paid holidays based on hours worked in the week before the holiday.

Its really hard to knock a great gig like this with how easy the job is. I meet a lot of great people while doing the reviews, learn alot about different cultures and what they eat. It certainly is an easy job and while you will put on some miles on your vehicle I feel like they are taking care of your compensation by paying you while you are going from home to the locations and from store to store.

In summary, if you are looking for a very part time fun job with nobody bothering you, no micromanaging, flexible hours, and good pay where as long as you do your job you have no worries then this is for you.

By the way you are a 1099 contractor, so make sure you track your miles. They are all a tax deductions!
Pros
Flexible schedule, good pay, ease of work
Cons
Not for anyone who needs guaranteed hours
Good for supplemental income
Store Reviewer (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 10, 2018
Working at ISN provided me with flexibility to complete assignments on my own time. The down side is that the workload/hours are not guaranteed. This means that there would be days that I have no assignments. Therefore, this is not a source of income to depend on. It is great for a side job
Pros
pay, flexibility
Cons
no guaranteed hours
No Hours
Contract Agent under age purchaser (Current Employee) –  AnnonymousJanuary 2, 2018
Tried and tried love the job but it took over 2 months to start communication is horrible. Completely disorganized and unprofessional. Would work as much as they would give and was promised unlimited hours. Only received maybe 8 per 2 week pay period. Can Go weeks without inspections.
Pros
Unique work for teen
Cons
Management and organization
Not a good experience
Novad Management Consulting (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 27, 2017
I would not have switched companies if I had known more about ISN earlier. I was hired for a specific job, then switched to a job that I had no experience or knowledge.
Pros
Nice office
Cons
Management was inexperienced.
Relaxed place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 26, 2017
The hours here are very flexible and management is very reasonable. For example, i live 30+ miles away from work and with the flexible hours I'm able to come into work early and leave early giving me a chance to beat that DC traffic
Pros
Hour lunch, flexible hours
Slow advancement and family/friends oriented company
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityAugust 30, 2017
Don't expect to work hard and get acknowledged and/or promoted. Mostly only family members or friends of those who already work there are promoted or given raises. If you request vacation time (because you've accumulated it) they'll count it against you. They look down upon those who aren't upper management and request time off. Even still, management who isn't favored gets told NO a lot. Even if you have vacation time, they'll deny the use of your accumulated time and request you make the hours during the week or go without pay. Also, there is no REAL 401K. It's a sham. I wouldn't call the benefits "benefits" at all. The health insurance is more like a discounted package thrown in - every one else I know has way better insurance than this company...expect to pay a lot out of pocket. This is a government contract job so the paid holidays are great, but the lack of extra days for holidays is a real bummer.
Pros
Federal Holidays
Cons
Healthcare, lack of vacation time
I love the Career but the micromanaging has become unbearable.
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 10, 2017
I would recommend anyone to take a job here but expect not to be able to use your vacation time as they keep it minimialy staffed and you are not allowed to take vacation time.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No time off
very flexible schedule
Store Reviewer for USDA and Auditor (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COApril 20, 2017
Very Flexible schedule. Managers easy to work with and quick to respond. I covered the entire Western Slope area and found the work interesting and challenging.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
compensation for mileage and higher pay
Poor management
Rather not disclose (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 8, 2017
They treat their employees as they are disposable. Will talk negatively about you in front of you like your not even there. You will get no credit for a good job. They will not abide by their contract. Unprofessional management.
Pros
cannot think of any
Cons
poor management
Toxic
Prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDFebruary 10, 2017
Don't expect to move up in this company. They will overload you with work and if you do manage to work hard the management and executives will take credit for your work. Turnover is very high.
Pros
Location close to mall
Cons
Management, work environment, compensation
Fun environment with competitive atmosphere
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 11, 2017
It is a great job to learn and get exposure to high level employees from companies. Really get to learn the business from the ground up and understand the purpose of the services ISN provides.
Don't work here!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 8, 2016
Only take this job if you are desperate and continue looking for something else. So much turnover it crazy. Read the reviews and search Google about this company before you apply. Everything is accurate.

You can get promoted if you change your hair color from pink or purple to a normal color and dress better to fit the fake image of management. You really dont need to know anything or have any experience. Just pretend to know what your doing and you can get the promotion.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Low salaries, tyrannical management, long hours, bait and switch jobs, get more vacation at McDonalds
ISN Corporation
Account/Accountant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 27, 2015
Account/Accounting Assistant:
-Maintained U.S. properties performing property management.
-Maintained utility responsibilities, regional vendors for property maintenance.
-Filing documents
-Coordinating with U.S. Marshals regarding court documents, HUD-1 docs.
-Other duties as assigned.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Non-Competative Compensation
Contract work
Review Auditor (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 4, 2014
Contractor great when busy but business can be slow at times.
Do not work here
QA/QC Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 8, 2014
This is a terrible company to work for and I wish I would have read reviews before agreeing to work there. The management is the biggest issue and jsut like any good job, it starts at the top. They treat their employees as if their replaceable and have little to no permanent workers. As a result, very high turnover. I meet someone every day who has worked here. The only ones who have a decent experience are those working directly under management. By the way, this is a family-owned business
Pros
work/life balance is okay and pay is not bad
Cons
management is terrible, no job security, corruption within the company
I was an IT worker
IT worker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 29, 2013
it was a fun place to work. I really enjoyed working with them. I worked on fax machines, I answered call from customers with a mix up on their orders. I really enjoyed the job.
Pros
worked with customers
Cons
no cons
good flexibility
reviewer (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 13, 2012
This is a pretty good part-time job designed with flexibility in mind. The compensation is not bad and it's not terribly difficult to give them what they are looking for in a review.
Pros
flexible to a degree, not hard to do a good job for what they want
Cons
work is not regular, never know how many reviews you will be offered, in a pay period