Play YouTube video button

ITW Employee Reviews

Featured review
ITW selected this as a representative review
Supervisor of Production (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNDecember 29, 2018
I loved this job I started Supervision after my first year there. I was sent to classes to help become the best I could be at my job. I treated everyone fairly and never had an employee that said I mistreated them.
Pros
Cons
Salary could have been better
work life
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GA 30240January 17, 2019
Great place to work. Great pay and benefits. Company really looked out for the employees. If I had to do it all over again I would choose to work there again.
Team leaders had their favorites
Press Operator/sorter (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 10, 2019
When the owners would come in town they would hide some of the workers from the owners by giving them the day off. I was asked to hide some bad parts.
Pros
During holidays they fed u
Cons
Tell u they will hire u on but never do
Fast paced and good place to work
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Bryan, OHJanuary 9, 2019
I love the fast pace and liked the 3rd shift hours. It’s a very clean factory. I’ve enjoy working there for the last 19 years. The health benefits are very good.
Ladies work
Press operator (Current Employee) –  Kendallville, INJanuary 2, 2019
Temperature controlled, light weight, good benefits. Pay is fair for the job required. Supervisors are friendly and knowledgeable. Plant conditions are clean and organized.
Pros
temperature controlled
Cons
my 3rd shift position
A cultural nightmare with great benefits
Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, ILJanuary 1, 2019
Legacy employees are huge roadblocks to progress. Hostile work environment. Upper management makes biased decisions, too many resources in one plant and not nearly enough in other plants even when both manufacture the same products. Meaning, one plant is a sweatshop and the other is relaxed and has reasonable pressures. The General Manager is superb at justifying the reasons for continuing with the sweatshop culture.
Pros
Training, health benefits, bonuses
Cons
legacy workers are super stubborn, work environment hostile
No equal opportunity for women
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJanuary 1, 2019
Very toxic environment for women at the Binghamton NY facility (aka instron). Women were abused and discriminated against on a daily basis and were told to stay out of sight in the back of the building.
Pros
flex time, benefits
Cons
discrimination against women
boring
Order picker (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 19, 2018
hours weren't that good. work was extremely boring. hard accurate work was not appreciated. no room for advancement. had two 15 minute breaks. no overtime available.
Pros
didnt have to punch out for breaks
Cons
boring work
Good company, good benefits
Marketing and Sales (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILDecember 12, 2018
Lack of upward mobility for me personally based on decision to not relocate. Great business training and opportunities for advancement if you are comfortable moving to where the opportunities are.
Contract Engineer
Contract Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Troy, OHDecember 10, 2018
I'm just at ITW as a contractor at the moment and not involved with any of their internal actions. As a temporary employee with the opportunity to continue as a contractor. Currently its a 6 month contract.
great place to work
Senior Operator Assembly Tech (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 1, 2018
great place to work. You can advance and get into management there. The benefits are good and the pay is good. The manager are good. The staff knows their thing
Pros
Great palce to work
Cons
lunch time to short
Highly Professional Organization
Contract Access SQL Applications Developer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2018
ITW is a highly professional organization doing business in 56 countries with a total of 50,000 employees located throughout the world. They have an annual revenue of about 14.3 billion USD. ITW allowed me the freedom to concentrate on my work, learn something new every day, and return home satisfied that I had accomplished something constructive that day that added to the bottom line.
Pros
open and supportive supervisor
Cons
nothing
Overall good experience
Sourcing Program Manager - PMO (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2018
I worked under one year at ITW, but I had to move due to personal reasons but overall i had good experience while at ITW. The sourcing leadership is strong.
Cut throat and stressful
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCNovember 11, 2018
Management is very cut throat, unethical, and full of clicks. Also lots of incompetence around which management wants so you can be controlled. Also if you have suggestions or improvement ideas, not welcomed unless local Managers can disguise as their own.
Pros
Company benefits
Cons
No managent Accountability
HR Director (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILNovember 8, 2018
Corporate has high expectations of each division, but provides tools and flexibility for the leadership teams to develop strategies that are appropriate for each business
A good company gone bad
Sales (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAOctober 18, 2018
This was a good company in terms of the people and the dedication they had in providing great products and great services to the customer.

All that has changed in their belief that 8020 is the golden rule. There is no loyalty to the distribution, there is no understanding of the end-user's needs - as their eye is on just one thing - margin.

Yes, an important thing to look at - but, so is employee morale, so is doing the right thing for the right reasons and being customer-centric versus being "black & white."

The culture has gone bad and until upper management recognizes the need to make changes within their own world, the worker-bees will continue to suffer - and customers will seek out better companies to work with.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor work culture, low morale
Enjoyed my job
Quality Control Auditor (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 12, 2018
I really enjoyed working at ITW, but the company that opened in my area closed within 2 years so the job security I thought I had was quickly taken away.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Learned new skills
Cons
Company closed
didn't work there enough , it seemed a good place
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILOctober 10, 2018
I worked in a strategic role, at the corporate level.
Excellent job, good teams.
The main issue was the corporate structure, made by hundreds of small companies under the ITW umbrella.
CEO and executive teams have strong decision power, not so much left to managers at a lower level.
CEO is from a financial background, I find it not positive, in a corporation that believes to be an Engineering company.
This is the best company I have worked for, so far.
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 1, 2018
I has been quite a journey... I have grown from being a technician to being a Service Advisor who handles sells and technician performance. Right now and my career is balanced but would like to see what's out there.
Pros
plenty of opportunities to grow
Cons
it may take a great deal of time to get a promotion.
fast paced warehouse
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAOctober 1, 2018
machine operator worked in fast paced warehouse production was required 6 days a week no paid lunch really easy training and job assignment left job due to moved
Strong department comradery
IT Contract Strategic Sourcing Manager (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILSeptember 22, 2018
A typical day included a lot of communication with several business units owned by ITW. I learned how to communicate effectively with different levels in the organization. Management was very engaged with the day-to-day operations of the department. The workplace culture was laid back but the work was intense, The hardest part of the job was staying on top of all the merger activity. The most enjoyable part of the job was traveling and visiting with companies that ITW acquired.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ITW. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight