Ivy Tech Community College Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
I love what I do
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INApril 21, 2018
I love being an adjunct professor. I love working with students. However, they only let you take four classes a semester and the pay is only around 650 biweekly with those 4 classes. If I could take more classes I could make it work.
Pros
Easy going, fun classes, great environment, awesome supervisors
Cons
Low pay
HIghly personalized, flexible, welcoming
Supplemental Instructor (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 19, 2018
My time as an employee at Ivy Tech has been an incredibly rewarding experience in terms of career, academic, and personal goals. Both positions afforded me flexibility in my employed methods, challenged both my work skills and academic knowledge, and laid a groundwork for what I see as my eventual career path: higher education. Management allows us to conduct our responsibilities in the manner we deem most effective within the parameters defined for us, and our 'tutoring society' is more of a family that a detached network of coworkers. Our days as tutors are quite simple: we assist any students who come to us and tend to the tutoring room in the absence of students. Supplemental instruction, while similar, is more rigorous: we attend a given class, take notes, assist in lecture, and offer structured supplemental lessons outside of class.
Pros
atmosphere, career relevance, work freedom
Cons
lack of hours and benefits
Relaxed job for bright students
Supplemental Instruction Leader, Mathematics (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 16, 2018
This is by far the best job for full time students. As an SI leader, you get paid to hold study sessions for a class that you have already done well in. The bosses are phenomenal, and there are snacks!
Pros
Helping students succeed
A decent place to work
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INApril 15, 2018
It is a decent place to work. My boss was awesome. every week was something different. The instructors there come from varying parts of the industry and make the job there interesting.
Instructor
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INApril 15, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Ivy Tech College. I began working there right after graduation in 2012 and worked there until my husband and I left to relocate and semi retire.
Review
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INApril 13, 2018
Temporary job - training was not included with hiring or onboarding. A lot of time outside of work was expected for lesson plan development compared to the compensation.
I am workstudy
Print Office – Workstudy (Current Employee) –  Sellersburg, INApril 10, 2018
I am workstudy. This is a great option if you need some money but are a full-time student; they will work around class schedules. End of semesters can get a bit hectic though.
Student Makes the Difference
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 10, 2018
I feel that Ivy Tech is at the forefront of providing exceptional educational opportunities to our community and I am thankful to be a part of this organization.
Pros
Accessibility, employee involvement
Amazing place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 9, 2018
Ivy Tech Community college gave me one of the best working place experience's I have ever had. Not only do you have more opportunities to continue your education, but every moment with each staff member is genuine and professional.
Pros
Great staff appreciation, flexible hours, teamwork, and very professinal
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 6, 2018
I enjoy working with all the staff in the Student Life Building. Everyone is so friendly, and we all take care of each other. If you are a student who is eligible for work-study take the chance. They work around your class schedule and are flexible.
Mathematics and Psychology Tutor (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INApril 4, 2018
10/10 recommend. This is a place that cares about your needs and gives you the time off if requested. A great place for current college students to work.
Great place to learn in your field of study
Student Worker/Administrative Services (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 1, 2018
I spent four years working in Adm. Svc. and it was a learning experience well taken. Great place as a student to earn extra money along with working on things in your field of study.
Pros
Great boss
Cons
Couldn't obtain a permanent position
good place to study
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 1, 2018
Had a good experience while attending classes here. Had several good teachers that wanted me to succeed in the classroom and in life. Used this degree to advance my career
Great working environment
Adjunct Instructor/ Adjunct Instructor Online (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 28, 2018
Enjoyed working as an Adjunct Instructor. As a contract employee, I could basically make my own schedule, which was nice. The Program Chair(s) were always nice and helpful. The downside to contract is no benefits.
Pros
Decent pay and could pick up as many classes as I wanted
Cons
No benefits
College is more convenience
IT Help Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marion, INMarch 22, 2018
Ivy-tech is best school, I have achieved my AAS of Computer information system degree from there. Community school are very inexpensive to achieve a degree.
goverment grant
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 21, 2018
Worked for Engineering Dept. and CAD(computer assisted drafting) dept. a year for each.

For the CAD dept. i cleaned room, computers and helped others with cad projects. also took care of 3D printer.

For engineering dept. i cleaned area, programed robots, set up mazes for robots for first year students. also made molds and tons more stuff.
Pros
make my owe hours.
Cons
goverment gant paid low.
Very Relaxed
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Goshen, INMarch 19, 2018
My job at Ivy Tech is very relaxing and self past. I tend to be very creative so I'm able to express my creativity with in my work. Its very easy and a fun place to work, however there is some problems when it comes to feeling like you are doing much more then you should be doing for a low pay.
Pros
Nice People, Relaxing, Self Past, Fun
Cons
Low Pay, Not enough Hours, No food
Relaxed and Nice Work place
Chemistry Instructor - Full-time faculty (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 14, 2018
Good workplace but growth opportunity are less. No-one micromanages you. Work quite independently. Co-operative work culture. for retirement benefits, you have to work and wait until for 2 years.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Slow growth opportunity
A great environment for creative individuals
Federal Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  East Chicago, INMarch 8, 2018
I thoroughly enjoy my employment at Ivy Tech Community College, mainly because of the people I get to work with. The atmosphere is relaxed most of the time, and when necessary, everyone comes together as a team and gets their jobs done.

My supervisor is amazing and is always there to help students that need it. I am very grateful for the work experience I have had here and I hope I may come back to teach here after graduation and my experience.
Comfortable Work Environment
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Franklin, INMarch 6, 2018
Everyone at Ivy Tech knows everyone else. There is a feeling of family around the campus. Everyone is considerate to each other and they are usually very professional. However, there is little to no chance for advancement.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, comfortable environment
Cons
no advancement opportunities