Ivy Tech Community College
Happiness rating is 77 out of 100

Ivy Tech Community College Employee Reviews

This is a great place to work and grow.Schedule was great and the staff support fantastic. Open to expanding responsibilities and very good resource support.
Pros
Great atmosphere and eager students
Cons
Following some of the textbooks
I enjoy teaching, and the students are wonderful. Being adjunct anywhere is difficult, and currently enrollment is down across the U.S. As a result there is no job security. It is a nice place to work.
Pros
Nice management
Cons
No benefits for adjuncts
Great benefits. Management out for themselves and they def have favorites. Pay was decent. But if not part of cliq definitely stressful more days then not
Benefits
Cons
Only advancement if in cliq
It was a very laid back lace that was fun to work at. You meet a bunch of different people, have time to work on school work even while you're there and the hours are flexable!
Fun and great place to work. I loved getting to work with new students every day. If your department manager knows their stuff than it is really easy to get everything you need. However, if you aren't working in a "high" priority department than you will have little to no budget. The welding/machining department is severely underfunded
Pros
easy work day, fun environment, good pay
Cons
underfunded
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Foreign students with no understanding of English were allowed to take--and pay for-- English classes for High School graduates. They did not understand anything the class was doing, could not participate. They were allowed to take the assignments home where someone else did the work perfectly. We were expected to accept these assignments and grade according to them and not to count any other factors such as quizzes, class discussions. Tests were taken home also. Complaining to my supervisor got me canned.
Pros
Employment
Cons
Expected to "pitch" for the classes
Ivy Tech Community College is a great place to work, productively, effectively, efficiently with state of art facilities, technologies, good management to employees relationship.Inspiring leadership, discretion degrees of freedom for lecturers and instructors to operate optimally with working monitoring and supervision devices in place for standards to be maintained and sustainable.On the other hand, prospects to have a full time employment for some shades of persons are seemingly nonexistent and general ratio full time to part time very low. Too many long term adjuncts appointments and no hope for full time career educator ambitions to be archived.
Loved my coworkers, the collaboration, students, etc. However advancement can be difficult. Training was thorough, which is always helpful and appreciated
Pros
Atmosphere, colleagues, students
Cons
Room for advancement
For my Department it is a mixture of registering students, pulling reports at times just to name a few. Casual dress. I enjoy the people I work with.
Great pay and benefits along with the ability to move up professionally or across different disciplines if you're looking for a career change. It's a large organization with plenty of room for movement. Plus, time off is really, really good.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Time Off
Cons
Very little work/life balance
This position allowed me to grow and develop my management skills. I learned about hiring and training employees and how large school districts operate.
Pros
students
Cons
benifits
It’s way better than working at Franciscan health. Those guys are the worst employers ever. I am glad Ivy at tech is such as good place to work. Franciscan supports everything that is wrong in the world
When you are in school it is fine as a part-time but its very political and hard to move up even when obtaining degrees. I really enjoyed my co-workers, we were like a family.
Great PT position, hard to get on FT. Good communication and caring direct supervisor. Structure is a little unorganized, hoping they will continue to make positive changes
For the most part, Ivy Tech is a nice place to work. You don't have to come to work sick. You are allowed flexibility to take time off when needed. The work-life balance is pretty good here. Also, coworkers are friendly. Now for the cons. The job can be stressful. Some of the students are the most difficult I have ever dealt with. I sometimes work alone in the office, which makes it more difficult.
Pros
Work-life balance, pretty good supervisor
Cons
Extremely irate students can cause anxiety
Ivy Place is an excellent place to work because of several reasons. They are concerned about their employees receiving fair and equitable treatment. They provide ample resources to faculty and students to strive for academic success.
Pros
Excellent resources for faculty and students
Cons
Low salary
The pay for adjuncts are extremely low. No career advancements were available to me after working for the company for 7 years. My skills were not utilized at the college.
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Ivy Tech Community College is greatPay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Ivy Tech Community College are amazingJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Ivy Tech Community College, I think that is very easy to stay here and make a career out of itCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Ivy Tech Community College is key. Teamwork is neededOverallMy experience working at Ivy Tech Community College has been amazing. Wouldnt leave my job anytime soon
It's a great place to work. Compensation and benefits are excellent. With any place of employment, there is always room for improvement, but overall it's a great experience.
Pros
Fee tuition
Cons
Not flexible
I loved teaching culinary at Ivy Tech. It was a dream come true for me. Then instructors with less experience and some that we my students replaced me. At first I was hurt and I didn’t understand and I still don’t know what happened but I accepted it and moved on.
Pros
Exceptional educational facility
Cons
Politics and inequality
It has been so had to work for a place that doesn't communicate procedures and plans down to the those of us that are in a face to face with the students. I feel the organization has chosen not to value and protect great employees.
Pros
Vacation time is the best I've ever seen
Cons
Management and organization!