ITS ConGlobal Employee Reviews

2.7
Ratings breakdown
Don't do it
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Westwego, LAMay 30, 2018
It was a terrible place to work. Management cares about nothing except trying to get a bonus. They try to place in safety rules that end up putting you in worse situations.
Work life and home life balance is awful!
If you're single with no kids, it's a good place to start out a career and move on up to better companies.
great place to work.
Terminal Operator (Former Employee) –  Darien, IL 60561May 25, 2018
work hard and show up everyday make great money. good benefits great co workers job is face paced to get the train loaded on time. use safety at all times.
Pros
good hours
Cons
cancelled reward system
Worst job I ever had , hostile environment
Chassis Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 24, 2018
Safety manager that was over us is a racist he run off all the good workers off and he don't know how to talk anyone the GM let him get away with everything. Wrote corporate a complaint letter on him and it was ignored.
Leader in Intermodal Industry
Human Resource Generalist (Current Employee) –  Darien, ILMay 2, 2018
Typical Day: Busy
I learned how to be a better team player and to hold myself accountable and integral
The workplace culture can be a little divided at time, but also familial at times
The hardest part of the job for me is meeting the ever-changing deadlines that come with the industry
The most enjoyable part of the job is feeling that you are making a difference in what you do.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Expensive healthcare benefits
Overall work experience
Switchman /Conductor (Current Employee) –  Santa Teresa, NMMarch 15, 2018
The job would be a great job if the management were better. Every workplace has people that someone may not get along with, but it shouldn't make going to work uncomfortable and unpleasant so that an employee doesn't want to go. Management does not treat all employees fairly or respectful.
Pros
Great benefits and great pay
Cons
Needs better management who knows how to do their job right and treat employees.
Hard w
Car loader (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64147February 21, 2018
Hardly work load new cars on and off the train do inventory inspections chalk down move cars to different parking spot move bridge plates on in off the real car
Get everything in writing
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNFebruary 21, 2018
Poor management do not prepare you for your work they try but more worried about bonuses. Say they are a safe work place but lie about accidents to keep bonuses. Will tell you that you’ll be working x amount of hours but will double it. Home life will be effected they play favorites and will be disrespectful when talking to you.
Pros
Busy with work
Cons
Exspectations favoritism and professionalism
Long Hours Hostile Work Environment
Terminal Operator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2018
Long 12 hr days. Being a new guy, they can put you on any shift, working 6 days a week.

The equipment they have is old. the Cranes are owned by the Railroad and often don't work.

The yard is filled with pot holes and most trucks don't have heat or working computers.
Pros
Pay, Insurance
Cons
no work life balance, stress, poor working conditions
Laid back
Terminal Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 20, 2018
Moving trailers from the train to the chassies.
Training to operate different equipment daily.
Safety is first priority
Fun group of staff
Weather of all kinds
Productive place
Gate Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2018
You work in all weather conditions. Taking care of any drivers that pull into the entering side or exit side of the facility. Management was very poor and favoritism was definitely shown. A lot of chill time
Pros
Pay & hours
Cons
Management, working in rain
Somedays busy, somedays not busy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  KansasFebruary 5, 2018
I was busy some days but others not. I would hardly get a clear answer on any of my questions; I was micromanaged; my desk was not 'mine' and it was next to an outside door which was open half the time. The hardest part of my job was paying the bills. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I was busy and left alone.
Pros
Got to pick my own hours, had a great trainer
Cons
dirty, rude, no compassion, no workplace of my own, no answers
Fast Pace Outdoor Job
Gate Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 14, 2018
Job is basically easy to do attention to detail a must. People are great to work with. Have to deal with weather conditions. Work outside 8 hours a day on your feet alot of walking.
its
Conductor-Engineer Trainee (Former Employee) –  Grandview, MOJanuary 5, 2018
it was a good experience for me to learn another part of railroading, learning to be and engineer and conductor help me further my railroad experience and got me caught up on new rules and regulations.
Pros
good benefits and good experience
Cons
needs more attention to rules and safety regulations
Lack of responsibility
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILJanuary 1, 2018
A typical day of work began with no much work to do. It was a pleasant atmosphere to work in but not enough work to do on a daily basis. There was work to do but always later in the day.The staff was pleasant.
Pros
free luncheons
Cons
temp job
Not the best place to work for
Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 1, 2017
Don’t like this company because they didn’t ever keep up with anything.(company vehicles, tools etc.) Never got the pay right. Management wasn’t at its best. Just seemed like a cheap company with no advancements.
Pros
Work at your own pace just get done.
Cons
Working outside, fighting for tools/parts
Company Still Good Company but making alot of changes
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXNovember 27, 2017
just like all companies in 2017 that want
production up and cost down
I have worked for this company for a total of 20 years holding numerous management positions and they are still a solid
company due to the upper management team.
Pros
Great management team
Cons
Railroad Industry is tough
Dedication to work, less time with family or to develop any kind of career
Terminal Operator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 21, 2017
This job/career is worth a shot if you're single and motivated to work in the railroad service. Loading and unloading trains; ground work in all kind of weather and operate machines all day long. Management is hectic at this place.
Pros
multiple breaks depending how you view them
Cons
workers, hours, work all holidays
Nice work environment.
Trailer Inspector (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 19, 2017
Fast pace work environment with great career opportunities. Management and coworkers all are willing to help in customer satisfaction. This is a awesome place to learn about the trucking and railroad business.
Unlimited Opportunities for both Managers and Hourly Employees
Vice President of Global EH&S (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILOctober 19, 2017
This is the type of company you can get hired to drive a truck in the yard and with good performance in 5-7 years you can advance to a significant management role. I have worked here for 3 years and I defiantly made the right decision in coming to work for ITS ConGlobal. I am paid well with good benefits and I am treated with dignity and respect from all other associates. I have requested additional responsibilities and my boss has delivered these responsibilities with the support required to be successful. As an hourly employee, there are many opportunities to earn bonuses, travel/work at other locations, advance to salary positions and if desired relocate to one of 90+ locations in the United States. I would highly recommend seeking employment with ITS ConGlobal.
Pros
Good benefits and pay Achievable bonuses, Unlimited advancement potential, Great training, Fun Team work environment, Opportunity to operate large cranes and locomotives, Opportunity to travel and work at other locations, Ability to relocate to one of 90+ locations, Free Company attire
Cons
Shift work for hourly employees and managers
New Learning experience
Checkpoint Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSOctober 9, 2017
This job introduced me to the Intermodal Industry. I enjoyed and appreciated the experience. I learned so much working with this company and once the contract ended, I transferred another company working in the same industry.