IVCi, LLC

IVCi, LLC Employee Reviews

United States15 reviews
Work place
Director of Department was hung up on degrees. He was not in charge when I was hired but took over division after the fact. He was quick to pick my brain for the 30 plus years experience I had and the success rate I had doing my Job, UNTIL he realized I did not have a degree then attitude changed especially when supervisory position became available. He hired a much less qualified person from outside company for the position because she had a degree. It proved to be a big mistake as it became apparent rather quickly she was not capable of completing the job functions in a timely manor. She also needed far more assistance in keeping up than anyone had time to give her
The Sales Staff was very easy to work with and coordinate efforts to collect from their clients
Pros
Friendly work place, Coffee all day, often treated to lunch, Xmas party for employee & guest Summer Family Picnic plus other event throughout the year
Cons
Management disconnect
Not a great place to work
I worked there for a year and a half and was never introduced to anyone. Pretty much had to meet people as needed .Very Long island type attitudes, some nasty people.
Audio visual Engineer
iVCi is a great place to work. I obtained alot of knowledge about AV and porject management. Also i worked for big commercial corporations like the NBA, Prudential, Emblem health care. Completed the AV project for Verizon head quarters in BaskingRidge, NJ. Extremely skilled orientated and had meet compmay deadlines as professional and efficient ..
IVCI LLC was like a family to me
My department especially became like a family. We all got really close, and participated in each others family events and we had a huge respect for each other and for upper management, everyone in that company works really hard.
Company Lacks Vision
Whatever you do stay away from this organization, they have no traction outside of the New York area. You will be spinning your wheels with this organization. They depend heavily upon their sales team for generating business as they have very little to no marketing efforts. This company's desire is to steal business leads in markets where they have no footprint.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Very quiet atmosphere.
I was given a considerably large allowance with regard to work load management and time, which I truly appreciated. The manager was very nice and agreeable. I learned to explore my skills in a live, real-time career environment.
It was an OK place to work
For the time I was at IVCi I enjoyed working there. I have learned a lot in the field that I worked. With the guidance of my Director. It was a very rewarding time.
Great place
Great place to work. Culture is off but its a great place. You can growth and exec leadership is great. The hurdle is that there are many paths to the owner that can create issues. Very much a friends & family place. Either you're in the club or not.
Pros
Wants to grow
Cons
Too much family & friends culture
Great place to work IF ..
The if pertains to how well you are at the job you get.There is the culture of a small company that routinely punches above its weight. But the clear corporatization that smaller audio-visual companies tend to not have makes it a good mix.
Despite my leaving, I would gladly recommend anyone else work there if they are looking to find a place that encourages learning to stay on top without the cutthroat processes that come with some other places.
Pros
Small team based comradire
Cons
A feeling that bigger and better is out there
Lacking culture, lacking good management, lacking vision
IVCi has lost 50% of their regional sales managers in the last 10 months

They have lost their three biggest accounts in the last 12 months.

90% of their business is existing customers, so if you are hired to manage new business, understand that they will expect you to weave straw into gold.

85% new employee (under 1 year) attrition rate

Complete lack of transparency from management

Lacking technical resources for their sales team

Vastly overinflated pipeline

Recently fired CTO.

Were untruthful during the interview process about the strength of the business, the role and responsibilities, and the company portfolio (they only sell audio visual solutions).

Accepting a role here is not a good idea. Best to avoid, no matter how enticing working from home sounds.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IVCi, LLC?
Fun Place to Work
IVCi has some really enjoyable social events in the summer and during holidays, like the Halloween costume contest and Winter party! At their corporate office, they have bagels for breakfast and pizza for lunch once a week which is pretty nice. A lot of managers are very nice and seem laid back even though it can get really hectic for a lot of departments at certain times in the year. It can feel like there is always a ton of work to be done, but management tries to include fun things beyond the regular parties like holiday gifts, other free food, and rewards for winning employee of the month and participating in their wellness program.
Pros
Free food, nice coworkers and managers
Cons
Can get crazy busy, sometimes tough to be social
Idiotic
Leadership had the bright idea to do away with the competent employees and management and go full fleged into nepotism outsourcing the work to poorly trained subcontractors. Evaluations months late, raises compared to retail jobs. Incompetence condoned, ignored and often rewarded, while competent hard work rewarded with more work. It shows in the falling industry ranking, not a boat you want to be on and keep afloat. The only good thing was that they paid for training, milege, parking and Friday lunch.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Incompetence prevailed
Good company, room for advancement. positive culture and administration
breakfast provided monday mornings.
Lunch provided fridays.

Summer picnic.

Good workplace morale,

flexibility of work/home/family life accomodations [remote work]
Pros
Flexible work environment.
Cons
can feel like the team is stretched thin.
Great Company and Great People
Great Company to work for i was there for over 7 years. I miss a lot of my colleagues, but with new situations that arose I needed to find a new position that would allow me to take time more for my family.
Pros
Great People, Very Professional, and Small Business Atmosphere
Cons
needed time for family issues and wasn't able to take time needed for family medical matters.
Good Company
A Good company, Just again Management is all the place.

No Communication what so ever.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at IVCi, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7