IST Management Services
Happiness rating is 50 out of 100

IST Management Services Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Easy work but some things could be better when it comes to the type of contracts they have also they wont let you go a minute over 8 hours per day without complaining
Pay less than what your worth, anyone can become a manager (literally a cat) high turn over and favoritism. Company lacks empathy and would rather you die at work from being sick than to take off
Cons
No career advancement after one year of being with IST. Poor management that did not engage with their team whatsoever. Work load was not evenly distributed amongst team members.
You never know when you will be terminated or for what reason. This company hires from other facilities companies, keeps the employee for a short time and than fires them for made up reasons. Stay clear and be safe in your employment.
IST is a great company to work for. My time there was very productive and positive. However moving up in the company can be a bit of a challenge as well as receiving pay raises.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
My review of IST is that they are a well balanced and diverse company. They allow individuals to be placed in corporate settings to develop interpersonal and customer service skills through growth. Being in the outsourcing industry is a great way to advance and move up in this fast pace world. The hardest part of the job is not having enough time in the day to complete tasks. The most enjoyable part is comraderie and professional relationships needed to advance.
Pros
Good work schedule, great management
Cons
Not enough time
Don't work here unless you're a student looking for experience in mailroom, hospitalities, or copy center work. This is a bad deal for you otherwise. Allow me to air all my grievances. The typical workday: pretty standard for most of the jobs mentioned above. Keep in mind that advancement is a lie, as they'll farm out all promotion potential to other entrants. The company wants you to work in that entry level position as long as they are able to keep you, which helps explain their high turnover rate. The pay: for a typical service agent, you are working at a couple dollars higher than minimum wage. That's how it is, and that's how it stays. The end of year performance reviews bump up your salary by pennies on the dollar, if that. My coworkers complain about finishing the review and getting nothing, due to "it not being in the budget." That is unbelievable, considering the price these contracts are agreed upon. Promotions are anemic, if they do happen; managers make only a couple dollars more than a service agent. Benefits and time off: ABYSMAL. The benefits programs they do have are priced too highly. Do not get insurance through the company. On another note; vacation time, sick days, and days off are merged into "paid time off," where you accrue one day after a month. Please, unless it is absolutely necessary, don't take a job with this company. There are details I can't embellish, so please trust me when I say that they don't deserve your work.
Pros
Offers full time work
Cons
Bad benefits, almost no advancement, poor pay, meager managers, and expendability.
Depending on where you are placed it can be a positive work experience. If you are an on call star you don't really know when or where you're working until you get a call similar to a temp agency.
Pros
great place for growth
Cons
not garunteed work
It was very professional and fun. The workers were very fun and outgoing. Alot of team work that happened which was good. Everything around was clean and satisfying.
Management is not understanding. Do not have enough staff. Staff hired are lazy. Management seem to not care about employees.
Hard work for low pay. proper tools are not provided and once requested they take weeks to arrive if they arrive at all. expectations are never properly set. Poor communication
This job was great, I had a lot of fun and I learned a lot about the work place. I loved being able to put my knowledge to use and give my input about certain policies. I had no issues with this job. My manages Frank Ortiz and Ross Columb were great mentors to me, If I had the opportunity I would go back in a heartbeat. A typical day at work was sitting at my desk organizing things for the office ( paper work conferences ) answering phones and being friendly to guests in our office it was a tedious job and the wrk load was huge but that's exactly what I need. It was never boring.
Typical day consist of driving the company issued vehicle to at least 3 sites a day. I stock kitchens, set conference rooms for Meetings, complete mail drops and service damaged or malfunctioning equipment including but not limited to Telecommunication equipment such as phones, computers, tables and desks. Management is not on site. I communicate with the management team through Outlook email. I work alone but I answer service request in person to the representative at each location. The hardest part of my job is dealing with traffic going from location to location. The easiest part of my job is repairing damaged equipment.
Pros
Great work environment, Friendly people, Driving
Cons
Poor pay