ISS Facility Services Holding GmbH Employee Reviews

Found 705 reviews matching the search See all 3,537 reviews
Steady work
Machine Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 12, 2018
ISS Facility Services is not a bad place to work, but I felt like there was not really room for advancement . Seeing as how I was in direct contact with the USA Director of Operations and three senior account managers, I was pretty much sitting at the top of where I was. My fellow co-worker was still getting paid the same amount after three years with the company. Unless I wanted to go back to college and finish my IT degree and start a Business Management program, I was stuck where I was at my salary
Pros
Steady work
Cons
No advancement opportunity
Poductive and laid back enviroment but do belive in getting the job done
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 9, 2018
Iss is a great place to work for . The staff has always been amazing, understanding,thoughtful and shows a lot of respect for you and the whole team.
Pros
A lot of love especially on the holidays and much support if needed
No Advancement
Janitorial Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 5, 2018
Managing People
Customer needs
Communication is the key from all parties to ensure all customers needs are met .
Getting replacement equipment ASAP
Enter acting with the customer
Cons
Not a good place to work
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte nc cascade blvdNovember 3, 2018
The supervisor frances is nasty she always complains even when you are doing good and stepanie is prejudice she really could careless for her workers.
Pros
No free lunch you had to pay for everythinf
Cons
Had a hour break and one 15 minute break
Run!
DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 1, 2018
ISS North America is nothing like the ISS in other countries. The margins on facility services outside the US are double digits. They are single digits in the US. Cope-in-hagen tries to run the US like it does the rest of the world. It just doesn't work. As a result, you end up with unreasonable demands, terrible decisions and a culture that breeds back stabbing and distrust. ISS closed up shop and left North America once before. I would not put it past them to do it again. Candidate beware!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list here
Productive and fun workplace working with ISS facility service
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 31, 2018
I would typically start the day off with clocking in to my shift then I would wait for instruction so after I get my instruction I would get my machine and start my work calls I was working for the Utah Salt Lake City National Airport and I clean the airport out restrooms buff the floors clean off mirrors change the liners and trash I just make sure that the job was done and that the manager or shift leader that was on that shift today make sure that the work was done correctly. What I learned is how airports are clean at night. The management there was awesome they always made sure that I knew what I was doing and if I ever needed help to ask. The culture of the workplace at the airport with ISS was great Fair people new how to do their job very friendly. The hardest thing working there with working with the ISS nothing great I loved it. The most enjoyable part of a working with ISS was the benefits of the discounts you get.
Security Officer
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 31, 2018
Driving company van to report any suspicious and unusual behavior. The tour consisted of driving around various parking lots of several department stores. The van must be moving at all times.

I did not learn much except to keep the vehicle moving.

Management sucked, I only met the managers once, I saw supervisor when there was a problem with the van or related to work.

The culture was various ethnic backgrounds, black, Spanish, old and young working.

Hardest part for me was working alone, I was use to working with people.

The best part was helping the homeless, providing information to get out of the cold. A sense of helping them felt great.
Pros
No one watching over you
Cons
Short 15 minute breaks
Work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIOctober 29, 2018
Horrible place to work confront a boss or a supervisor in the next day you get fired .yeah that's real professional and especially . Terrible terrible
Pros
Nope
Cons
Oo
Got to work while a football game was going on.
manager, laber-custodine (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 27, 2018
I was cleaning the football stadium, the basketball collision, and concerts, before, during, and after all the games. After I worked there a while, I was offered a position for management. I accepted the position and started teaching people how to do the job in an different way so that they had a routine that helped them remember everything they needed to do with exceptions for times of other situations interrupting them. I love the work, but the hardest part of the job was the long hours I worked before, during, and after the games. The best park was knowing that my job was making sure that people could enjoy the games and concerts in a really clean environment. All my managers where great and really helpful. When we where in need of help they even helped us clean and that says a lot about them because most managers don't take time to do that.
Pros
Getting to see games and concerts and autographs.
Too much work. No time.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXOctober 27, 2018
Too much work to accomplish in such a short amount of time. Not enough pay. The only pro for this job is that there are night shifts available. It's great if you need a side job.
Be a temp forever at ISS.
Maintenance tech. (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78232October 27, 2018
I thought very highly of my immediate supervisor. But the company could not ever realize my skills as they would hire expensive contractors to do jobs I could easily do with the right resources for a fifth of the price! they were scared of their own shadow... and would always ignore my recommendations and tie their hands feeling that anything more complicated than a changing a lightswitch required a contracted production, or a licensed engineer! But the worst thing is that the whole company worked on contract. there was little chance of long term employment unless you're a janitor. and the environment was that you were always a second class citizen at these worksites. and could be canned by anyone who felt you looked at them wrong! with no recourse. senority was a joke!
Pros
none!
Cons
no advancement, too easy, Idiot managment scared of their own shadow!
I work with an excellent team of coworkers.
Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSOctober 26, 2018
I work for ISS at Helping Hands Humane Society. I am assigned to cleaning the cats area which I am allergic to. I like the company real well and really don't want to leave.
Pros
I like working with dogs.
Cons
Cats. I am allergic to them.
Terrible Place avoid It
Janitoral (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOOctober 25, 2018
Have three different leads all they did was drive around and a truck all night long, no one wanted to do anything except sleep, if the leads had to clean the
because somebody called in or quit they all bitched. Too many games being played with present staff
Pros
Glad the week was over
Cons
Low Pay
Productive like cleaning and stuff...
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 23, 2018
I so much liked the way we all joined hands in harmony and decided to clean after ever game. The Diamondbacks are such a great team to work for as in the after-math.. lol.. Thanks again.
Pros
Free lunches
Stay away
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 23, 2018
By far the worst facility management company. No adherence to policies. does not care for the client. workers way underpaid. Benefits are offered at extremely high costs.
Stressful work place
Aviation Protetion Officer (Current Employee) –  QueenslandOctober 22, 2018
If I start at 1400 within the first hour you are sent on your first break for 20 minutes lunch room is a good 5 minute walk ( if you can walk fast ) then your next break might not come for another 3 to 4 hours or too early within the next 2 hours of your last break on an 8 hour shift.

I have learnt how to do the meal sheet and relief team leader. Hardest part of the job is not telling people off and management with their lack of support and interest.

The most enjoyable part of work is the different cultures, some of the people you work with are awesome, keep your friends close and your enermies even closer. Meeting and greeting the passengers the nice ones not all passengers are friendly.

Management nice to your face and wanting to help but are totally different when your one on one with them.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Short breaks, Inconsistancies.
Inventory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 17, 2018
Every one is friendly and know all the empley for long term. Is busy work and always moving. Taking care of order for customer. Making sure everything is done I time.
It is Very interesting to learn about Bridges and operations
Bridge Tender (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 11, 2018
This is a work place like no other that I have worked for!
This Company lacks some things that are vital to happy employee's.
I have a lot of fun working with almost every co-worker at this company.
I enjoy the work hours...

I wish we had a better way to get into the Tender House.

I've never met the CEO, or any other top employer's...
Pros
It pays
Cons
unknown ship arrivals
Fun place to work, especially if you love aviation industry
Cabin Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 11, 2018
Love to work at the airport since I love airplanes and aviation industry in general. I get to meet a lot of people and interacting with them and getting to know them is really nice
muchas horas de noche
Maintainence technician (Current Employee) –  torre cepsa,madridOctober 9, 2018
sueldos muy bajos,muchas horas de noche ,no todos los compañeros mismos horarios
Pros
trabajo llevadero
Cons
poco sueldo, muchas horas de noche

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ISS Facility Services Holding GmbH. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K