Ithaca College

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

Ithaca College Employee Reviews

productive, engaging, and fun.
Student Manager (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYMay 9, 2019
Everyone is great to work with and knows how to balance serious worklife with sensible humor. Policies are upheld and rules are followed. Everyone respects one another and works good independently and alone.
Engaging and fresh environment
Tour Guide Manager (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYApril 24, 2019
Always pleasurable to work with the Admissions Office and all prospective students and families. The School of Business makes it easy to navigate all aspects of the job as students and faculty are always willing to share their experiences as well as respect tour groups.
Student Worker in Equipment Cage
Technical Operator (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYMarch 28, 2019
I was a student worker at Ithaca College. I worked in PPECS which is where Park students can rent equipment for projects. It was a pretty solid job for a student.
As a student, it was a fine place to work
Counseling Center Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYFebruary 26, 2019
They were good with allowing me to work around my course schedule. I also had a very nice supervisor who was very relatable. The environment was very laid back and often times when I finished my duties I was able to work on homework.
Pros
laid back, management was nice, quiet, got along with everyone, flexible scheduling
Cons
sometimes there wasn't much to do
Easy Job on Top of School
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJanuary 20, 2019
Finding a course that fits into your school schedule is easy and it is a nice little addition to other jobs on campus. This job is not livable on but that was not the goal.
Pros
Hours pretty Flexible
Cons
Always less than 20 hours
Student Employee Working part time
Athletic Communications Intern (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJanuary 8, 2019
I had a good experience working as a student employee with the athletic communications department and as a lifeguard. These two jobs gave me the opportunity to work part-time while I was a full-time student. I have learned a lot and had great mentors throughout my time at Ithaca College!
It was fine
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYDecember 31, 2018
I worked as a tutor and TA it's a good place to work for a student if they have the aptitude. I worked as a TA for 2 years now and it has been a great learning experience and I recommend it to all students who are smart enough
Nice Place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYDecember 10, 2018
Nice place to work. Friendly co-workers. Nice facilities. Decent pay and good benefits. Professional staff and decent hours. Overall a good place to work.
Fun place to work as a student
Sustainability Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYNovember 20, 2018
They work well with your school schedule and accommodate your hours to that. They provide a lot of room to grow, which I appreciated as a business student. They gave me a leadership position in coordinating for 20 other student workers after 1 year in the position and empowered me to be a leader.
Pros
Flexible hours, casual dress code, pot-lucks
Great experience as a student worker
Service Desk Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYNovember 12, 2018
My experience as a student worker with the IT department has been wonderful. Supervisors are understanding and accommodating, there is a sense of community both among student workers and between student and full-time staff, and the pay is as good as can be expected for an on-campus job.
Great place to work and have experience
FINANCIAL SERVICES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYOctober 26, 2018
- I work as student employee there, and my co-workers are so nice, professional and friendly.
- They are also good at communications and keep confidential information of customer.
- We have monthly training, which it is helpful
Great people to work with
Facilities Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYSeptember 15, 2018
A typical day was starting work at 5 am and for the next 5 hours working as hard as you could to maintain you run. The students start classes at 8 and having a 34,000 square foot run all class rooms had to be done before 8. then open computer rooms then four sets of bathrooms. After that you maybe asked to cover other areas. The job is hard but it makes you day go fast.
Pros
great benifiys
Cons
never enough staff that actually did there job
Great
Provost Office (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYAugust 22, 2018
Really enjoyed working here as a student. Learned about secretarial work and trip planning. Wonderful people to work with and great experiences overall. Highly recommend.
simple enough job--but with management difficulty
Student Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYAugust 17, 2018
called prospects to ask for gifts. learned about coding calls and phone ettiquette. management tried too hard to implement mandatory pre-shift games which were not always well received by employees
Pros
positive working environment and reinforcement from management
Cons
short breaks, inflexible work hours, uncomfortable "bonding" games
Challenging Work and also Fun
Library Circulation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJuly 3, 2018
I worked here as a Residential Assistant and I would recommend it to anyone who is interested. The position can be challenging, while also straining you to grow along with your residents
great
Sport Performance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJune 26, 2018
Headed Exercise Behavior Coach position
Support to individuals in their quest for changing their health behaviors
Working in a one-on-one setting providing individualized attention to help clients set and reach their goals by developing strategies and tools that work for each person
Targeting specific barriers, challenges, and daily stressors that stand in the way of a healthy lifestyle
Challenging yet rewarding work atmosphere
Night custodian (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJune 11, 2018
2nd shift custodial work at Ithaca College is a good job if you are determined to make an impact and to learn quickly. Not only do you clean buildings around Ithaca College campus but you are also in charge of learning how to wax floors, extract/ shampoo carpets and clean student apartments during the summers. For the most part, management is good at what they do and are always willing to assist in the learning process.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYMay 9, 2018
I really enjoyed working here because it taught me many skills of which I possess today. Everyone in the office is very helpful and although the work gets a little too much sometimes, its definitely worth it.
Multimedia Services Student Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYMay 9, 2018
I stayed in Ithaca and worked here over the summer. It was a different environment than when school is in session and was much more calm. We did inventory and it was very enjoyable and relaxing.
Great Service!
Student Aide (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYApril 30, 2018
Recording service does the highest quality work for the music school at Ithaca College. Everyone involved in the program is knowledgable, helpful and make it a fun place to work.