IST Management Services Employee Reviews

N/a
Data entry & management (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAFebruary 20, 2019
Good company great co-worker but the pay is too low given the amount of work. Hours are good management is very helpful and understanding. Lunch is only half an hour.
Where should I begin....
Hospitality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 31, 2019
I have been with the company for too long !

1.) Outsourcing company

2.) I have been harassed by the client employees and IST did nothing ... HR is a joke!

3.) My job position changed after I came back from maternity leave and I was never notified! went from doing hospitality for 2 years to working in the mail room .

4.) was called Insubordinate because I refused to learn how to work a machine and work on timely confidential material that I had no prior training on .

5.) Management doesn't train will put that responsibility off on other employees . Well , I had to train my manager on my tasks in hospitality because he had no prior training himself !

6.) People do not stay at this company long! 2 years MAX

7.) Raise? ... the only decent raise I got was when I raised up out of there! but during my review they were very generous to give me
$ .15 (cents) . Other people only got $.05 ( so I should feel honored)

8.) Nobody gets paid the same for doing the same work! your coworker could be doing the same amount of work and get paid higher or lower. Experience isn't a factor !

9.) Work you into the ground... NO employee incentives !

10.) No growth ! in nothing position or pay!

11.) You pay for parking

12.) you get 8 hours PTO every month!
Pros
you got your paycheck on time
Cons
everything look elsewhere
Not productive
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 24, 2019
Everything was just work. Sometimes not all the time . The management needs to lead us to management ladder so we can find or have a better pay and benefits .
Pros
You sometimes have prizes or request of doing a good job for the clients
Cons
We have free lunch from the management for doing outstanding job for meeting the the customers needs
On call
On call office associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2019
The only down part about being an on call office associate is the on call part. They will try to give you an advance notice they need you but if one if there main workers call off an hour before there shift was suppose to start, they will call you and ask you to cover them. Some managers depending on which one is over you will be upset if your not able to make it. But besides that the company and work is great. Its a great job if you are friendly outgoing and want to network. You will work so many different company’s and firms.
Pros
Networking, work environment
Cons
On call
Stay away from this awful company.
Site Specialist (Current Employee) –  CTDecember 26, 2018
I was hired by IST Management as a site specialist over a year ago. In that time my role here has changed considerably.

The hours I'm expected to work are far from the 8-5 they originally stated.

There has been virtually no training of any kind. (So that means no advancement.)

The benefits are a joke... 2900/yr deductible give me a break.
Non-matching 401K.... what is the point?

Upper management is totally indifferent to how the employees are doing. Unless there is a problem they simply do not care.

I was told that I had capped out in my position. Don't see how as I make what I did on my first day...

All in all your experience with this company will vary depending on what site they send you to, but unless one of those clients ends up hiring you there are no advancement opportunities here.

Don't waste your time with them, they will likely hire you after speaking to you twice but you would be a fool to except a position.

They prey on kids out of high school and recent college grads. Beware of this predatory/deceptive company.

I'm still here but not for long.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Literally Everything.
Horrible company
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 25, 2018
This agency is horrible please don’t waste your time ! You can’t progress ... this is a job for older people with nothing else to do. This company is so low budget and horrible I regret this job and won’t ever mentio their name to anybody. Horrible mangers , horrible locations , horrible people . I still work for this company , stay as far away so as you can
Poor Workplace and Experience and Very Unprofessional
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 19, 2018
If you are smart and talented please avoid working with IST Management. They say one thing and do another. If you are customer focused and are passionate and love what you do then don't work for them. The passion they are promoting is not defined and its all a deceptions.

The site staff was terrorized so they just replace the damaged people and with the new staff and on and on so solutions and no directions. Invasion of the Body Snatchers and its your body being snatched btw.

Its a pass the buck culture and not salary but blame and on and on. Cussing is the standard of Regional Ops Managers and above.
They like to shoot first and ask the questions later culture. Worst of the Worst that I have ever seen or experienced.

AVOID at all Costs.
Pros
Dont Apply
Cons
The Fact that You did Apply
Another day, another dollar.
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 6, 2018
This job is for someone straight out of high school for a year or two stay any longer and it is definitely not for you anymore. No room for advancement and the pay is very sub par.
Pros
Easy going, really lax, security.
Cons
Bad hours for some, Very low pay.
Great entry-level company that offers variety
Service Specialist/Assistant Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2018
On a typical day I would sort incoming mail. Process incoming packages from FedEx, UPS, DHL, and couriers. Once everything is processed and sorted, we then deliver to corporate team members.
Good Place to work
Facilities Coordinator / Office Services Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2018
If you have the right attitude you can learn and progress really quickly. They have a lot of checks and balances to help you succeed. Definitely recommend to anyone who wants to learn and grow.
This company only cares for what benefits them.
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2018
The management is terrible. They treat their employees they way they want and give you hours when they feel like it then hire new employees Make you train them and give them your hours.
Pros
Some employees were kind
Cons
Management has no idea how to run a business
Good management
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 25, 2018
*Administrative procedures /calendar management.*Inventory management/distribution and budget analysis.*Office equipment maintenance/repair and implementation.*Customer Service/Customer Care Relations. *Logistics and process analysis.
Can be great
SITE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 25, 2018
If you want to work the same for a long time and require repetition in your everyday work, this is the perfect job for you. It can afford you to work with some great people and companies. Yet at the same time give you limited advancement, salary and growth.
Terrible experience
File Specialist/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2018
I have nothing wonderful to say about IST, the only thing I would add is that being apart of IST was at a law firm which helped me have the vision to finish my career which I was around in the environment of my career choice.
Sales driven and stabbing in the back by top management
Senior Implementation Manager (Project Manager) (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDSeptember 6, 2018
You never know when you will be terminated or for what reason. This company hires from other facilities companies, keeps the employee for a short time and than fires them for made up reasons.

Stay clear and be safe in your employment.
Fastfood service in a business environment
Office Services Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 4, 2018
IST Management services treats there employees as if they are disposable and they offer no incentive to work harder and they do not make it environment that is good for employees in the middle of there career. This is a place for either retirees who have no job contacts who can assist them in networking or young people with no job experience who have to take it or leave it.
Pros
you dont work weekends
Cons
your paid time off is also your sick days.
Don't do it
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 31, 2018
Lack of training causes no promotion or basically over looked for other opportunities within the company. No work/life balance. This is best for a high school student with no bills to pay.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
pay rate extremely lower than market rates, lack of training, overlooked for promotions. Employees are underpaid and not valued
It was a job
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 28, 2018
IST was just a job, The clients we worked with were great, however the tasks we had to do were a lot. Got paid less than fast food workings while working in an office.
Pros
Meet nice people
Cons
Really low pay
Working at IST Management
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2018
In my opinion IST Management is a great job for someone who is retired or for a college student. There benefits are too expensive. There pay is not well compensated.
Pros
The pros of this company is that the management is great.
Cons
The pay is not very good.
Great place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 22, 2018
I love the people and what I do. Not to challenging but everyone works hard. Very helpful and well organized area. Great location easy access to bus and train which helps a lot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IST Management Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight