Ithaca College Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
great
Sport Performance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJune 26, 2018
Headed Exercise Behavior Coach position
Support to individuals in their quest for changing their health behaviors
Working in a one-on-one setting providing individualized attention to help clients set and reach their goals by developing strategies and tools that work for each person
Targeting specific barriers, challenges, and daily stressors that stand in the way of a healthy lifestyle
Challenging yet rewarding work atmosphere
Night custodian (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJune 11, 2018
2nd shift custodial work at Ithaca College is a good job if you are determined to make an impact and to learn quickly. Not only do you clean buildings around Ithaca College campus but you are also in charge of learning how to wax floors, extract/ shampoo carpets and clean student apartments during the summers. For the most part, management is good at what they do and are always willing to assist in the learning process.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYMay 9, 2018
I really enjoyed working here because it taught me many skills of which I possess today. Everyone in the office is very helpful and although the work gets a little too much sometimes, its definitely worth it.
Multimedia Services Student Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYMay 9, 2018
I stayed in Ithaca and worked here over the summer. It was a different environment than when school is in session and was much more calm. We did inventory and it was very enjoyable and relaxing.
Great Service!
Student Aide (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYApril 30, 2018
Recording service does the highest quality work for the music school at Ithaca College. Everyone involved in the program is knowledgable, helpful and make it a fun place to work.
Good People
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYApril 26, 2018
The college has gone through much change over the past 5 years. The culture is changing, as well. Unfortunately, sometimes “shiny and new” will cause the good, faithful, dedicated employee to be overlooked (in terms of promotional opportunities). However, I believe new leadership at the executive level will help model the behavioral changes needed for the success of the organization and the satisfaction of the employee.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Supervisor Standardization and Training
One of my favorite jobs ever
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYApril 23, 2018
I loved working for ICTA as an office assistant. The hours were flexible and my manager was the sweetest, most patient and understanding boss ever. Perfect job for students and a great way to interact with new people coming in and out of the office every day. I learned a lot about the goings on in the theatre department.
You get what you put in
Director/Producer (Current Employee) –  Ithaca College, NYApril 17, 2018
If you apply yourself, it is easy to advance. It is easy to get brought down by all of the people who are there just to be there and say they did it, which is disappointing.
Good Job
Circulation Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYApril 6, 2018
Very willing to work around your schedule as a student and the staff is very friendly and helpful. If you ever can't make a shift there is an option to swap shifts with someone or have someone cover it easily.
Student Manager (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYMarch 31, 2018
Wonderful position for students at Ithaca College. This position allows its student workers to learn how to work in a more professional fast-paced environment.
Benefits are very costly (especially family coverage) Manager was not a good fit
Third-Shift Lead Facilities Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYMarch 23, 2018
The entire experience for me was not good. I worked the grave yard shift and really had no choice. Manager had a beef with every employee Would not re
I am a student here, I am acitvely involved around campus
Mock Trial Team Member (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYMarch 22, 2018
Getting yourself involved around here is a great way to interact with different people and the different parts around the school. I worked a lot with the athletics dept and I have had nothing but good experiences.
Pros
Access to sport games
Productive, friendly environment that encourages creativity
GRAPHIC ARTIST (Current Employee) –  Ithaca College, NYMarch 5, 2018
I currently work with career services and love it. The adult staff there are very supportive of all creative work, and are willing to negotiate on projects. Though I am a student, my opinion is still taken very seriously. I feel like I am able to make my best work because of this.

The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job are the same. Whenever I make something the client doesn't like, I have to interpret their vision in a way I previously hadn't. This is difficult but I definitely learn a lot from it.
Pros
Creative Freedom
Cons
No set work area
Responsibilities as a Student Manager
Student Manager Circulation Desk (Current Employee) –  Ithaca College, NYMarch 2, 2018
• Provide customer services and help patrons with any difficulties
• Proactive during emergency situations
• Supervise other student employees and monitor activities.
• Responsible for opening and closing
Fun and Easy Going
Writer (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYMarch 1, 2018
Everyone was willing to listen to other ideas. Since both shows I write for are collaborative projects, communication and teamwork are central to getting our tasks completed.
I went to school here
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYFebruary 28, 2018
Worked during school for the radio station and communications school. it was easy work for the most part. made money while in college. why do i have to do this. this is so stupid
fun
Student Caller at IC Annual Fund (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYFebruary 21, 2018
relaxed environment, fun, easy, kind employees and supervisors.
I would recommend working here. I am a student employee so my view of working here is definitely different than full time employees.
Fast-paced experience with good people
Worker (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYFebruary 1, 2018
A typical day at work consists of me scooping chicken wings or tenders (depending on the day) into bowls and serving them. Rush hour gets very stressful as it is hard to keep chicken filled. It is enjoyable to be with other coworkers who are on the same side.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
No breaks, rush hour
Good to work there
Lecturer of Economics (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJanuary 28, 2018
Good to work at Ithaca College. I really enjoy it. Getting to know students is easier at Ithaca College, and it is easier to have enough active interactions with students.
Productive and fun place to work
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJanuary 28, 2018
It was a great way to collaborate with fellow students. It was not a paid position, it was more volunteer work. I learned the ins and outs of a studio and learned all about production and post production.