Ivalua Employee Reviews

Productive an Fun work environment with a Global Culture
Talent Acquisition Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJune 16, 2017
Good autonomy and flexibility regarding work schedule.
Great learning, growth opportunities and an excellent product suite.
Global culture and fun office perks w/ games and Friday lunches.
Overall a very enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Robust benefits package, free lunch Fridays, company trips, great team members, growth opportunities
Cons
There is always room for improvement.
Great Company, great people, great product
Project Manager, Freelance translator (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAFebruary 15, 2013
I loved working at Ivalua and was quite sad when my contract was finished. It's a great place and people are very nice. I liked their product which is a Spend Management software suite called Ivalua Buyer that you can customize based on the client's needs. A very powerful tool.They are specialized in eProcurement. Everybody is extremely helpful, knowledgeable and caring. The hardest part of the job was to not have enough training before actually doing the job which included configuring the application for the client as well as doing my job as a project manager. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people and the fact that everybody was always ready to help you and everybody was very respectful of clients, very solution oriented. I loved my co-workers and the environment was great. My Project Management contract was finished but I still work with them as a freelance technical translator.
If you are coming from France, this is for you
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Redwoodcity, CaDecember 28, 2012
On their second CEO for the Americas, Ivalua has been struggling to find their process for effective selling. Unfortunatly there is no understanding of the fundamentals of American business. Being one of the only Americans, I found it to be very helpful in understanding the French culture. The very casual work enviorment was relaxing, but was definatly gearded twoards the French employees having a good time in the US.

With no understanding of American business, it will be very hard for them to be sucesful. If you are one of the Americans on the team, be prepared to get none of the control in your processes and get all of the blame when it fails.
Pros
friendly team
Cons
language barrier, no respect for american culture