Ivy Tech Community College
80High

Ivy Tech Community College Employee Reviews

United States916 reviews
Best Place I Ever Worked
I moved up rather quickly. Always felt welcomed. Work felt more like family. Everyone was very nice and polite. Ability to advance. Students were great. Awesome benefits. Best place I've ever worked in my career.
Relaxed work environment with supportive coworker
Ivy Tech has been flexible with both personal and educational requirements. They are a great place to work while working towards a degree. I will warn however there is little room for advancement outside of academic faculty.
Pros
Free Microsoft office and printing
Cons
Promotions and raises are rare
Fun workplace and loving co-workers
The workplace culture at Ivy Tech Community College is great! Everyday I would walk in and immediately feel welcomed by my co-workers. There would be times where I almost didn't want to leave work because of how much I would be learning and how much fun I would have.
Enjoyed the student population overall
The student population when I taught here was generally slightly older than the fresh-out-of-high-school student. Many students already had some type of work history and several also had families of their own. I enjoyed teaching these students and only wish I could've gone on to be employed there full-time.
Could be enhanced immensely.
My eclectic style of education enhanced the missing peripheral concepts of psychology. Ancillary issues not only energized students this exposed adult learners to challenge archaic archetypes. Psychology not unlike any modern technology is at risk of theoretical obsolescence. Laptops are passe in 2 yrs.; moreover psychology!
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
It’s an awesome place to work. Faculty get frequently training to improve their work. You get to work with a variety of people from diverse cultures and backgrounds. For me that is an awesome experience.
Great Student environment with a strong staff team
As Supervisor of the Bursars office I was supported by a strong staff environment assisting students in there education and guidance. As departments faced struggles there was always strong communication and staff team work to make the student environment a memorable experience.
You are a part of something larger and helping people change their lives.
Working for Ivy Tech Community College allows a person to feel a sense of accomplishment. The faculty, staff, and students are friendly and the culture is amazing. My co-workers are excellent to work with, and my boss is great! I would recommend working at Ivy Tech to anyone that wants to help make a difference and change lives.
Ivy Tech Community College
I liked the people that I worked with. I had opporrunities to cross-train and learn other jobs, but you need to ask for it. The College can be a good place to work.
Statewide community college system
Ivy Tech was a nice place to work. The pay wasn't stellar, but the retirement, healthcare and vacation benefits made up for the lower pay. They treated me very well and I felt secure in working with the college. Being a statewide education system had its ups and downs; lots of meetings, lots of work taking a long time to accomplish goals and bring change and they struggled to keep up with changing technologies. This could be the case for numerous education systems as well.
Excellent work environment/conditions
Excellent work environment/conditions. Responsive management and colleagues. Wonderful team environment. Commitment to student success and satisfaction.
Supportive Management
During the time, I worked at Ivy Tech, my management was supportive and encouraging. The staff was available to address questions and the climate was accepting to all.
Very productive, really enjoyed my co-workers
Very busy job, but that was one of my favorite things about this position. I loved interacting with the professors/instructors, and I really liked my co-workers.
Caring, compassionate, well worth your time with them. They care about their employees, and make the experience there very enjoyable and a learning experience.
Ivy Tech Community College is the employer of choice in Indiana
Ivy Tech is a great place to work. It is great to give back to the community and students who need help with succeeding in their life goals. The employees - staff and faculty - are highly qualified and look to share best practices.
Great Place to Work
This is a great place to work. A truly exceptional faculty that is passionate and caring about their students and the work that they do. I would alway recommend this as a place of employment.
Faculty
Amazing, caring, compassionate people. Administrators and management willing to assist and are understanding. Multiple professional development opportunities available.
Ivy Tech is a GREAT place to teach!
I have been teaching at Ivy Tech Community College: Madison Campus for a little over a year and I enjoy all the support and encouragement everyone provides. Also getting to teach my students in an online platform can be challenging, but fun. Learning new ways to enhance their learning experience and develop ongoing productive techniques is what Ivy Tech is all about.
No diversity and non profit so nowhere to move up
Working for Ivy Tech was a great experience and happened by me being asked to stay on as staff after I graduated in 2018. I was asked to be the Catering Chef Lab Assistant. Eventually, the job became "landlocked' and I had nowhere to advance.
Teaching is a positive experience; but poorly managed and funded financially.
Teaching is a good experience. However faculty are underpaid and required to teach almost twice the number of classes compared to other colleges. Also the college is poorly funded, so there is never any money for pay raises, equipment or other needs.
Loving and caring team members that helps you learn and succeed!
Ivy Tech is more than a school, Its like home. As a student and employee, I was in a place that I could learn and earn. My teachers were very helpful , with things I needed to complete my job. I worked with students to help them find their studying strengths and weaknesses. I covered all subjects, which I also studied in the Ivy Tech Nursing curriculum.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ivy Tech Community College. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight