ITA International, LLC Employee Reviews

Not employee friendly
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, VANovember 26, 2018
ITA is a company that decides who they like and generally would make sure those employees were taken care of. Advance not based on merit but how much you are liked.
Pros
Great employees in the field
Cons
management
Depends on who you are
Industrial Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, VANovember 5, 2018
The company is not all bad; my experience was bad. The job it's self was not challenging for me whatsoever and no one knew how to utilize my talents. You would be told how to do something one day and then get called to the carpet the next, only to be told "I never said to do that." Most people there were doing online college courses during work hours because no one knew what was truly going on. Every idea or example I had for doing things more efficiently were shot-down, only to later be used by my program manager as their own.

If you were enlisted in any other branch besides the Navy, good luck. The managers and officers of this company are unable to translate resume's that do not speak to their heavy naval background.

There are worse places to work, just do not trust upper-management or the HR department. The open-door policy is not there to help the employee, it's for the employer; don't trust anyone, period.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work atmosphere, Poor job descriptions, Good ole' boy system.
Enjoy going to the ship and help the Navy enforced requirements
MARMC Shipbuilding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Creek, VAOctober 31, 2018
Working with ITA is great. I really like my job, it put me back to my active duty days helping Sailors and ship. My working hours are divided between the ship where I spend the time checking on contractors and witnessing check point. The time spent in the office is answering Condition Found Report and planning and estimating cost of current and future jobs.
I was let go because of a lost contracts
Director, HSSEQ (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, VAJune 20, 2018
I was downsized on the day before Thanksgiving after being promised a raise (I hadn't received one in three years) the month before at my annual review.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Too many MBAs
Serving Those In the Arena
Senior Military Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 9, 2018
ITA is 100% dedicated to serving the service members In The Arena. ITA is a provider of integrated support services to include analysis, planning, training, acquisition management, cyber/ intelligence, engineering, logistics, and maritime support services to government, and non-governmental organizations and commercial customers worldwide.
Pros
Simply stated ITA is dedicated to Serving those whom Serve in the Arena.
Cons
As a contractor, upward internal mobility is limited.
Productive and great place to work
Production Controller (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 27, 2018
Job more suitable for people who are already retired, hours not stable. Good environment, fast paced. The constant need for hours make for certain people to gossip as a bridge to obtain more work from superiors
Contract work
Logistics Analyst/ Task Lead (Former Employee) –  Sneads Ferry, NCDecember 5, 2017
Great company to work for. This company took care of its employees and made sure that we were pleased with what we were doing for our job. The company was not out just for itself, they took care of every employee even at the lowest level. I would definitely work for them again in the future.
Lack of safety
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  LouisianaAugust 31, 2017
This job wasn't the best nor was it the worst that I have worked. The lack of safety and bonuses for proper safety records always bothered me. The don't supply any tools including a respirator.
Great place to work with great leaders and managers
Military Analyst/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 10, 2017
I have worked for ITA on two different occasions, and I have enjoyed both stints. I've been fortunate to work for great Program Managers who've cared about their employees and who've advocated a favorable Work/Life Balance. Although there is travel involved on the contract I'm on, the work has been rewarding. I will miss working here!
Pros
Great leaders and managers
Cons
Contract work must be re-bid every few years
Caring Company
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Yorktown, VAFebruary 23, 2017
Enjoyed working at ITA. The company cares about its employees. I was a PM and I had control, there was no micro management. My immediate supervisor was awesome.
Captain (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLDecember 19, 2016
Typical day at work included vessel maintenance, naval project support, and operations of naval project support crafts. The best part of the job was working with the great people at NSA Panama City.
Awesome Company
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 10, 2016
This company is one of the best to work for. The definitely care about the employees and will be a place to feel welcome. You will work with skilled Professionals on a daily bases. They will offer lots of training to make sure the field is well trained in all aspects of the industry. Owners are more than welcome to listen to all and any concerts you may have. Office staff is always there to help.
Cons
Great people and a great company
Analyst - Curriculum Developer (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, VAJanuary 16, 2015
• Developed curriculum in response to the national defense directive to establish a Maritime Civil Affairs component.
• As a military analyst I was placed on a project for the new Navy Command, Maritime Civil Affairs Group to develop and accredit a civil affairs training pipeline that would qualify the graduate for the Civil Affairs NEC.
• Using the Automated Instructional Management System (AIMS II), I developed 3 new courses that now make the up the training pipeline for Maritime Civil Affairs Generalists to attain the Civil Affairs NEC. The new command is under Naval Expeditionary Combat Command (NECC) and had the recent requirement for the NEC after direction was given from the Chief of Naval Operations.
Productive and get place to wook
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, VADecember 25, 2013
Great place to work. Feels like not just a workplace but like a family.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Traning
Private COmpany
Worked Here Once (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, VAMay 13, 2012
This company is private and small. You feel like a person and not a number. Everyone should work here.