Itron Employee Reviews

Fast paced & open culture
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 20, 2018
Overall the company has the best culture. Free Lunch and snack bars with plenty of soft drinks and assorted coffee machines. The management is very laid back and provides room for creativity. There's always pressure but no micro managing and no politics.
Pros
Free Lunches and lots of other benefits including WFH option once a week, unlimited vacation policy
Cons
Executive are struggling to find the direction after the merger.
Was an excellent place to work until they sold out
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 11, 2019
Great pay & benefits, better than local area.
Flexibility options. Lots of workplace perks, gym, cafeteria.

Cons: So concerned with shareholder profits, willing to outsource & create chaos & quality loss so stock go up for the year. Too many managers who earn their position because they have been there forever. Hard to advance as there are so many with 15+ years of seniority.
No advancement, no vacation, incompetent management.
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waseca, MNSeptember 17, 2018
I was the 24th person to leave in the last year. A handful of them were so frustrated that they left without having another job lined up. I had 9 years of Outstanding reviews but according to my boss, performance had nothing to do with compensation. Management almost seemed happy when people left as that was just less overhead, and less people to layoff as they outsource more and more manufacturing. Most positions are not filled, the rest are filled with cheap labor (interns and visa's). The current management only got were they are because so many people above them left and it doesn't matter that they are clueless because all the shots are called from other locations/countries. In closing, if you are related to a Manager, play volleyball with one etc. you will fly up the ladder even if you spell Itron incorrectly on your resume, otherwise you are just a number and I would recommend staying clear of Waseca. I did get paid vacation time but I was never allowed to use it, even when my kids were born premature and I really needed it. When I left I had 6 weeks built up.
Pros
Building is temp and humidity controlled.
Cons
Toxic fumes from epoxy and lead solder make people sick.
It was a very casual atmosphere with great people
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owenton, KYNovember 30, 2018
Loved my job there. I was sad to see the company close and relocate. It was a very casual environment with great management. Everyone there was always willing to help the next person to succeed.
Pros
The management
Benefits
Lacks recognition of accomplishments, Lay offs are common place
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAOctober 19, 2018
Good work challenge
Frequent lay-offs of older and higher salary employees.
Serious employees with fear of lay-off.
Quiet network of the principle protected employees
Pros
good work opportunities
Cons
descrimination of senior employees and layoffs creates a serious and a strict work environment
Nice people to work with
Manufacturing Process Technician II (Current Employee) –  West Union, SCJune 19, 2018
I really love that Itron makes me feel like I am a part of their team. My role at Itron is maintain equipment in a safe and working condition. It is a very fast paced environment and can become stressful when lots of over-time is required.

Overall, the employees are very welcoming and make you feel like you are part of the Itron family. Management is very flexible with work schedules and understanding about employees' life outside of work.
Pros
Lots of benefits and overtime
Cons
Not much opportunity for advancement
Treated employees fair
Senior Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Owenton, KYSeptember 24, 2018
Itron was a great place to work..they treated their employees fair and didn't tolerate discrimination..they had great benefits health, dental &401k etc
Good place to get experience, but don't look for long term stability.
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Waseca, MNFebruary 28, 2018
There are times when an employee feels like being in fire fighting mode for very long stints, other times brief moments to learn new things. The small company atmosphere is pervasive from manufacturing to engineering, despite being a multinational company. This is a company constantly struggling with watching the budget, so when it comes time to buy anything, you feel guilty for spending money. The hardest part of the job is working with very limited support from others because they are swamped with work and in the same situation. Again, if you're highly resourceful, you will fit in and possibly learn some survivalist skills for other similarly structured companies.
Pros
Good benefits package, lots of learning opportunities, work life balance
Cons
quite high turnover, meager pay increases
Productive, but stressful environment at Itron
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  West Union, SCDecember 27, 2017
Itron has many opportunities for employees to learn, but lacks opportunities for individuals to advance into more challenging roles. The atmosphere is generally calm, but can be chaotic at times, because of issues with departmental communication. This commonly results in reproducing work that has already been completed. Having said that, Itron does provide a challenging atmosphere, which results in a rich learning environment. For the most part, all employees are approachable and helpful should issues arise, or simply to help educate co-workers.
Pros
Work environment, salary, paid vacations
Cons
Job advancement, management
A global workforce
Project Manager, Sr. Consultant (Current Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WADecember 18, 2018
Teams are devised of members in various locations across the globe. A key team works with the client in the client's office. Resources are not dedicated and often work with multiple clients at one time traveling from one location to another.

