It's Just Lunch Employee Reviews

Independent and rewarding
Dating Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 16, 2018
I love my job at It's Just Lunch. The management team here provides excellent training and is very supportive. They are always available to answer your questions and help you succeed. If you like inside sales and helping people find love, this would be a great place to work. We can't promise love to our clients, but we can set them up for the best chances of success in their relationships. There is an opportunity for handsome compensation for those who are willing learn, be consistent, and work hard.
Pros
helping people find love, independent opportunity on how you structure your day
commission driven
Executive Matchmaker (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDMarch 13, 2018
love my manager- poor wages- inconsistent compensation. No stability long term. I was not able to make a decent base salary- I also lost commission on cancels even if it wasn't my fault
Great work culture
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLMarch 7, 2018
Happy to be in a team oriented environment. This is a new and exciting industry for me to work in (Sales/Matchmaking) so I look forward to my future here.
Pros
Culture/ Job Outlook
Cons
Traffic near by
Tense work environment
Dating Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2018
Your job will always be on the line. There is so much chaos and a lot of scamming clients and working overtime with terrible benefits. Just don’t waste your time unless you want to be a slave to the job.
Dishonest and deceitful
Dating coordinator and dating director (Former Employee) –  Hallandale Beach, FLJanuary 19, 2018
This company is a joke and constantly has a high turnover rate because people quit once they realize what the company is all about. They promote from within and there's favoritism. The workload is not worth the pay and the customers are lied to on a daily basis. Management plays favorites and is rude constantly making jokes about customers and they don't care about you as a person. I had to leave and wish I left sooner and didn't waste so long there.
Cons
Management plays favoritism, you are encouraged to lie to customers, the pay is insulting
Cool place to work
Private Search Dating Director (Former Employee) –  Hallandale Beach, FLDecember 28, 2017
I actually wish I had the chance to work for IJL again. The only problem was false expectations and being held responsible for things you have no power over. Other than that the place was nice to be at.
Back end issues with memberships
DATING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 27, 2017
I was not pleased with the service that was provided to the clients I sold. It is hard to sell something if you cannot believe in the system that is behind it.
Best career ever
Director (Former Employee) –  WINovember 9, 2017
I absolutely loved It's Just Lunch. It was rewarding to match people and sell and make amazing money doing it. However, I had no work life balance at all.
Not great
Dating Director (Former Employee) –  Hallandale Beach, FLOctober 19, 2017
The company does not value their employees in regards to compensation in relation to workload. The company does not inspire morale. On the plus side you are not micromanaged and they have a generous bonus structure if you meet certain requirements. However the regular pay is disappointing. There is no room for advancement at all employees are expected to reach outrageous expectations without the resources to do so. You also have to work for your pto and it is laughably small. However another positive is that the company offers competitive benefits from health care to very inexpensive, but excellent dental plan. Ultimately this should be stopgap employment and nothing more. They do not value any employees and you should not plan on staying here longer than a year for your benefit.
Pros
Bonus structure, the benefits
Dating Professionals
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXAugust 17, 2017
Semi professional office with supportive staff. Aggressive sales environment of singles looking for dating options. Located in Addison in a clean office environment
Its never a job if you love what you do!
Dating Specialist (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJuly 6, 2017
I absolutely LOVE being a part of the IJL family. I have only been with the company for 9mths but have been able to take my sales skills to extraordinary levels. The training and mentoring by management is outstanding. The positive encouragement given daily helps everyone succeed, those who really want to hit HUGE goals financially and personally this is the place to work. Changing the lives of our clients everyday brings me such joy and gratitude and I love being rewarded for all of my effort monetarily. This is my forever career. I literally have my own business in a corporate environment, it is the most amazing opportunity ever!!
Pros
Excellent training, compensation, very supportive management
IJL Work Place
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hallandale Beach, FLJune 15, 2017
Family oriented work environment, great open door policy. Can be stressful and exciting all at the same time. Can also be very rewarding if help people with there love life is what you are good at.
June 22, 2017

Working with clients to help them with their dating life is what makes working at It’s Just Lunch so unique. We are happy to hear that you find it so exciting and rewarding. Thanks for sharing!

Not good
Coordinator/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  wisconsinMay 23, 2017
The business has many questionable practices, making it difficult to maintain a good moral compass.The culture is all about bringing in money, at whatever cost.
June 5, 2017

While any business needs processes in place to successfully operate, we do not jeopardize the principles of our team members with those processes. We have an open-door policy that provides the opportunity for staff to voice feedback at all times. If you were an employee in the Milwaukee office, we welcome you to contact the office directly to discuss any concerns so we are able to address them.

"Lucky to work for such a great company!"
Sr. Private Search Dating Director (Current Employee) –  Hallandale Beach, FLMay 1, 2017
A typical day at work would include finding love for our clients and getting to know our new clients. Listening is key in this position.
You learn to take one thing at a time, and just keep on going.
The atmosphere is great. Bonus structure makes it even better! Hard work will get you there. We strive to make people happy.The most enjoyable part of the day is hearing another success story! Can't get better than that!
The hardest part of the job is that there is a lot of work, and you are always busy.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you hear another success story.
The management is great and always open to listening to new ideas. Open door policy in place.. CEO is fantastic, VP of Operations is always there for you.
Fantastic workplace culture.
Again... Lucky to work for such a great company!
Pros
Very rewarding. You make differences in peoples lives.
Cons
You must be diligent.You have to accomplish alot of things in a day. Multitasking is a must!
May 11, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to outline what’s so rewarding about working at It’s Just Lunch. It is definitely a fast paced environment and there is never a dull moment, but hearing those success stories makes it all worth it!

Horrible! Avoid this scam place
Dating Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 19, 2017
They start you out at minimum wage of 8.50 an hr for training and until you make a sale.... Then they will bump you to 16.87 + commission. Yet, they forget to tell you that their membership costs 2800-4500 per member. You will have to call thru old leads while the manager gets all the new web leads and makes 2 sales a week? It's completely discouraging to any right minded person. If you want to call over 200 plus calls a day and get ahold of nobody because the leads are just that old, then this is the job for you. Do not think or trust the recruiter who is fabulous at sugar coating this company. I ran right when I started to realize that something was very off. They literally have no normal sales people just new hires and managers. Just run away and go to the next job ad people.
Pros
Cons
managers are the real and only sales people
May 11, 2017

We’re sorry that the position wasn’t a good fit for you; it isn’t the best fit for everyone. That being said, we are lucky enough to have many successful Dating Specialists who find the position both lucrative and rewarding. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and wish you all the best.

Poorly Managed
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2017
Terrible company! The hours were ridiculous and management would degrade you. The management was not encouraging or respectful. I would not recommend this company.
June 5, 2017

This position can initially require some extended hours while you’re learning the ins-and-outs of talking to potential clients about the unique service we provide, however, majority of people love the work/life balance that accompanies their subsequent success in the role. We thank you for the feedback and we wish you all the best in the future!

Interesting concept: business owners best fit
Sales Director Columbus, Ohio (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 5, 2017
this is a dynamic business and a person who understands the drive needed to run your own business would be best suited. There are a lot of freedoms in developing your business and growing your base.This is a 100% people business. Extroverts are a must!
May 11, 2017

We have a very diversified staff with all many different personality types who connect so well with our clients. We agree that having drive is very important to success! Thanks so much for the review.

Dream Job and wonderful team of employees
Branch/Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 13, 2017
What kind of job can you wake up and get excited to go to every day? This one! I've been in the dating industry over 20 years and have nothing to good things to say about this company. The great thing about this job is not only do we work with such an amazing team of employees all over the country, we are literally changing people's lives. It's so good to know that the calls I have made has turned into so many happy relationships and marriages. I'm so happy to have a great work/life balance, wonderful team, and the opportunity to be rewarded based on your merits. If you are money motivated, driven, good communicator, and really are looking for a fun job making amazing money then this is the job for you. Our whole management team here is always here to support our team members and I strive to motivate and help drive each of them to success.
Pros
Tons of support and encouragement, commission structure is set up for performers to be rewarded, and excitment knowing that you are helping singles.
Cons
Can't think of a cons. I love my job!
IJL is a great company to work for and I found MY forever job!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJanuary 23, 2017
I started with the company in November 2015 and in April 2016, I became branch manager. As a selling manager I lead by example and my team appreciates that and learns from me each and every day. I love what I do all day every day!!! I wouldn't have it any other way! IJL is such a great place to work, I truly love what I do and am lucky to be here!
Pros
Great work/life balance, supportive and awesome work environment!
Cons
None.
February 9, 2017

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with It's Just Lunch - we're so lucky to have such amazing managers!

I found my forever job!
Executive (Current Employee) –  Hallandale, FLJanuary 20, 2017
I have been working for IJL for several years and I can honestly say I found my forever job. The culture, IJL team, managers, and clients make this place such a fun place to work. Finding our clients their special someone is the most rewarding part of my job. I am so lucky to be apart of this team!!
Pros
fun environment, great support and training
Cons
Dating is still dating and can be emotional
February 9, 2017

And our clients are so lucky to have you! Thank you for sharing!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at It's Just Lunch. Our community is ready to answer.