ITW Employee Reviews

A good company gone bad
Sales (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAOctober 18, 2018
This was a good company in terms of the people and the dedication they had in providing great products and great services to the customer.

All that has changed in their belief that 8020 is the golden rule. There is no loyalty to the distribution, there is no understanding of the end-user's needs - as their eye is on just one thing - margin.

Yes, an important thing to look at - but, so is employee morale, so is doing the right thing for the right reasons and being customer-centric versus being "black & white."

The culture has gone bad and until upper management recognizes the need to make changes within their own world, the worker-bees will continue to suffer - and customers will seek out better companies to work with.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor work culture, low morale
didn't work there enough , it seemed a good place
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILOctober 10, 2018
I worked in a strategic role, at the corporate level.
Excellent job, good teams.
The main issue was the corporate structure, made by hundreds of small companies under the ITW umbrella.
CEO and executive teams have strong decision power, not so much left to managers at a lower level.
CEO is from a financial background, I find it not positive, in a corporation that believes to be an Engineering company.
This is the best company I have worked for, so far.
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 1, 2018
I has been quite a journey... I have grown from being a technician to being a Service Advisor who handles sells and technician performance. Right now and my career is balanced but would like to see what's out there.
Pros
plenty of opportunities to grow
Cons
it may take a great deal of time to get a promotion.
fast paced warehouse
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAOctober 1, 2018
machine operator worked in fast paced warehouse production was required 6 days a week no paid lunch really easy training and job assignment left job due to moved
Do not bother
shipper (Former Employee) –  Litchfield IlOctober 1, 2018
The Litchfield facility is depressing and dreadful. The morale is as low as it can get, with employees snitching on each other all too frequently. Overtime is excessive during the summer months, vacant positions are hard to fill. Nobody wants to work there!
The operations manager micromanages and is clueless to how manufacturing is run; the shipping lead pits shippers against one another, complaining about whoever isn't there at the time. Very unprofessional. He likes to sit at his desk and let everybody else do the work, which creates unnecessary overtime for others. Granted, he works o.t. as well, and makes 'easy money'. ITW would be wise to install cameras in their shipping department to see what goes on.
It is against company policy to smoke in the building, yet this was ignored. It is against company policy to attempt to have another clock you in, yet it was attempted. They will throw you under the bus, but their own doings are never exposed!
This was the WORST job I ever, ever had. Glad to be out of there.
Pros
vacation time, sick days
Cons
excessive o.t., horrific morale, backbiting
Strong department comradery
IT Contract Strategic Sourcing Manager (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILSeptember 22, 2018
A typical day included a lot of communication with several business units owned by ITW. I learned how to communicate effectively with different levels in the organization. Management was very engaged with the day-to-day operations of the department. The workplace culture was laid back but the work was intense, The hardest part of the job was staying on top of all the merger activity. The most enjoyable part of the job was traveling and visiting with companies that ITW acquired.
productive place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mokena, ILSeptember 18, 2018
I learned how to put different car parts together and i enjoyed this because ive always had a passion for cars. I would be willing to accept more job offers if pay rate was increased.
it was fine
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYSeptember 10, 2018
it was fine. good pay. good hours. It was seven to three thirty each day and they offer holiday hours upon hire. the managers are very friendly and will help you.
Poor Management. No job stability focused on cutting cost instead of qualified hard workers
Extrusion Technician (Former Employee) –  Doraville, GASeptember 9, 2018
Job threatened on a consistent basis
Hostile work environment. Employee concerns unattended
n/a
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAAugust 30, 2018
OK experience but the people aren't to good.Learn a lot of stuff.And I enjoy the work. I really didn't learn to much at ITW. I learn alot about defects and the frame and what it takes to put part on car doors
Pros
Learn car parts
Cons
People dont focus on whats important.
Productive work environment
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAAugust 26, 2018
I feel that my time spent at ITW benefited me in the ways most closely aligned with career advancement and skills development. The work environment was fast paced and required me to perform tasks daily at an extremely efficient level.
great
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, ILAugust 26, 2018
great job would recommend to many people that are willing to work in a fast pace facility. great people easy to get along with and be part of a great team and will help advance skills n areas if you are willing to learn
Itw
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2018
It was a company that I seen as a stepping stone at that point in life. I didn't see a long term career in that position but wouldnt mind seeing if I could find the desired career at ITW if the conditions were rights.
Pros
People were nice
Cons
Low Pay
The management was a little unorganized
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Richton Park, ILAugust 21, 2018
i really don't have much to say.with the work needed,i feel as thought they should pay their employees more. I was a temp and received my paper work to be hired in and next day or so i was let go for no reasoning
Global Corporate micro management
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Zeeland, MIAugust 17, 2018
Why am I reviewing a company that I will never work for again? Total global corporate involvement micro managing every aspect of work but spending more money than they save. Everyone in fear of being let go to reduce cost
Quality inspector (Former Employee) –  illinois and georgiaAugust 13, 2018
Fast pace work environment easy to be promoted if you stay focus and dependable. The hardest is not getting enough rest before work and the good thing is you work 3days and off 4 and then the opposite the following week,
Pros
gifts and free dinners at holiday
Cons
short breaks but time do go fast.
Long
Assembly Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAAugust 4, 2018
Long fast pace job. The hardest part on this job was keeping up to make production. The most enjoyable part was being able to go home on time. I learn to do numerous jobs.
Worst place I’ve ever worked
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAAugust 3, 2018
The drama in this place is outrageous. They don’t even work you 40hrs a week. I loved my supervisor, but the team lead was the ring leader of mess. Nobody’s on the same page and they aren’t any guidelines or work standards and nobody is sure of what’s good or bad
The job that went away
Machine Operator/Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 15, 2018
I loved working at this company punching holes in one end of shipping tubes for computer components. And, working with a variety of people helping train new hires on the proper and safe way to run a punch press and a plastic extrusion machine.
Pros
Getting along with fellow employees
Cons
Working multiple plastic extrusion positions when temporaries would not show up to work.
great experience working
Quality Associate (Former Employee) –  Hebron, ILJuly 6, 2018
Working at ITW was a learning experience for my career for Material Handler point of view and Quality Control. My working area was clean, a nice calm work place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ITW. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

63out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at ITW.

Powered by Comparably