IST Management Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Learned a lot
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 6, 2018
Over all IST wasn't terrible. But they did not pay us as much as we deserved. Even after taking on more responsiblities they should have been taken care of by a manager or assistant manager.
Avoid
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 30, 2018
The Management is a joke, they never do what is best for their people, only their pocket books. The pay is well below what they say it is, the benefits are a joke. They don't do things above board.
Pros
may get a great site
Cons
everything about the company
productive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 30, 2018
people skills
costumer services
learned a lot
worked with amazing people
hard times sometimes stressful
normal days sometimes very busy
dealing with lawyers are the documents sometimes afraid to mess it up but always had the managers always there to help
Pros
lunches
Cons
short breaks
Laid Back and relaxing
Legal Clerk Triage Supervisor Workers Compensation (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 25, 2018
Not very Strict, really understanding and works well with schooling provide paid lunches every now and then
typing or opening mails and returning faxes
Good Company with limited advancement potential
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  KansasJuly 16, 2018
I started work with IST in June of 2015 after coming out of retirement. The position of service specialist was available, which I accepted and was promoted eighteen months later when my site supervisor quit. I enjoyed the site supervisor position but was unable to continue work due a knee injury suffered outside of work. The site I was supervising required a lot of walking, stairs and heavy lifting which was not possible with my injury. I was able to return to work until after surgery and the company could not put me on short term leave due to FMLA guidelines for employees in the area. As a result I was terminated but given the option to re apply for a position after recovery. Unfortunately I will not be able to perform the duties required due to having to wear a permanent knee brace.
Productive and very demanding at times
Shipping Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 14, 2018
My work day was somewhat typical at times. I work late evening and
you always needed to be ready for whatever circumstance that may occur. I learned to work in different areas of mail services. The work culture was pretty laid back at times. It sometimes would be hard, depending up what I was packaging and it's time frame, but overall I enjoyed my job and the team I worked with.
Working Reception and Mailroom
Mailroom Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 13, 2018
working the reception area answering phone calls and other responsibilities are learning experiences but it should be relegated to an actual receptionist rather than working the area on half days.
the mailroom responsibilities are welcome experience and suitable to run for 2 people. the best part of the job is satisfying the customers needs and the one on one with our customers.
Pros
mailroom responsibiltiies and rapore with customers
Cons
limited work areas for a manager
Deceptive, Terrible Pay
Mailroom clerk (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 4, 2018
The job is advertised as more than what it is. You are pretty much a bottom rung mailroom worker. The pay is terrible - not nearly enough to survive. Very little room for raises or any upward mobility. Depending what company you are contracted under, the conditions vary greatly. They pretty much hire anyone who applies because they need bodies at the sites so quality of coworker can also vary. This company has a very high turnover rate. You'll settle in, but in 3 months you will be back on the job hunt
Its better then fast food
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 20, 2018
The pay is low for the quality of effort they expect you to maintain. Most of the clients are needy and ungrateful. Management is so stressed with the high turnover rate that they are caught in a cycle of having inexperience workers.
Pros
1 Free lunch every quarter
Cons
Poor benefits, pay, no upward mobility.
Fast-paced, engaging yet not paid enough
Regional Star Floater (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 17, 2018
As a floater, I'm given the opportunity to visit 4 sites between downtown Phoenix and the east valley. I've learned so much throughout my year and a half of with IST, about both mail functions and the legal aspects that come with being a lawyer or paralegal. It isn't a horrible job in relation to all the knowledge I've gained but it takes a toll on my expenses as I pay for gas about 2-3 times in one week's period and I feel that for all the driving I do, I should at least be paid more.
