iTutor

Working at iTutor: 5 Reviews

United States5 reviews

Needs more organization

Good Work Life balance- Could be better communication with its employees. It takes a while for emails to get a response. The LMS isn't always cooperative. Students are often a no show so it gets boring and mundane. Good to work from home. No benefits.

Professional and fun

Great place to work. Treat teachers as professionals, doesn’t micromanage, and staff is always supportive. Very drama free. Good platform and pay is above average for the tutoring field.

iTutor insights

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Trust in colleagues

Itutor is good for short part time work, but not as a full time career.

Itutor has no management staff that is accesible. It is all computer animated. It's you and a machine, but the classes are easy to teach and the students are great.

Pros

The job is easy the students are good overall

Cons

It's a machine

Seemed organized...

It seemed very organized when going through the training. However, this place doesn't have good management. Basically, you do everything yourself, which isn't bad. When I took time off, I came back and had none of my work opportunities which took about a month to obtain after I got hired. There is no communication. You are on your own. The internet connections are okay, but not always good. Their platform needs a lot of work since I could only use a few of their features for my tutoring sessions. I don't recommend this position to anyone. You don't know if they will take away your sessions.

It's Alright

I've only acquired short-term assignments so it's very manageable as long as I schedule responsibly. I make sure to have mini-lessons prepared but many times the students bring their own work that they need help with. There is practically no workplace culture but I didn't expect that from a company with this set up. Then again, I only work the short-term assignments so I imagine those with full-time assignments may have more of a need for that. There isn't a guarantee that you'll get the amount of hours that you desire and there's a possibility for classes to get canceled on you.

Pros

Create your own schedule, reasonable pay

Cons

Not many hours, insufficient educational resources, tacky communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at iTutor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits