Isobar

Isobar Employee Reviews

United States15 reviews
Great people to work with, excellent clients and culture is one to be admired but going through a leadership transition right now so things are a little unsettled.
I was an intern at Isobar's Detroit office. They paid very well for an internship, and it was a fantastic working environment. One of the coolest offices that I have ever worked in.
Isobar has a great atmosphere to work in with tons of great people. Fun culture with plenty of work-life balance. In the center of Campus Martius in downtown Detroit, so there is always something going on.
My day changed everyday but mostly I dealt with onboarding training. Management was poor and organization was all over the place. There was no communication and when handed a task without being told what to do (which normally I can figure out) this needed to be done a specific way but there was no one to tell me how it should be done exactly and correctly.
Cons
Poor Management
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
You are given a chance to work on projects that people actually use. There are challenges everyday and it helps you improve on the job that you do. There are opportunities to learn as you have ways to connect with employees from different offices around the world.
Isobar was a great learning environment.I was able to learn about how accounting was done in the real world. I was given the opportunity to learn how companies work by analyzing work in process charts.
Isobar is a great place to work. It is well organized and the management works hard to make it a fair place. It is an agency so basically it carry's the pro's and con's of a atypical agency. As an agency it is probably the best agency to work at in my opinion.

In the end your experience will be tied to the client you get. So the good news is, for the most part this will be a temporary thing if things are not ideal.
Lack of career advancement, poor communication within management (no training provided, a culture of "learn by your mistakes", disheartening environment), lack of female or diverse leadership, poor culture.
It's rare to work with people that you admire, and I really admired the people I worked with at Isobar. They were intelligent and talented. I learned SO much about how Digital agencies work, and so much about this industry in general, working with them.
Pros
The fully stocked kitchen
Cons
They never truly took advantage of my skill set
Isobar is a great company. The management structure was weak for awhile, but I think that's been addressed in more recent months.
Pros
great work/life balance
Cons
lack of leadership
Isobar is a great company with smart, kind people and a great work life balance. Little opportunity for growth and development for Visual Designers. Creative work is sparse and is primarily production which can last for 1 year+.
Great company, young, innovative atmosphere
fun place to work for

Young, talented and extremely creative people

The company is expanding very fast, lots of new faces every week.
Pros
bagel fridays :)
Cons
• Colleagues are talented, accounts are interesting
• The Creative Team and the company is growing

• The tech and UX teams are very impressive
Some times you had to weak up at 2am in the morning. But you can not get the right salary.
While on Co-Op in an IsoBar, I had the chance to work in a agile environment and I was also one the three members who created a facebook application for United States Olympic Committee.During my brief stint there I also had the chance to work on designing the initial database for the application.I have also written testscripts using JUnits and TestNG and also automated the testing across the organization using Jenkins and provided Sonar analysis for the projects. I also worked on generating Jasper reports for the applications.