Pros
Hour lunches, new knowledge and experience, hands-on
Cons
Lots of driving, stress risk
If it's a good offer
Site Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 11, 2018
It's a good company if your in it to advance and become something, the only reason I left is another company won the contract and didn't get a sold offer to stay. The operational mangers need a down a earth veiw on how things are done but it's a decent company
Pros
good management
Cons
bad benifits
They don't heed our warnings
N/A (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJune 5, 2018
A lot of IST is really up to you and your relationship with your client. This can make or break the operation. The problem that IST often have is that they tend to ignore the warnings of their supervisors. It can be personnel related or situations like the client talking to other vendors. Also the health benefits are horrible but it appears to be making an improvement recently. How your acquire vacation time is sub par and you are at the mercy of your client who most times than not take more time off than holidays and end up hurting your wallet. Also we finally started to get actually paid holidays, its a plus but took them years to finally give us that. It's a good stepping stone but you will top off quickly in terms of advancement. By then its time to move on only because you cannot go any further.
Pros
autonomy given, easy to schedule vacation
Cons
poor health benefits, little advancement, very little pay increase
Great people to work with although Pay is too low
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 30, 2018
I would recommend this job to teenagers just graduating from high school. The pay is too low for the work that's put out. Benefits are great but cost an arm and a leg. The President seems very greedy to me. He's a nice man, but as long as he's good, he has nothing to worry about.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Poor pay
I'd keep looking if I were you.
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 15, 2018
A typical work day varies, it can be fast or super slow depending on the time of year I guess. Didn't learn much, wasn't taught much. I learned most of what I know in my current position for having taken initiative and not because someone took the time to show me. Management was okay until it changed. There are some things that just don't work but no need to go into detail. As far as the culture, I get along more with the clients that the coworkers. People act like they mean well but do all they can to hold you back. There no growth even when you express interest in doing so and they are not genuine. The hardest part of the job is having to work with people who could care less about you, your life and your growth within the company. I would say the most enjoyable is being able to have found at least one or two genuine people that have become friends. Outside of that, no bueno.
Pros
Team lunches every quarter when they can remember, the Blackman buck auction and the benefits for FT positions.
Cons
Pay, they want you to work a lot harder than what you are paid for, they are not truly an EOE and communication sucks.
Office Supervisor
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami Shores, FLMay 7, 2018
Mail, packages, comes into the mail room from USPS, DHL, FEDEX, UPS and Lasership. The mail and packages are processed, sorted and placed in there respected areas. Students upon receiving electronic notification picks up their packages from the package room. Mail is placed in the students mailboxes.
Great company to work for when needing to gain work experience.
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 1, 2018
IST is a great company to work for. My time there was very productive and positive. However moving up in the company can be a bit of a challenge as well as receiving pay raises.
Awful Management: No idea what was going on at all.
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  NJApril 18, 2018
Absolutely no opportunity for advancement. Poor Management. My manager didn't even know what my job entailed until a coworker quit and he was forced to find someone to cover. Never made 40 hours even though I was there more than 40 hrs a week. No one listened to complaints. Terrible pay and uneven - no one was making the same. Never been happier to have left a workplace in my life. Would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
Cool Office, Nice Coworkers
Cons
Terrible Management, Terrible Benefits, Pitiful Pay
Very good work atmosphere
Senior QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2018
1. Very good work atmosphere
2. No work pressure.
3. Manager handles pressure situations very smoothly.
4. Good team.
5 Only concern is have to pay 950 bucks for the family for healthcare.
Not the idea place for advancement , slow pace atmosphere
Lead Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 10, 2018
When joining this company, I knew it was going to be exciting at first then it was like drinking 5 hour energy. The feeling was there, and a big burst of meeting people learning new things. But then it wears off very fast and you are back to your way of feeling by your self.
Pros
lunch break, employees
Cons
Management, Interactive on certain subjects.
Wished I could be paid what I'm worth
Office Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 8, 2018
Decent place to work, salary across the board was low. Felt I should be paid more for doing more. Great manager, looking for something more to my level in terms of being paid what I feel I'm worth.
Pros
Long Lunch
Cons
Lower starting pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IST Management Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight