Ivy Tech Community College Employee Reviews

Ambinte divertido
Ingeniero de pruebas mecanicas (Former Employee) –  Marion County, INAugust 6, 2018
excelente trato, amplia libertad de aplicar mis conocimientos y adquirir nuevos, apoyo en todo momento de jefe directo.
Pros
experiencia internacional
Cons
ninguno
Productive and fun environment
Career Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 31, 2018
Sitting at a computer for long periods of time meeting with students and consulting about academic and career aspirations. The most enjoyable part of the job was the 180 success driven attitude that students took on after engaging with the office in any capacity.
Pros
Laid back
great place to work
Online Technology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 26, 2018
great place to work and learn. the office had a ping pong table and was a very collaborative open environment. the new open environment encouraged advancement in each department
Pay is terrible
Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJuly 23, 2018
The pay was about half of what I made in my day job. I liked helping people with the coursework. There was very little organization and the communication was even worse.
Fun learning campus
Member of Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 19, 2018
I enjoyed being a student at Ivy Tech and I was very happy to be apart of the team there. The teachers were very great and informative,. I learned a lot at Ivy Tech and I found it very helpful
Pros
Fun learning environment
Cons
2 year college
Difficult culture
Administrative Staff (Former Employee) –  Gary, IN 46409July 18, 2018
poor internal communications create inconsistency between departments. many supervisors not trained in their current position, internal promotion often based on friendships not experience.
Low Pay and Disparity in Salaries Across Gender
Assistant Professor of Psychology (Former Employee) –  IndianaJuly 18, 2018
Ivy Tech has good benefits; however, there is a great disparity in pay across departments and recent versus older hires. Also, there exists a broad gender gap in pay with men making more than women. Ivy Tech tends to promote a business model applied to education, which creates issues with collaboration, knee-jerk changes without considering unintended consequences.

As a PhD, I can make significantly more money somewhere else and feel more valued. If you have other offers, consider them first.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Low Pay, Paternal Authoritative Management style, Not Valued by Adminstration
Disconnect between adjunct faculty and full time faculty
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INJuly 16, 2018
During my time at Ivy Tech, the college was undergoing many changes and restructuring. If I had not been in a second part-time role as an administrative assistant, I would never have known about nor been informed of the major changes going on.

The pay for adjunct faculty is very nice and is competitive with similar positions.

I loved the welcoming environment that I received as an admin assistant. I felt respected and useful, something that I lacked from my direct supervisor in my adjunct role.
Pros
Knowledgeable faculty
Cons
Disconnect between faculty, lack of leadership
We truly work as a team
Copy Center Operator (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 16, 2018
Good place to work, get along w/staff, and everyone treat each other with respect. My hours are flexible at this time, hoping to be able to get more hours.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Need more hours.
Student culture
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Sellersburg, INJuly 14, 2018
The majority of students were engaged and diligent about their studies. There is a very diverse collection of students in each class. I would recommend any Master's level graduate to investigate an adjunct position with Ivy Tech.
Good Place to Work
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 14, 2018
Staff are friendly and fun to work with. Management supportive. Area is clean and safe inside and out. I really like the fact that security in available at all times.
Pros
Free parking, security, clean, great health insurance and educational benefits for you and family.
Cons
Feel curriculum needs to be advanced, afraid competition going to overcome Ivy Tech.
Fast paced
Clerical Staff (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, InJuly 10, 2018
Ivy Tech prides its self on getting the students engaged on campus. It is a proven fact that the more you are engaged on campus the better your chances are at succeeding.
Pros
Great for networking academic development as well as personal development.
Loved my school
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJuly 9, 2018
Loved going through college there. Everybody was amazing and understanding because I was pregnant going to college. My teachers were amazing and my class mates were amazing.
Pros
Everybody
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Welcoming group of people
N/A (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 9, 2018
I have been working at Ivy Tech for almost 3 years and there is one thing I know to stay consistent, the employees are helpful to one another and nice to employees who are onboarding. There are a couple bad apples but every place has that, nowhere is perfect. I have enjoyed Ivy Tech but I think it is my time to find a change. My department is small and while I get along with everyone else, I feel like my department doesn't like me that much. It is a weird vibe...

Hopefully you do not fall into that situation. It is not fun.
Pros
Pto, Benefits, Week off over Chrismas break
Cons
Some employees are not friendly, hopefully you do not end up on a team like that!
Productive Workplace
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJuly 4, 2018
Management good. Workplace culture seems to be positive. The most enjoyable part of the job is teaching young minds. The hardest part is teaching online and not face to face. With that said, it's convenient to teach online.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 2, 2018
Ivy Tech is a great place to work. They have a great work/life balance and there is something for everyone who would like to work there. The environment is clean and neat.
Very Relaxed place to work
Learning Resource Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INJune 22, 2018
Overall pretty laid back and professional environment. Not usually stressful unless there was testing going on. The coworkers were nice and it was a pretty enjoyable experience.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
No cons
A Balance of Work and School
TUTOR/LAB TECH (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJune 21, 2018
Working as a tutor for Ivy Tech Community College, provided a great way to gain some money to help with college as well continue my advancement of skills and knowledge. Ivy Tech Community College allowed for critical thinking on my behalf helping students solve problems or achieve the look for their projects. As well further my knowledge by learning knew ways to achieve a look in Adobe Programs.
An excellent way to gain experience
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 16, 2018
I worked this job while I was attending classes. One of my professors saw my passion for science and the quality of my work and offered me a position. I did not work overly long hours, but the experience I gained working in that lab, combined with what I learned in the classroom, helped propel me forward in my career and educational goals. I was able to work mostly autonomously and set my schedule around class time. If you have the opportunity or want some experience before working in the industry, I would highly recommend seeking part-time employment at the school.
it was a ok place to work at
Full time Student (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJune 16, 2018
i was there for only a short time. the place was ok for the time i was there. the people there was very helpful and would help me if i had any questions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ivy Tech Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2