IXL Learning Employee Reviews

Excellent Job Place
Forex Trader (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 8, 2019
Forex Trading is making money on your own time. It’s helpful to strain away from the 9-5 work force. Younger Generational advancements. Its always helpful to understand it
amazing working experience
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCNovember 13, 2019
Loved working there. The environment was friendly and helpful. Employees as well as managers willing to work with you to get the job done correctly. They are very team oriented.
Great Job low pay
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, MISeptember 29, 2019
Working as a preschool teacher at IXL was a great work experience. Great environment, awesome coworkers, the parents were so nice. It was a really fun place to work
Pros
Great environment, super flexible with my schedule
Cons
Low pay!!
Meaningful work but unstable and outdated
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 3, 2019
Ed-tech is a fulfilling field. Company mission is admirable and you will work with passionate people from diverse backgrounds. But the company seems rudderless as of late, with frequent re-orgs. And the tech stack is very outdated in many ways. Very high turnover rate, little interest in retention, but a great springboard to bigger companies for juniors.
Toxic culture
Customer success (Former Employee) –  NCMay 30, 2019
Constantly belittled and micromanaged instead of being trusted to do your job. No room for advancement and pay is laughable for what you are expected to do. Low morale.
Pros
Some neat people that are not in management
Cons
Poor management, lack of respect, low morale
a lot of work for very little pay
Account Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 20, 2019
The people at the company were very fun and supportive, however I was often staying late after my day should have ended to finish work passed to me from other individuals within the company. With no benefits and only $10 per hour pay, I felt that the amount of work asked of us was not adequate.
Pros
lots of work parties, energetic people
Cons
no benefits, little pay, lots of work that was not always fairly distributed
Extremely friendly workplace
Teacher Membership Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 21, 2019
A typical day at IXL is filled with smiling faces. I work in a high-energy environment helping deliver appropriate information on product features to customers via phone calls and e-mails. Friendly and caring management take their time to get to know you and help personal development.

Workplace culture is the best part of the job. There are so many clubs and events going on at all times.
Unprofessional and unorganized
Prospect (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCDecember 19, 2018
Management is unprofessional and unorganized, especially in how they talk to you, especially the hiring manager. They want your life be clubs and work
Pros
Benefits, break, and cleanliness of the place
Cons
Everything else, hourly pay and salary pay, management, energy of the room, distance
Hated to leave
Subscription Renewal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 25, 2018
I had a wonderful time in my role as a Subscription renewal specialist. My renewal team manager was fantastic and the company has a young, adaptive, highly intelligent sales team. I loved the weekly company outings, game nights, and holiday parties. They truly appreciate their employees.
Pros
Ability to work from home if needed. Time off is very flexible.
Cons
Very busy fall and fairly slow spring, mirroring the school year. Planning is a must!
Great office environment, interesting product
Art Coordinator - Social Studies (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJune 21, 2018
IXL provides employees with every benefit possible to be productive team members. There is a strong emphasis placed on building strong relationships with your team-members and employee happiness. I was impressed with the focus on keeping lines of communication between management and staff very open. It showed that internal communication was a priority for the company. Their overall workforce is very young, with many new hires directly out of school.
Pros
great benefits, strong focus on internal team communication
Hire/fire culture
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMay 10, 2018
IXL does not have a solid business plan - I was moving to NC from out of state and they hired me in the beginning of the month. Five days before my start date, they decided to take away my job offer due to a sudden "change in business plans," and I was told by email. Make sure to get everything in writing and be SURE they actually need to hire someone before putting in your two weeks or moving to a new area.
Cons
Unprofessional HR
Fun, collaborative, creative work at the intersection of education and tech.
Content Editor (freelance) (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMarch 5, 2018
IXL Learning is a technology company in the first place, and has established very good standards for coding conventions, engineering principles, internal tools, etc. You definitely get the chance to grow yourself to become a better engineer.
In addition, you'll have smart and friendly coworkers, good work life balance, great product, and challenging projects to work on.
Good Environment
Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCOctober 8, 2017
Great manager and coworkers. Can be quite busy at times, but nothing too stressful. The work environment is nice and helps to promote growth within the company.
Rapidly growing, has potential
Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJuly 27, 2017
Typical day included a daily stand-up, working on project tasks in my queue, lunch, a meeting or two, and then some more time to work. I learned to work with many new technologies. Management always seemed disjointed, which resulted in poor project and time management. Inconsistent workplace culture among different teams and divisions of the company. The hardest part of the job was gauging expectations and setting standards for the product. Despite the lack in diversity, the most enjoyable part of the job was making new friends.
Pros
Free drinks, company socials
Cons
Lacks diversity, below average pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IXL Learning. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight