ITW Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Long
Assembly Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAAugust 4, 2018
Long fast pace job. The hardest part on this job was keeping up to make production. The most enjoyable part was being able to go home on time. I learn to do numerous jobs.
Worst place I’ve ever worked
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAAugust 3, 2018
The drama in this place is outrageous. They don’t even work you 40hrs a week. I loved my supervisor, but the team lead was the ring leader of mess. Nobody’s on the same page and they aren’t any guidelines or work standards and nobody is sure of what’s good or bad
The job that went away
Machine Operator/Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 15, 2018
I loved working at this company punching holes in one end of shipping tubes for computer components. And, working with a variety of people helping train new hires on the proper and safe way to run a punch press and a plastic extrusion machine.
Pros
Getting along with fellow employees
Cons
Working multiple plastic extrusion positions when temporaries would not show up to work.
great experience working
Quality Associate (Former Employee) –  Hebron, ILJuly 6, 2018
Working at ITW was a learning experience for my career for Material Handler point of view and Quality Control. My working area was clean, a nice calm work place.
daily routines, friendly coworkers
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 2, 2018
fast paced production lines , great learning opportunity, great managment, family oreinted, great pay all around awesome place to work!! They always have bake sales, cook out & other little things to participate in
Pros
great pay
Cons
small company, little chance to hire permanatly
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Litchfield, ILJune 21, 2018
58 hours a week running junk equipment pay is too low for what they expect out of you vacation and health insurance is the only good thing about this place
Pros
cheap insurace vacation days
Cons
low pay 6 days a week
Vioated their own promises
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2018
Turned in a manager for violating the Code of Ethics, and was terminated for it. So much for being anonymous and helping the company maintain their integrity.
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Lake Bluff, ILJune 14, 2018
ITW is a wonderful place to work.
ITW is a premier manufacturer of scientific equipment and supplier for use in materials analysis.
I learned a new NAV system, witch I found very user friendly.
Pros
Cons
no cons
Poor management with unnecessary overtime
Printer Operator (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALJune 14, 2018
Management constantly preached "Quality over quantity" but the work flow screamed the opposite. You can never make plans for the weekend because you "might" be working Saturday every Saturday. You also might be scheduled to stay an extra 4 hours without any communication on any given day. HR is constantly replaced so HR has no power in terms of problems one might face working for this company.
Pros
Some of your coworkers are nice
Cons
few chances to move up, forced overtime, bad management
No chance for advancement
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 26, 2018
As a temp, my work performance was excellent. When the time came for me to become full-time, I was asked by my supervisor to find another temp agency that would charge a lower rate. I was then instructed to work for that particular temp agency, and I would eventually get hired full time with the company.
I love it.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 23, 2018
I loved learning how to setup the machines and the work environment is great. Even though the job is dirty the pay is great. The hours are what the problem is though... The shifts are offset.
Productive and quick paced
Assembler (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAMay 14, 2018
Standing long hours, heavy lifting, bending, use hand tools, make boxes, paperwork, keep area clean, cross train, machine operator, exercise to start day off
Productive workplace and support.
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILMay 10, 2018
Very nice company to work for. Struggling with identity.Change in company philosophy and do not know if it has worked. Many people were let go and the core management team left to work for another company.
Pros
good support
Cons
Increased pricing scale and customers took notice.
Stressful, low pay, lack of communication, fast paced.
Mold Operator (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 4, 2018
Very hard to work here as a new employee. Very little room for learning. It’s a very fast paced and stressful work environment with a grueling weekly schedule. Very little time off for new employees. Pay is too low!
Pros
Decent benefits.
Na
MATERIAL HANDLER (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, ILApril 25, 2018
I've given this question some thought, and overall I've been very satisfied with my job. I've been able to work with some really interesting people." The hard work
fun workplace
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, ILApril 16, 2018
It was just a temp job when I was younger, still living with my parents. I enjoyed the environment and the management was down to earth. Everyone had their own work station, but could still talk to others.
Pros
easy job
Cons
pay
Good people, bad pay
Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNApril 7, 2018
North Star Imaging in Rogers, MN is owned by ITW. The fat man in the General Manager position is false and dark. He's intimidated by intelligence and those of light. If he were removed, the whole company would improve. There are wonderful intelligent people that work there, but poor pay and hours. Most managers are good and fair. It's a great job if you don't intend to go anywhere.
Pros
People, technology
Cons
Fat general manager, pay
lonely
Operator (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, ILApril 4, 2018
its just boring.you dont make much .even the regular pay is bad.its dreary and there is zero room for advancement.you have be direct hire and have a better job you you want any actual money.
Pros
people are nice
Cons
pay
Decentralized, Lots of Travel, Stressful, Poor Executive Team
Manager (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILApril 3, 2018
Good benefits, working to improve diversity. High turnover and not enough career development. Leadership is very concerned with shareholder value and not customers or employees.
Pros
benefits, diversified, 80/20
Cons
Stressful, little communication
not enough pay
Assemble Line Worker (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAMarch 30, 2018
I feel its a great job but not enough pay The management was poorly not enough communication about the plant. The culture of the plant was great good veracity of culture .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ITW. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

63out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at ITW.

Powered by Comparably