iSoftStone logo
iSoftStone

iSoftStone Employee Reviews

It's just a little extra money sometimes

This isn't a place you would even consider for a PT job. The assignments are very sporadic and very short. You would be lucky to make $100 in a month, depending on what project you get.

Pros

Can be done in spare time

Cons

Very little income

I Would Work With Them Again

I came in and did a contract, starting at the Kirkland location (and then remote because of COVID-19). The start/end dates were fixed and clear. The company paid on time. I was able to come in and do my job without anyone getting in my way. Management made sure I had everything I needed and we were able to work through all project issues. The people I worked with were really nice. We delivered ahead of time and under budget. I've worked a lot of places and really enjoyed working with the folks here.

They don't hold true to the contract

I have really enjoyed the flexibility and the opportunity to earn extra money from home. However I have a project manager that 1st gave us her wrong email address, and never responds to any emails at the new address either. They will send out videos to help explain issues but you never know if they actually did receive yours. Plus I have been doing this for over a month and had to been paid. And in January they sent an email stating that everyone would be getting December pay soon., that was the middle of January..so I am a little concerned I did free work.

Pros

Able to do from anywhere, easy to pick up

Cons

No response from management, and no pay. Don't hold true to contract of being paid in 7-10 days from invoice.

ok

the company work life is good. you really need to do your job to the best and highest form of expectation that needs to be met. Overall a good company to work for

Pros

ok

Cons

ok

Remote

Worked remotely as an IT consultant. Was let go when the company made a change in strategic direction. I understood the change, but in letting me go the VP Sales said my most recent project lost money, when it fact it made about a half million. Don't know if she is stupid or just didn't care, but I don't like someone misrepresenting my work. Kind of sleazy.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Poor communication

To say this company has poor communication would be an understatement. I was given work the first month and have been given basically no work in the following months with no real explanation as to why. I had to reach out to management and was told that basically the program I was on was focusing on another language right now but that there might be work in the future. Very disappointing!

Not recommended

Not recommended for anyone who is looking for a good contracting agency. Bad health benefits and work culture. I recommend Aquent over this isoftstone.

Mostly great

I enjoy working here and recommend working for them if you like consulting. Great employee and HR are active within all teams. There is not perks but that is what makes it mostly great.

Great for what I needed

I love that iSoftstone is pretty much remote. They have plenty of projects going on so if you get with one, then it is a good chance you can get on another. The pay is relatively low and there are no benefits. The interviewing process is quick and painless. The downside is you have to take a test and qualify for each project no matter if you have done it before. The training is on your own pace. it is difficult sometimes to get a response from project managers by email.

Avoid

There are some nice people working here, but there also are a lot of shallow, arrogant, opportunistic people as well. I was literally hired to be harassed and humiliated based on my perceived LGBT status, and as revenge for setbacks other people had experienced for treating me that way. In reality I have always been celibate, and this company seems to have created its own alternate reality.

Pros

Kirkland office has a good location with a nice view

Cons

Shallow, opportunistic coworkers

Productive place with great exposure

Great team with exciting projects in the retail industry. I was able to experience a great amount of world class exposure on several projects that quickly augmented my career.

Pros

Supply chain diversity

Cons

high turnover

Good folks

The company operates in a very dynamic space. I'd say their strength is in software project management, SharePoint and BI. There are many skilled and smart folks at isoftstone.

Pretty good

It's a good company. I started as an intern. Slow paced but you can go fast paced if you want. There are lots of opportunities you can learn from. Big consulting company too.

Fun

Not a job to make a career of but insanely flexible and easy to manage for extra income. I recently had a child and needed a job just like this to make some money without detracting from my child. You can virtually work whenever and you get the money you put the work in for. There is not always the jobs you prefer available though.

Pros

Flexible schedule, you feel like your own manager

Cons

No job advancement, no stable income

nice company to work for

as senior financial analyst, complete and process of month-end close processes, including preparation of Journal Entries, account reconciliations, analysis of general ledger balance reconciliations and accruals. Support and prepare quarterly and year end reports for external audits, including SOX audits using GAAP practices. Review consolidated financial information, analysis the variance and verify balances are correct.

Beautiful workplace with great view

Facing Lake Washington directly, people are fun here, work hard and play hard. Flexible working time and work life balance is good. Happy hours for free drink every month!

An excellent work environment

This place has been one of my favorite agencies to work for. The people are friendly, approachable, and seeming happy with the work environment. My team was solid. Smart and easy going folks you would enjoy getting a beer with after work.

Flexible schedule

This company encourages working from home. It has enabled me to earn a living from home and provides ample work. I work on a contract basis and have the freedom to take time off.

Independent contractors Beware!

Do NOT work here as a small task independent contractor/ crowdsourcing. They will NOT pay you for your hard work! They also do not respond to your emails.

Overall A Top Consulting Firm

My work experience with ISoftStone was very professional but fun. There was plenty of work/life balance and all colleagues were very supportive of one another. I enjoyed my experience with the firm and still remain friends with many former colleagues.

They've been good to me

I've been with this company for several years and I don't have any real complaints. They have an espresso machine, sodas, beers, a ping pong table, grills, and everyone is pretty laid back. Also, the company has been very good about reimbursing for training. Can't beat that!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at iSoftStone. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
5.0Personal Development
5.0Career Opportunities
5.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare iSoftStone with

• iSoftStone
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?