Most technology is cutting edge, and provides a wide variety of learning opportunities for new technology. Itron has bought a lot of companies and incorporated their technology into existing technology to lead the market.

Deploying this new technology with remote teams provides a challenging environment for work. Employees need to use personal experience and ingenuity to deploy products and solutions.
Pros
Lots of travel
Cons
Not a lot of information to lean on
Great company with excellent benefits. Flexible and willingness to help their employees succeed.
Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 25, 2018
I worked at Itron for just over 18 years. I enjoyed being their Administrator and the people there are great to work with. They really care about their employees and want you to succed.
Pros
Healthcare benefits, Vision, dental, 401K, stock
Cons
Layoffs
A lot of skilled workers and very good company to work for. Always room for advancement
quality assurence tec (Former Employee) –  Owenton, KYOctober 31, 2018
I enjoyed my job at Itron. Always learning new skills. I managed my own work space with little direction from my supervisor. I received products from our customers that were defective. I analyzed and repaired them. Kept spread sheets of my work. I communicated problems to our customers with an analysis of what went wrong and why and resolved the issues. I communicated with the staff and our quality department. I was the only person in my department. It was a lot of work and a lot of dedication and a great learning experience.I met all of my deadlines in a timely manner.
Pros
I did something different just about every day such as different products and customers.
Cons
It was sometimes overwhelming but I got through it
Overall a good company to work for
Product Manager, Itron (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 25, 2018
It is a great place to work if only the top management would figure out how to run the company. Lots of opportunity until they acquire companies that bring along tons of debt and have no good plan on keeping the business running smoothly.

The people that work there are the company's biggest assets. So many good people willing to give their all.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Upper Management
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAJanuary 11, 2019
Environment is very negative and employee morale very low. Management and leaders don't seem to understand the value of employees and employee retention.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
overworked, high stress, pressure, low morale, too many high paid managers and leaders with zero leadership skill
Unorganized
Associate (Former Employee) –  West Union, SCJanuary 14, 2019
Unorganized having parts in stock with correct orders, machine and parts layout not always convenient.

Shifts dont relay messages
1st come hours to itron employees before temps

HR doesnt hire by the book

Short breaks

No appreciation for employees

Outdated machinery

Everyone helps eachother but no one knows what their job duties fully are.

Too many family members, conflict of interest.
Pros
Friendly staff, decent lunch break
Cons
Managment and HR
Great clean facility
Electronics Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  West Union, SCDecember 16, 2018
Itron was a great place to work. They have a great benefit package and friendly management. The engineers are knowledgeable and always welcome any questions you may have.
Pros
Clean break rooms and restrooms
Cons
It's a little loud
Distribution Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Owenton, KYMarch 23, 2018
Overall good memories there. It had its days, but overall could place to work and benefits. The only reason I left is because I was laid off. They closed my plant down in Owenton, Ky. But did give us good bonuses because of it.
Great Job
Warehouse Worker/ Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Owenton, KYJanuary 16, 2019
A place where I would recommend a friend to. Treat you well, great work environment. Good pay. Working hours were great plenty of family time. Management was awesome.
Nice place to work.
Sales Planner / Production Scheduler (Former Employee) –  West Union, SCNovember 9, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Itron and gained valuable life and professional lessons. Management is pushing less experienced workforce. Services over manufacturing is preferred of late.
Great pay and benefits
Business Analyst - Treasury Department (Current Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAJanuary 18, 2018
A typical dat at work is 8 hours. My current manager is very controlling and I feel like I can't do anything right so she will not let me do anything on my own.

The company over-all is a good place to work if you want the "big corporate" experience. Not so good if you like the "family" environment.
Pros
Great pay & benefits
Cons
Company doesn't seem to care as much on an individual basis

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Itron. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight