Ivy Tech Community College Employee Reviews

It is a very quiet, and calm place to work.
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marion, INApril 15, 2019
A typical day at work would be sitting at the library desk. People will come up to the desk to ask questions like "What printer do I use?" "Where are the restrooms?" "Where are the faculty offices?" I log every question that is asked and I press a clicker to keep track of how many people enter the library every day. My job is fairly easy. The management is great here. The only hard part of my job is having to work till closing, which is at 9 p.m.
Pros
I don't have to be up on my feet for the entire day.
Cons
Having to work till 9 p.m. on most nights.
Part Time work
Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INApril 11, 2019
For a part time job it couldn't be any better. The pay could of been a little better but all in all great part time job. I'm only leaving because the collage is dissolving my position.
Pros
very flexible work schedule
Cons
lack of solid leadership
Hard to get on permanently
Institutional Research Junior Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 10, 2019
It is so difficult to get a permanent position. I tried for 4 years and failed. The pay is not that great but the other benefits are pretty good especially if you want to further your education.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement beats 4 year universities
Cons
Pay is not that great.
Ivy tech s.I.
Success Center Tutor (Former Employee) –  Madison, INApril 9, 2019
Working with the students has been one of the greatest teaching experiences of my life! This has been an incredible experience and I am so grateful for the friends and mentors that I gained while working at Ivy Tech.
Writing a newspaper
Ivy Tech Newspaper (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 8, 2019
I loved being a reporter-the health reporter, that is. I used to wrote newspaper articles about Fitness, sports and nutrition. Exercise is very important for healthy lifestyle. As a reporter of the Ivy Tech Newspaper, I wanted to support that logic.
Good job, meet a diverse group of people
Math Professor (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INApril 6, 2019
Attention to detail is key. You are basically your own boss, so you have to own the level of responsibility and treat each student with kindness and respect. Grade fairly and timely!
Pros
Meeting many different types of people, Being your own boss
Cons
No benefits, not many hours
good
General English and ESL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 6, 2019
good place to work. The management team provides all the there resources the teaching staff need to accomplish the teaching duties including supplies and computer lab access
Standard pitfalls of academia, but some great people
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INApril 4, 2019
Jobs in academia have some fairly standard pitfalls, and Ivy Tech is no exception to this, but there are some great people who work here. There are also some of the other sort. You can easily tell the ones who care about the students and the work that they are doing - if only the administration could identify them too! It is hard to fill the classrooms with teachers willing to work for the pay offered at community colleges though, and you get a wide range of abilities and enthusiasm.
Overall, I loved the time I spent teaching at the college despite the standard issues.
Pleasant Experience
Testing Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INApril 3, 2019
Was able to learn new computer programs like Excel and how to make more use of my email by organizing tests, teacher requests and more. Enjoyed assisting students to take their mid-terms & finals.
Pros
Easy going Enviromnent
Best Job I Ever Had
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INApril 1, 2019
Super chill and easy to work with. Just wish it paid more or I would still be doing it. Very flexible schedule and some of the most amazing people you will ever work with.
Never worked at IVY Tech
Student (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 22, 2019
I was a student at Ivy Tech. Never worked there. Department of Workforce Development allowed employees to take Technical classes at Ivy Tech to advance personal skills at work.
Student/community focused environment
Nursing Labs Coordinator, Adjunct Nursing & other. (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INMarch 21, 2019
Provided great benefits.
Top administration conscientious and always focus on student and employee needs
Because it is a community college limited positions in nursing
Many friends there after 10 years at all levels
Met my goal of beginning to teach in Nursing Education program
Safe facility
Enjoyable to work in academia where employees dedicated to job with focus on student needs
Nice clean work envrionment.
Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INMarch 17, 2019
Fast paced work environment. Co-workers, management and professors were all helpful and fun to be around. The students were all respectful and fun to be around.
Pros
The students were fun to be around and kept you on your toes.
Cons
A lot of paper work
Good job with great benefits
IT SUPPORT LEVEL 2 (Current Employee) –  Systems OfficeMarch 12, 2019
Ivy Tech is a pretty good place to work, with some of the best benefits I have seen available to all full-time employees. The work environment is good, and all departments tend to work well together.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Can be difficult to rise up
Life as an Adjunct
Adjunct Professor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, IN 46805March 12, 2019
An Adjunct creates his/her own lesson plan, quizzes and writing assignments. First year students are needy, but always wanting to progress. Some students will try to get you to work outside of office hours. Be careful about this as it tends to suck time from your home life
Lifelong Workplace Environment
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 10, 2019
If you were looking for a long-term career, that has excellent benefits and culture. Choose Ivy Tech. I loved it there! Excellent place for a lifelong career and supports the family.
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
Multiple Campuses
Just a student work study
School of Nursing Simulation Lab Work Study (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INMarch 8, 2019
I enjoyed my time working at Ivy Tech. I was hired as the SIM lab work study my second semester of nursing school. I enjoyed interacting with the new students and the professors.
Great Company...
Part Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INMarch 7, 2019
I have enjoyed working here; however, there isn't much opportunity for me to advance in my career. I love working here and they have great administration and employees, but it's hard working part time with no benefits for little-to-nothing on the hour.
Pros
Free lunches, personal development opportunities, etc.
Good place to work. The school is constantly changing.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Evansville, Indiana, CampusMarch 6, 2019
Ivy Tech Community College is a good place to work. The college is undergoing constant self evaluation and change to meet the needs of its students and faculty. As an adjunct instructor it was ideal.
Great insitution to work for
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Gary, INMarch 1, 2019
This program has great education path for students. Great work environment personnel reasons for leaving I really enjoyed sharing my knowledge with students.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ivy Tech Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight