ISN Corporation Employee Reviews

Interestting
Store Quality Reviewer (Current Employee) –  GuamSeptember 18, 2018
Its interesting because there are days I have work and days where I cant work because I have no work. But when I do the compensation is amazing but dont get your hopes of getting consistent work
Treatment from the.agency ISN and my FDA co-worker is wonderful to work with.
Underage purchaser (Current Employee) –  Milford, DESeptember 13, 2018
I have been treated with the up most respect from my boss and the FDA agent I work along side with. I have never been talked down to, or never took my suggestions in consideration.
The actual agency ISN, I would highly recommend for a teenager from the ages of 16 to 18 to work. They have never once made any errors in my paychecks and hours. I have always been paid on time and in full. Every one knows this is considered something that is always important to everybody. This agency never let you down in that area.
I think this is a wonderful agency to work for and if I could I would work with this agency beyond the age of 18.
Pros
Refer to above
Cons
Refer to above
Do not work here!
Jr. Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 23, 2018
I was let go after two months because I stood up for myself to my supervisor. Don't bother going to HR, the CEO is good friends with his leadership team and does not take any advice from HR.
Pros
Free Breakfast on Friday
Cons
Bad Management all around
Everyday is a new learning experience for me.
Reconveyance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 10, 2018
Everyday is a new learning experience for me. Every case is different and very time consuming, which is fine. By asking alot of quiestions this allow you to learn and take more information in.
Pros
flexible with our schedule
Cons
our dept is understaffed
Fun side job, staff very good to work with
Store reviewer (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 24, 2018
I enjoy doing the visits, recently the process has gotten a little more complicated but they also expanded the time expectations to allow for this. The people behind the scenes are wonderful, I have not met one that was unpleasant to work with. The work available fluctuates so it cannot be an only job.
Pros
Individual assignments make it flexible. Staff amazing. Good rate of pay per hour.
Cons
Sometimes low or no assigmments in pay cycle.
Good job for minors but ZERO communication
MINOR INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 19, 2018
I worked here whenever I turn 16 as a minor inspector and it was good at first because I can choose when I want it to work and the pay rate was $10 an hour. When we started completing our task with my ISN agent, we didn't get any more tasks and we just eventually stopped working completely. I still haven't heard anything at all from the company and we don't know who to contact to see if we can get more people or places to inspect. with that being said, the communication is very poor between the actual company and its agents and minor inspectors. I don't know who to contact, I don't know how to quit my job officially and I don't know what task I'll be giving next if any at all or when. Your schedule and your agent schedule also has to work out so it's possible that you may not get as many hours at all.
Pros
Good first job, $10 an hour for minors
Cons
Extremely poor communication, little to no hours, don't have a solidified schedule, no benefits
Very flexible schedule and good pay
Federal Tobacco Inspector (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 14, 2018
I've worked part time for ISN for over 3 years now and love it. The schedule is choose your own hours as long as you are getting your work done. I'm a part time employee who is contracted as a Federal Tobacco Inspector. I am trying to gain full time employment with ISN.
Pros
Flexible schedule and good hours.
Cons
Management is sort of disorganized.
experiencia de trabajo muy buena
Inspector de Tabaco para FDA (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoJuly 11, 2018
experiencia de trabajo buena para mi vida laboral
Overall good
Undercover Investigator (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLJune 23, 2018
Decent pay, a lot of driving from each location. The hardest part of the job would be when you bust someone for selling to a minor. I've learned that people don't know how to look at a ID.
Pros
Free lunches, Freindly co-workers
Really easy job
Underage purchaser (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 12, 2018
A pretty cool starting job for 16+ year olds with good compensation and gets you out of the house/ work place. And a pretty cool job to brag about....
Pros
Good pay very easy schedules
Cons
Inspectors might cancel on you
Keep moving to something better than ISN
Quality Assurance Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 21, 2018
They hire a lot of non U.S. Citizens who don't have college degrees to be Managers over individuals who are United States citizens who have college degrees. Management sucks, high turnover, mistreatment of African American women and not a professional environment
Pros
MONEY is good
Cons
They way they treat African American Employees suck
Temporary work as underage purchaser
Underage Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 20, 2018
The position as an Underage Purchaser was only temporary as it was specific to the time period of when you are 16-17. It gave me some much needed experience with different people and different situations.
Very poor morale
Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 15, 2018
This company is awful to work for. The management is extremely biased and will throw you under the bus to save their hide. I would never ever recommend this company unless you had no other option. Not to mention the amount of drama and unprofessional conduct is out of control. There are relatives working for one another and without a doubt receive favoritism.
If you work hard...
Deputy Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 11, 2018
ISN, like any other company, appreciates and recognizes those who work hard. ISN has grown over the past few years that I have been employed and worked hard to improve their culture and work environment. I have been promoted from within multiple times and I think if you work hard at ISN you will be promoted and recognized.
Pros
Free breakfast on Fridays, casual Fridays, work from home days
Cons
Benefits, Healthcare Options
Fun
Tobacco Inspector (Former Employee) –  Brevard County, FLApril 8, 2018
The job was very fun and was always busy doing the operations. We drove around to the locations provided to do the inspection. No problems had ever come about during my time there.
Look Elsewhere
Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 27, 2018
The management is the problem with this company and there are so many reasons it could be run better. Lots of turnover and constantly changing guidelines. Employ here as a last resort and your work will not be appreciated and all employees are easily dispensed.
Store Reviewer in California
Store Reviewer (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 12, 2018
I am a current review who has been with ISN for 7+ years. I have always enjoyed the freedom of having 6 days to complete an assignment. I knew when I accepted the position it was part time and that is fine with me. I use it as an extra source of income, and therefore it's perfect. I usually have somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-25 hours per 2 week pay period. I have only had 2 Mangers in my time with ISN and both of them have been extremely flexible in working with any time off request I have requested. I get vacation pay, paid holidays based on hours worked in the week before the holiday.

Its really hard to knock a great gig like this with how easy the job is. I meet a lot of great people while doing the reviews, learn alot about different cultures and what they eat. It certainly is an easy job and while you will put on some miles on your vehicle I feel like they are taking care of your compensation by paying you while you are going from home to the locations and from store to store.

In summary, if you are looking for a very part time fun job with nobody bothering you, no micromanaging, flexible hours, and good pay where as long as you do your job you have no worries then this is for you.

By the way you are a 1099 contractor, so make sure you track your miles. They are all a tax deductions!
Pros
Flexible schedule, good pay, ease of work
Cons
Not for anyone who needs guaranteed hours
Good for supplemental income
Store Reviewer (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 10, 2018
Working at ISN provided me with flexibility to complete assignments on my own time. The down side is that the workload/hours are not guaranteed. This means that there would be days that I have no assignments. Therefore, this is not a source of income to depend on. It is great for a side job
Pros
pay, flexibility
Cons
no guaranteed hours
No Hours
Contract Agent under age purchaser (Current Employee) –  AnnonymousJanuary 2, 2018
Tried and tried love the job but it took over 2 months to start communication is horrible. Completely disorganized and unprofessional. Would work as much as they would give and was promised unlimited hours. Only received maybe 8 per 2 week pay period. Can Go weeks without inspections.
Pros
Unique work for teen
Cons
Management and organization
Not a good experience
Novad Management Consulting (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 27, 2017
I would not have switched companies if I had known more about ISN earlier. I was hired for a specific job, then switched to a job that I had no experience or knowledge.
Pros
Nice office
Cons
Management was inexperienced.