ISN Corporation Employee Reviews

Zero communication from supervisor and lack of work
Tobacco inspector (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 13, 2019
I worked for ISN CORP since 2013 and it was okay for awhile! Then without any warning went from working full time hours to less than 8 hours a week! They didn’t even have the common courtesy to let anyone know that this would possibly happen! This has caused many of us to all of a sudden be in financial apocalypse! If they would have let all of us know, we would have had the time to prepare for this by finding additional employment! Instead they said nothing and told us that it was only a temporary slow down.

So basically went from making a living wage working more than full time to getting my power shut off, with promises of plenty of work!
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Only care about the bottom line $! Don’t value loyal employees
Poor management, poor work/life balance
Associate Investigator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento County, CAJanuary 25, 2019
Once you sign on, you're essentially on your own. While the benefit of working remote is a positive, it is still a dismal experience. Everyone is largely out for their own so support from Management is almost non-existent. The initial training is difficult with little room for questions as to the actual material, HQ and supervisory staff often don't allow or will ridicule questions. Not the greatest place to work and not the strongest support staff.
Pros
Security Clearance
Cons
Poor management, no support, poor training
Great Company
Fraud Investigator (Former Employee) –  Home BaseJanuary 24, 2019
I will miss working for this company so many great people, management very supportive. I left due to personal reason no fault of the company. Well maybe the Background Investigator training could have been better structured? I will miss the supportive staff.
Pros
Room for growth
Not great to work for the company
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAJanuary 2, 2019
Not good, management team. The team doesn't offer incentive, they only want you to work, fast, don't make any mistakes. You have to work without talking to co-workers. They run out of equipment needed to complete daily work. There isn't anyone in charge of keeping the warehouse clean.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Unorganized.
working remotely is great.
Analyst/Compliance Auditor (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDDecember 9, 2018
Deadlines are reasonable. Working from home was what I was looking for. Supervisors are readily available for questions, help and are very nice to work with.
Nothing But Aggrivation
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CANovember 20, 2018
Terrible company. Many times go to the stores or business and they say they are not expecting you until another day so you waste a trip.They complain about everything. They spy on you. They check out what you're up to on facebook The pay is a joke.
Pros
Cons
Waste gas and time and make nearly nothing
100% field work
Store Reviewer for the USDA (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 7, 2018
The job consisted of photographing interior of stores and taking limited inventory. Mine was a very large territory, with about 5% over 100 miles one way.
Pros
great flexibility and control of schedule
Cons
Not enough work to stay excited about the job
Contract Store Reviewer Position is a Scam
Store Reviewer Contractor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 2, 2018
The ad/email sounds good: they say they'll pay about $20/hour to review stores for SNAP benefits. Then you find out you have to do about a week of training (reading materials and watching videos) online and then attending a "conference call + online video training" on your own time WITHOUT BEING PAID. Also you have to use your own phone/camera, vehicle, measuring devices, computer for making electronic sketches, email, and other tools to be able to get photos in tight spaces while holding open freezer and cooler doors. They pay you about $3 per assignment for printing forms, but everything else is supplied by you. They don't pay you for actual time worked, just the amount of time their "metrics" say it should take you, and these ridiculously underestimate the time required. Maybe their trainers, who said they have about 15 years of experience can do it in close to the time limit, but I was working so fast I was sweating and I couldn't come near the time limits they set. They also DON'T PAY you for the time it takes you to return to your computer and tally up your food counts, decide which to enter, convert your hand drawn sketch to an electronic one with lots of added requirements, search through tons of photos (you try to take as many as you can because you're working so fast that many of them will end up being "too blurry", and also you NOT PAID to go back and get anything they want re-done or that you missed), find the specific ones that meet all of the requirements and separate them out for upload, take a picture of the consent form to upload it, and then type up your "store  more... notes". They pay you only 30 minutes to log into the system and fill out multiple tedious and time-consuming electronic forms to enter all of this information and upload all of the photos and documents. Also, they want to you to a number of "updates" training sessions and "forums" online and/or via conference call, for which you are also NOT PAID. On top of all of this free work you are doing for them, their training materials, coaching, reference materials and QC emails (which you read and answer for NO PAY) are all geared to making you feel like it is your fault you can't do it in the allotted time and also to encourage you to under-report the amount of time it took you to complete the assignment, or they threaten you with getting a lower rating and not getting as many assignments. IF I don't count all of the time I lost from my job that pays me for actual hours worked (and provides all of the materials I need to do my job), I ended up making about $5 per hour, and I'm a very fast worker, tech savvy and competent. I don't recommend it. It's all quite soul-sucking. The only good thing was I met great people at the stores, and learned about some really interesting specialty markets.  less
Pros
Met friendly people and found interesting stores
Cons
Basically working for free while they make you feel incompetent
Interestting
Store Quality Reviewer (Current Employee) –  GuamSeptember 18, 2018
Its interesting because there are days I have work and days where I cant work because I have no work. But when I do the compensation is amazing but dont get your hopes of getting consistent work
Treatment from the.agency ISN and my FDA co-worker is wonderful to work with.
Underage purchaser (Current Employee) –  Milford, DESeptember 13, 2018
I have been treated with the up most respect from my boss and the FDA agent I work along side with. I have never been talked down to, or never took my suggestions in consideration.
The actual agency ISN, I would highly recommend for a teenager from the ages of 16 to 18 to work. They have never once made any errors in my paychecks and hours. I have always been paid on time and in full. Every one knows this is considered something that is always important to everybody. This agency never let you down in that area.
I think this is a wonderful agency to work for and if I could I would work with this agency beyond the age of 18.
Pros
Refer to above
Cons
Refer to above
Do not work here!
Jr. Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 23, 2018
I was let go after two months because I stood up for myself to my supervisor. Don't bother going to HR, the CEO is good friends with his leadership team and does not take any advice from HR.
Pros
Free Breakfast on Friday
Cons
Bad Management all around
Everyday is a new learning experience for me.
Reconveyance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 10, 2018
Everyday is a new learning experience for me. Every case is different and very time consuming, which is fine. By asking alot of quiestions this allow you to learn and take more information in.
Pros
flexible with our schedule
Cons
our dept is understaffed
Fun side job, staff very good to work with
Store reviewer (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 24, 2018
I enjoy doing the visits, recently the process has gotten a little more complicated but they also expanded the time expectations to allow for this. The people behind the scenes are wonderful, I have not met one that was unpleasant to work with. The work available fluctuates so it cannot be an only job.
Pros
Individual assignments make it flexible. Staff amazing. Good rate of pay per hour.
Cons
Sometimes low or no assigmments in pay cycle.
Good job for minors but ZERO communication
MINOR INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 19, 2018
I worked here whenever I turn 16 as a minor inspector and it was good at first because I can choose when I want it to work and the pay rate was $10 an hour. When we started completing our task with my ISN agent, we didn't get any more tasks and we just eventually stopped working completely. I still haven't heard anything at all from the company and we don't know who to contact to see if we can get more people or places to inspect. with that being said, the communication is very poor between the actual company and its agents and minor inspectors. I don't know who to contact, I don't know how to quit my job officially and I don't know what task I'll be giving next if any at all or when. Your schedule and your agent schedule also has to work out so it's possible that you may not get as many hours at all.
Pros
Good first job, $10 an hour for minors
Cons
Extremely poor communication, little to no hours, don't have a solidified schedule, no benefits
Very flexible schedule and good pay
Federal Tobacco Inspector (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 14, 2018
I've worked part time for ISN for over 3 years now and love it. The schedule is choose your own hours as long as you are getting your work done. I'm a part time employee who is contracted as a Federal Tobacco Inspector. I am trying to gain full time employment with ISN.
Pros
Flexible schedule and good hours.
Cons
Management is sort of disorganized.
experiencia de trabajo muy buena
Inspector de Tabaco para FDA (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoJuly 11, 2018
experiencia de trabajo buena para mi vida laboral
Overall good
Undercover Investigator (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLJune 23, 2018
Decent pay, a lot of driving from each location. The hardest part of the job would be when you bust someone for selling to a minor. I've learned that people don't know how to look at a ID.
Pros
Free lunches, Freindly co-workers
Really easy job
Underage purchaser (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 12, 2018
A pretty cool starting job for 16+ year olds with good compensation and gets you out of the house/ work place. And a pretty cool job to brag about....
Pros
Good pay very easy schedules
Cons
Inspectors might cancel on you
Keep moving to something better than ISN
Quality Assurance Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 21, 2018
They hire a lot of non U.S. Citizens who don't have college degrees to be Managers over individuals who are United States citizens who have college degrees. Management sucks, high turnover, mistreatment of African American women and not a professional environment
Pros
MONEY is good
Cons
They way they treat African American Employees suck
Temporary work as underage purchaser
Underage Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 20, 2018
The position as an Underage Purchaser was only temporary as it was specific to the time period of when you are 16-17. It gave me some much needed experience with different people and different situations.