ITG Brands Employee Reviews

Decent job and decent pay
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCApril 22, 2019
This company is pretty awesome to work for. They pay decent do a 401k match and have health insurance available. They also have company paid life insurance with a supplemental insurance plan you can pay for as well. Short term and long term disability plans in various increments as well. Two weeks vacation after 6 months employment and health insurance after 90 days.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
Some employees act like they are in grade school
Do not waste your time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro North CarolinaMarch 13, 2019
Horrible place to work Management was horruft the top yovthr bottom. They had people in Management that didn’t have a clue.

It’s not about the work there
Horrible
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2019
Time here sucked!!!!!!!!!!

Bosses are horrible, products are killers, whats there to like here? Nothing, there is nothing to like here at all said the former employee.
Smells nothing but cigarettes all day
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 20, 2019
It had a strong smell of cigarettes, barley had overtime, and no benefits. The manager would ask you late in the week if you want to do overtime and that’s if he wants you to work over he mainly have his own crew to do overtime.
Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 14, 2019
Although I didn't rate all of the listed specifications, I was a contracted worker there with no benefits. Still it was a great place to work and a very professional environment.
Pros
Great opportunity once permanent employed
Cons
Only hire within the company
Inspector meander (Former Employee) –  Cordova, NCJanuary 2, 2019
Communicate more with the employees. Lack of professionalist as time went by the communication with employees was better. Even the security was better
Pros
Management was improving
Cons
Lack of communication
N/a
Order Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 27, 2018
A great company to work for. The people are more seasoned and the culture is pretty much old school. You maintain a positive attitude and a willingness to help others you will do great at this company.
I enjoy working there
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 5, 2018
Good people, great pay and benefits, would like to be call back to work. I learned a lot about tobacco processing, cleaning equipment and areas. Kronos data entry on a daily basic, waste accounting for daily find ways, methods to reduce loss.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, good environment all around
Cons
Company size correction from low production volume resulting in lay offs
Decent short-term job
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 12, 2018
Pretty slow-paced environment, but advancement is extremely hard to achieve. Rarely worked weekends, but I worked at least 10 hours per day yet only got paid for 8.
Pros
Rarely work weekends.
Cons
Salary gets paid a flat 40, regardless of how many hours you work.
Great benefits
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAJuly 22, 2018
I would have stayed to retire but with cuts throughout the company, I was one of the ones that got laid off. Great pay and benefits. My only other job was at Dan River and this company surpassed my expectations.
No comment.
Scientist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 30, 2018
The company continues to go through restructuring and the UK based parent company continues to sell off assets. Additional layoffs are possible in the near future and resources are spread thin, everyone is working 2 or 3 peoples jobs with no means to move up or receive higher compensation. If you enjoy working all day in a conference room with a team of 20 people then this place is for you.
Sales Rep
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 25, 2018
Drive in assigned territory each work day. Some territories can be very large and drive time can be substantial.

Meet new people/owners each day in territories. Employees have opportunity to move up the ladder within the company, if willing to relocate.

Good benefits.
Pros
Company Vehicle, Cell Phone, Laptop, Autonomy.
An extremely busy job with never ending changes and new products
Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 19, 2018
Setting a responsible route for the week, call on current accounts on a monthly basis along with signing new accounts. Selling in new items or adding current sku's of ours to their stock.
I learn how to deal with different personalities and scenarios everyday
The management and specifically my current division manager is fantastic and very approachable
The work culture is one where customer service and respect dominate and trump everything, even before sales
The hardest part of the job is probably being organized to my satisfaction, working out of a car creates somewhat of a challenge
The most enjoyable part of the job is engaging in a real conversation of the industry with my customers. When a customer of mine and I engage we can laugh and agree on so many things. I find we have a strong common ground. I give ideas and suggestions on how to sell items quickly or how to stage the store for better visibility which leads to higher sales
Pros
company car, excellent benefits
Cons
no room for advancement unless you are willing to relocate to another state
Working Environment
Analytical Chemist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 4, 2018
The work culture is diverse and collaborative between analysts. However, management needs more improvements in order to assimilate upcoming projects with current schedules. Schedules always have little to no structure and tangible deadlines. It is very hard to work when you have managements have no consideration into time management skills for analysts.
Pros
Cooperative
Cons
No job advancement, lack of time management, always changing deadlines
Slow paced with lots of smoking in the office
Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 1, 2018
The culture is very old school. Adapting to change is very difficult as most are set in their ways due to many long term employees. There are many good people there, however opportunities for growth are non existent. Many of the employees smoke in the building making it a little challenging for non smokers.
Benefits
Cons
Smoking in the office
Productive place of employment
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMarch 1, 2018
Fast paced but enjoyed my job. Loved working with my fellow co-workers. No such thing as a typical day. Work responsibilities changed on a daily basis.
Wonderful Work Enviroment
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHFebruary 22, 2018
I truely enjoyed working with the people there. Everyone was respectful and we all worked together as a team from Regional Office to Corporate. I always felt my efforts were greatly appreciated.
Excellent place to work.
Admin. Asst. II (Former Employee) –  Manlius, NYFebruary 15, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my job. My co-workers were a wonderful team of people. Team players. Above average management. Excellent working conditions. Superior training.
Rapidly changing culture
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAFebruary 12, 2018
This company has undergone a slue of industry changes; and all indications point to that trend continuing for the foreseeable future. Many of the philosophies and selling points that made the job a very desirable position are no longer incorporated with the evolving corporate management structure. Hopefully they can turn it around and find their niche.
Struggling to find itself
Corporate Employee (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 6, 2018
The pain of the 2015 RJ Reynolds/Lorillard buyout is still being felt. Years later, layoffs were still coming in waves.

Great staff, very friendly. However, people still seem stymied by a resistant 60's style workplace culture. For instance, a business-formal dress code was only recently changed to business-casual.

Pay and benefits were good.
HR experimented with modified "summer hours" last year: moving the day from 8:00am -5:00pm Monday through Friday to 7:30am - 5:30pm Monday through Thursday, and 7:30am -12:00pm on Fridays during the period between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Crippled by merger, scrambling to survive