italki
Happiness rating is 79 out of 100

italki Employee Reviews for Tutor

Tutor14 reviews

teachteacherstudenthourschedulepaytimepeople

Very nice place to make extra money

Italki is a great and fun place to teach people English , people are friendly and the pay is not bad , you choose your own hours and students book the lessons.

Pros

You choose your own hours

Cons

Not enough students

be your own boss, teach how you want

I really enjoy working at italki. I teach English to adult students all around the world. I can set my own hours and teach however I want and whatever I want. I do not have a boss telling me what to do. I only have to sell lessons to the students and there seems to be many students wanting to learn English, thanks to italki's marketing efforts. The website and app work well in scheduling lessons and collecting money. Italki fees are less than many other similar websites and you can charge whatever you want to charge. You can plan your own lessons or buy a curriculum and use it. I plan my own lessons, which takes time and was stressful at first before I figured out a system. You are pretty much on your own, without a boss or interaction with co-workers, but the students are very interesting to get to know. The only downside is it is hard to make enough money to live in the USA, and of course there are no benefits.

Pros

freedom to teach how and when you want, meet interesting students

Cons

pay

italki insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Supportive environment

Worked for over 2 years had been good for me

I was an Indonesian teacher for over 2 years, taught for nearly 1.000 lessons. It was an amazing experience to introduce the language and the culture of my own country to people from all around the world. Such an experience and I had good times to work with my schedule and had my freedom to choose timelines and holidays on my own.

Pros

Free to choose your own schedule and holidays, price based on the language demand.

Cons

No other benefits beside your rate.

Good if you need pocket money.

If you're an English community tutor you should only expect to make enough money for groceries. If you have a lot of experience teaching and have a TEFL certificate or a teaching credential, you can charge more. For the first week after onboarding, I had a lot of new lesson requests as iTalki promotes new tutors and teachers. Thereafter, lesson requests slow down a lot and I'm not sure what, if anything, can be done about that.

Pros

Allows the use of Zoom, Skype and the like. Set your own schedule and meet interesting people from around the world.

Cons

Very competitive in English tutoring, hard to get and keep new students unless you set very low rates for your lessons, iTalki Classroom platform unstable.

Great platform with flexibility to work when you like

This is a great platform for teachers, instructors, and tutors. You set your own pay and hours of availability. The learning and training resources they offer to students and instructors are great.

Pros

Set your own schedule and pay, teaching & learning resources

fun, diverse, exciting

italki opened my eyes to the world. I like that I can teach Arabic there effortlessly to students from all over the world and talk about language, culture, history, etc

Pros

online, fun, easy, convenient

Fun and Flexible job

This job allows you to fully manage your time and income. You can meet students from different background and ages and you area able to manage your schedule 100%.

An easy going and fun place to work. Work on own time.

I love the fact that I can make my own hours and I am in charge of my work life. I love meeting all the new people. The hardest part of this job is getting clients. Interaction and teaching are the most enjoyable parts of this job.

Buena pagina ofrece un excelente trabajo

Italki es una web impresionante donde podemos aprender y enseñar

fun productive job that expose you’ve to different cultures

nice working environment, good management, and really nice place to learn different cultures. can take much time away from your personal life, by they are flexible with time schedule

Pros

meeting different people

Cons

hard to balance personal to work life sometimes

My experience with italki

Summary: - An internet-base platform for teaching/learning languages. - It's a great tool for finding a tutor for your target language. - A typical lesson can run from 30 minutes to 90 minutes. - Students are encouraged to communicate with their teachers. - Feedback is important after each lesson to track progress

Pros

easy way to meet people around the globe

Cons

company commision is 15%

Great place to be your own boss

If you enjoy teaching English online to foreign peoples, then you will enjoy this. I managed my own schedule, and the schedules of my fellow workers, and worked my way to have more students.

Pros

Was my own boss

Cons

no benefits

You are in control of what you make.

Based on your qualifications of teaching your native language, you control how little or how much you make. You are an independent contractor who sets your own price and your own hours.

Pros

You set your own time and your salary

Cons

you have to market for yourself

Flexible company

Excellent company to connect learners and teachers in a non-threatening way. Hours are flexible and the pay is determined by teacher. Most enjoyable part is to connect with people from all over the world.

Pros

set your own schedule

Cons

indeterminate payday

Ask a question about working or interviewing at italki. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare italki with

Career recommendations for Tutor

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more

Learn about italki in popular locations

• italki