Play YouTube video button
67Average

ITW Employee Reviews

United States820 reviews
Featured review
ITW selected this as a representative review
I loved this job I started Supervision after my first year there. I was sent to classes to help become the best I could be at my job. I treated everyone fairly and never had an employee that said I mistreated them.
Pros
Cons
Salary could have been better
Overworked and never appreciated
When they have a dedicated worker ITW gives that person all the work to do while slackers walk around and do nothing; and no action is taken with the slackers.
Productive workplace with great people
Everyone there was incredibly nice and helpful, even though I was only an intern. The work was interesting and they allowed me to experience many different parts of the engineering division.
Great people to work for
I enjoyed my time with ITW. I was a contractor through a creative agency. I would return if asked. I worked remotely, part time for Global Tire Repair.
You will learn multiple functions that will help carry you along in your career there is potential to move up in the company and also learn more than one role
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Its ok to work for.
If the others that work there like you, you'll make it. If not they will basically force you out. It's a family type of place to call it. All is one and no black sheep
Not interested in change
If you don't mind doing what you are told then this place is for you. Management is not interested in your ideas and collaboration. If you don't follow the instructions, regardless if you believe there may be a better way, you are labeled a trouble maker.
A well Known Company
The Work is fast paced and a Some What Stressful at Times. The Compensation and satisfaction for a Job well done is worth the efforts.
The people I work with are hard workers and very Professional.

I work the Night Shift at my Current Position. I am looking to move to a Day Time Position.
Great Experience
ITW is a big company with a small company feel because of their decentralized business structure. You really get the opportunity to have an impact on the business.
Alpine ITW, hands down the worst company I have ever worked for!
I have never been lied to by management as much as I have working here. This is a company that is all about greed. Hourly employees have to ask permission over the radio to use the restroom.
Pros
I spent the last 10min trying to think of something, I cannot think of any.
Cons
They are closing my plant.
They are closing my plant. I am presently disconnecting equipment to relocate. It has been a good job. I wish they could have kept the plant down here in LaGrange, Georgia.
They Appreciate their employees
The company appreciate your work and they do treat Us from time to time they have a tentative program for production workers We have good paid holidays off Good benefits
Upper management treats all employs unfairly
Complaints to corporate go unrecognized. Lack of appreciation for all employees from the plant manager. Expect to work long hours with little recognition.
New Plant Manager and HR Manager
Group dynamics was still in flux with new Plant Manager and HR Manager. The prior teams at ITW were great to work with. Dedicated folks and family oriented.
I loved working at my factory job at ITW but the people where not great bad people. There was too much negativity in the factory. Had to get out there
Pros
I'm a fast learner works great with others I love to work. Fast at my jobs
Cons
Not to many
work ethic
The individual that succeeds with this company must have a strong work ethic and personally motivated. A lot of common sense and mechanical ability is a definite advantage. Must desire to work at least some overtime.
Favoritism
Pure favoritism there, and very shady people coworkers in company. Not treated fairly and set up for failure even though productivity was there more than even experienced workers
Good
Good company 16.6 billion a year they need a smart intelligent guy like me that knows everything from the shipping dock to the front door 122
Good
Cons
Great company close to lake Geneva wi not gar from francfurt il
Good product - okay company and work culture.
Lots of friendly people, no free coffee or snacks, free is parking, a car is a must to work at this location.
It's a traditional manufacturing company that takes pride in "lifers". Very skeptical about any changes in process/ technology and can not take any suggestions. You've to fall in line to work there.

It can be a good last job before retirement but if you want to climb the career ladder, there aren't many opportunities to learn or grow.
The Most Discrimination, and Harrasing job ive ever had
Very Disrespectful Management who get off on making you feel like your nothing less than cheap labor. No Communication, No Training, No proper PPE, Fast Food Workers are making batches with no prior Experience
Good place to work.
Most of the people here are great to work with. Lately, the management has taken a turn for the worst. The Quality Manager just hired doesn't have any relate-able experience and doesn't know what they are doing.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Poor Management