IVC US Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive and fun at times
Lead Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GADecember 15, 2017
Worked to the best of my ability daily. Each day working 10 to 12 if not 14 hours a day. Was asked to do above and beyond my duties in the position that I was appointed due to the fact the the manager did not have a clue of what his duties were. The plant manager is a complete JOKE as a plant manager. It's know that it is his plant and he can do whatever he wants. That will soon be his downfall.Shutdowns were done on weekly basis and time frames to do the repairs were cut short so that production could run product but keep in mind with not having the proper downtime to do repairs,jobs were done in a rush. That's the norm at that place. The experience that I received there is the only thing that they can't take from me, however with not working out a notice,due to the fact they would have walked me out, HR place on my record the term "Job Abandonment " to not rehire. I now can't get the job I wanted due to this reason. Mohawk is a great place to work, IVC US is NOT. If you can hold off finding a job, wait for Mohawk to come in and clean up the mess of incompentant managers and you will prosper well with Mohawk.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Long hours and not appreciated
IVC was doing fairly decent for what it was when the company was first established.
Print Press Operator/ Maintenance Utility (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GANovember 15, 2017
The building has climate control and the material had to maintain a certain temperature or the quality would be poor. Working on the line was boring but the people were content. I was in printing and those bosses were hard to handle. Get blamed for every little defect. They couldn't keep us fully staffed. Constantly switching from days and nights on 12 hour shifts. Poor management is what lead the company to selling out to Mohawk. I seen it coming.
Pros
pay, family oriented, job security
Cons
management, unstable shifts
ok place to work
Electrical Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAOctober 8, 2017
it wa a relaxed place to work with good pay because i worked 64-87 hrs every week. But the electrical supervisor would never teach or share information with the rest of the team.
Table Operator
Coating table operator (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GASeptember 27, 2017
Had to stand for long periods of time. I had to watch and maintain a table on a production line that did not stop. It was continuous with scheduled breaks.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
12 hrs
Excellent place to work, very family focussed
National Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GASeptember 4, 2017
IVC was an excellent workplace with a good work / life balance. There were many challenges, but there was a good team in place to help to meet those challenges.
Pros
Very friendly, fast paced atmosphere
Cons
There were challenges with our IT Department
Began as a delightful place to work. Worsened once Mohawk took over.
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GASeptember 1, 2017
Plenty of opportunities to use my skills. Position became more stressful and demanding as Mohawk acquired IVC and seemed to value the individual less. Production was tantamount...even though safety was touted.
Pros
Nice, clean environment
Cons
Poor decision-making after acquisition.
Great place for advancement
Print Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAMay 4, 2017
Very secure work environment with much growth.
We have grown from a single shift operation to four shifts, on a 24/7 rotating schedule in just six years, adding two attached facilities and merging with a much larger company.
Productive workplace not very fun or exciting but payed well
Extruder Operator (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 24, 2017
Gooi only worked there for 7 months but I came straight in and got straight to work. None of the jobs are particularly hard it difficult just unique. There's no other facility in Georgia like that facility.
Pros
Good leadership, nobody really bothers you
Cons
Extremely boring
Long hours worked with no gratitude
Master Electrical Tech (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 6, 2017
Required to work long hours most of the time. I recall having to do about a dozen 24+ hour days.
Upper management has hired one of the worst maintenance managers I have ever worked for.
Enjoyable place to work
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 12, 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed working with all people and departments at this company. Small family type atmosphere.

Many responsibilities expected. Very little time to process functions.

Compensation was lacking. A lot of finger pointing and blame finding instead of solutions.
Worst place I have ever worked!
Assistant Print Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GASeptember 3, 2014
Low pay, way under staffed, and little to no time off. You work 12 hour shifts on your feet with no breaks. You walk constantly and if you make any mistakes you will be fired.
Pros
Benefits are active the first day.
Cons
Low pay and not enough people to cover if anybody is absent.
very nice people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAJuly 29, 2014
Enjoyed meeting new friends, learning SAP, I also was able to work with our credit department which is something i really enjoyed
Excellent growing company
Southwest Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CaliforniaDecember 6, 2013
A typical day at work is meeting with key decision makers about buying or specifying IVC product in the market. It is also about coaching and supporting the sales reps to grow their business. I try to give them big picture views of the market and the direction of the company. My co-workers are excellent people that support me in any way needed. The management team is also very supportive and I converse directly with the CEO. The hardest part of the job is when I am away from my family for more than 7 days straight due to travel. I travel 80% of the time and enjoy it very much however it is normally 3-5 days a week. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ownership aspect of the position. While I do not have stock in the company I am trusted with a sense of ownership to make the right decision.
Pros
autonomy, 'ownership', travel
Cons
financial
A great company to work for.
Customer Service / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJune 25, 2013
I got the best training at this company than any where I have ever worked....I always had complete training before being moved or anything new being added to my responsibilities. Great benefits and an all around good company to work for.
Pros
Good pay and Benefits and training
Cons
nothing bad to say.