Itron

Itron Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Itron insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Good company to work for

Itron treats it's employees very well. Encouraged to be physically active -onsite gym and locker rooms. Community minded with 2 days a year offered to each employee for community service days. Great benefits and competitive pay.

Fun and relaxed.

I love working for this company, the people are lovely and the management are fantastic. It’s a really relaxed environment and everyone is very kind.

Pros

Free parking, free tea and coffee, easy access to shops, relaxed environment.

Cons

There aren’t any

boring office job

It was a very boring job where you sit at a desk all day with a headset on recieving inbound calls, with barely a second to breath between calls. The people were nice and friendly but the job itself was a standard boring office job.

Boring

The job itself is so boring. You never have working headphones or computers and unless you are in one of the cliques nobody speaks to you. Management are rude, cold and uninterested. The company thinks its is more prestigious than it actually is.

Standard office enviroment, bit boring.

The people working at Itron is what makes it, as the job can be boring and at times stressful. The training provided is good and in depth. The hours are a pain, working on 4 shift rotas, its not convenient.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Cjustomer Service

Awful company to work for. Management unprofessional and dishonest. Worked here for a year and had enough. People who had the right colour eyes got promotion Glad to be away from it all.

Good job

One of the best jobs i ever had but it was a temp job that lasted for a few years.

Good Experience

Call centre based, gained knowledge of company internal software and navigation system. Built good relationships with internal customers.

Pros

Good training

Cons

Travel time

Productive and Professional Workplace

A typical day for me was to first make sure I had my badge for work, because that was the only way to enter the building. Next I would clock myself in then head over to my desk and turn on my computer and phone. Next I would try and eat my breakfast before any incoming calls started to come in because we were not allowed to make any outgoing calls until 8:00am and I had to be there at 7:00am. So after 8:00am I started making outbound calls trying to set up as many Appointments as I could everyday. Besides setting up Appointments I had to deal with some upset customers also everyday and I always handled the call the best I could until it was just to much and what I mean by to much is when a customer starts to use profanity and gets ignorant and not accept the best customer service skills as possible that im providing so the step for me was to ask them to please hold and transfer them over to my supervisor. I had wonderful coworkers we were like a little family some people were in there 20's 30's and 40's which made it really interesting because im 27 and to be around a different age group was challenging and helpful. As far as the job there really wasn't anything to hard about it I found it very easy after learning everything I had to know in order to do my job. And the most enjoyable part of my job was to help a customer and the customer telling me that they appreciated the help that they received from me.

Friendly environment

A typical day consisted of answering on average 120 calls from electricty suppliers such as British Gas, Scottish Power etc.We would assist the agents with their queries relating to pre-payment meters with the overall aim of keeping their customers on supply. This may be through issuing of keys or assisting with general meter readings queries that could help determine any issues the customer has. We also assisted with debt queries.I learned alot about the electrical industry and pre payment side of energy suppliers, and how the industry works in general.I applied for the role of Senior CSR and Team leader, however that was very early in my career at Itron and therefore was unsuccessful. I never let this affect my work and was determined to keep building my knowledge and try to build leadership qualities in the role I was in, which resulted in me gaining recognition from my team members for the help and guidance I was giving them. During my yearly apparaisal I was advised by my team leader that I came very close to both job roles I previously applied for and that I had used that as a stepping stone to build for the future. He advised me to definately apply for these positions in the future, however nothing has come about in a while and I feel the need to move on from the company to better myself and career.I enjoyed every second working with my colleagues and this helped to build strong relationships and trust within the group. We would always aim to have fun but to a professional level and company policies.The hardest part of the job was the initial month when I started -

Pros

company benefits scheme

Cons

hours of work

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Itron?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Itron. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.8Personal Development
2.2Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Itron with

Career recommendations for Customer Service Representative

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more

Popular locations for Customer Service Representative in US