J&B Group Employee Reviews

Great Place to Move Up
Human Resource Recruiter Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Michael, MNJuly 13, 2018
As an Intern I was treated with respect considering I was only there for the Summer. The Human Resource department was very helpful when giving me the necessary tools I needed in order to excel in my Internship. The overall culture of J&B is friendly and team-oriented.
Pros
I was able to obtain skills needed to further my professional career goals.
Secondary Income
Salaried Professional (Former Employee) –  Saint Michael, MNDecember 11, 2018
A great place for college educated folks that are the household's secondary income. If you're only other options are to work retail so that you can drop off and pick up the kids from school, leave to take them to their doctor's appointments, transport them to activities. stay home when they are sick, and attend school programs, J&B is very flexible about that. The handful of people that are single get stuck covering the extra workload, but they'll either leave before they are vested for 401K, or they will get their turn to return the favor later when you are still working there to pay for your kids' college education.

May not be the best place for folks that are making sure that there is a warm roof over their family's heads, food on the table, clothes on their backs, and the car has gasoline and maintained. If you don't mind making 20% below the rest of the industry with raises that don't keep up with cost of living, and your income is not critical to support the family, you might enjoy the environment working in customer service, accounting, or human resources.

A second job is strongly discouraged in a passive aggressive environment where voluntary activities are anything but. HR is watching closely what and how much is being placed in the toy, clothing, and food drives by whom, and that you are attending off-hours activities with proper enthusiasm.

If they can find someone to do your job cheaper, they will replace you. That cute little intern that filled in while you were on vacation last summer may very well take your job when she finishes her degree in
  more... the spring, especially if you may be getting close to vesting on the 401K or have raised questions about your salary. Keep a smile on your face, play nice, and don't ask too many questions and you will do fine so long as you stay cute. You may even get promoted to your boss' job if you play your cards right!  less
Pros
employee purchase of overstock and distressed inventory at wholesale
Cons
wages not competitive for area's high cost of living
Fun receptionst job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Saint Michael, MNApril 1, 2018
I worked as a receptionist part time which allowed me to exam all departments with in J&B Group so that when it was time for me to advance my career and go full time I would know which department to work in. I enjoyed my job as a receptionist however, I became bored quickly and was able to work with multiple departments to help with any work they needed back up on. This allowed to fill in any down time I had as well as develop relationships with all of the departments with in J&B Group.
Pros
Good hours, nice work culture, meeting all staff within company
Cons
slow work pace
fun competitive workplace
General Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Pipestone, MNMarch 18, 2018
while the day may seem to drag on you can always rely on your fellow coworkers to liven up your day. pays well and always have room for advancement. and an upper management that genuinely cares for the employees before the work.
Pros
i played tetris all day every day
Cons
i played tetris all day every day
Great People and Products
Systems Engineer M3 ERP (Former Employee) –  Saint Michael, MNApril 13, 2018
Working on the IT Team for J&B was fun. The People that I worked with is what made the job. I was working on the ERP system and was able to learn alot about how it functions thanks to a great Manager and coworkers. Hardest part of the Job was coding for me, I had awesome coworkers to help me through. The outstanding culture and people that made up the culture is what makes it worth working at J&B.
Great company in an every changing industry
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Michael, MNMarch 10, 2018
J&B is a family owned company with many great employees. They are on the up and up in an ever changing industry. I learned great customer service skills here and made many life-long friends. It was a great experience working with nation wide customers.
Pros
Employee purchase benefit, great benefits, wonderful co-workers
Cons
Can be stressful at times
Muy bueno
Cortador de carne (Former Employee) –  Pipestone, MNJuly 21, 2018
Muy buena compania me encanto trabajar ahi todos son muy amables
Out with the old and in with the new.
office (Former Employee) –  Saint Michael, MNMarch 9, 2015
If they can find someone to replace you that they can pay less, they will. Be careful when taking a vacation, the person covering you might be your replacement. Used to be a good company to work for, new upper management brought in that cares only about increasing profits and cares little about customer service and treating employees with respect.
Pros
average benefits, employee purchase program
Cons
low job security, low morale, frustrating computer system, very difficult to get a raise
Competetive and fast paced
Manufacturing Warehouse/ Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  13200 43rd St. NE, St. Michael, MN 55376February 23, 2018
Every day as a warehouse worker, you are expected to pick a certain amount of packages an hour. when you start out you are not going to be able to keep up with all the other people. after 30 days, depending on how much improvement you have made is what determines if they will keep you as a worker
Great Benefits
Associate Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 19, 2017
Great benefits working here, they really care about your well being and health. Managers have no idea what they are doing. Company is all about employees being involved, but don't listen to any ideas or complaints.
Benefits
Cons
Managers
friendly people to work with - hard working people
buyer (Former Employee) –  St. MichaelJuly 17, 2014
A typical day at J&B was going through inventory levels, checking suggested orders and looking for any issues that may need action right away. I would check shortages and also inventory that looked to be an issue and go into the warehouse to make sure product was rotated properly.
I negotiated with suppliers on making sure sales had the best price to sell to their customers so we could maximize profit.
The hardest part of the job was working with a couple suppliers that had production issues due to them trying to supply too many companies with product.
The most enjoyable part was working with the people and the day to day excitement of never having 2 days the same
Pros
employee discounts, samples to test and try
Cons
there was some down time and I like to stay busy
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  St Michael,MNMay 6, 2014
Everyone works well as a team and goals are always met. Great Benefits, always finding good ways to keep all employees educated
Logistics
Logistics Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Michael, MNJuly 9, 2017
Fast paced, department lack of leadership, fun, love the company, love their values, game room, great people, local, pay is a bit low, room to move and grow
J&B has a great, casual culture and has been a wonderful place to work.
Certified Research Chef/Corporate Chef (Current Employee) –  St. Michael, MNMay 8, 2013
Each day is different in research & development which makes each day interesting. A typical day could involve any of the following: product & concept development, recipe development, product applications, product presentations to customers, food styling for photo shoots, assisting with pilot product runs or new product runs or attending food shows or conferences.
wasn' t a enjoyable place to be
packager (Former Employee) –  Saint Michael, MNJune 21, 2013
I didn't really like it here because I didn't have a set time to start my time was always different everyday and I like starting around the same time everyday not 6 am one day and 8:30 the next
its a nice place to work,safety and friendly
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  st michael MinnesotaMarch 1, 2013
well work in J&B its very nice because all the supervisor,line liders, co workers and managers are nice and good persons, in this place i learn a lot of ting from packaging to warehouse and i didn't feel any hard part because i was enjoyed my job
fast moving company
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Saint Michael, MNDecember 12, 2016
Fast paced numbers driven work force, work in a freezer and have to move quickly to make certain goals through your shift.
worked for 27 years and just got layed off
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Saint Michael, MNAugust 26, 2013
buy goods to be sold by sales
I learned all on the job
hardsest part of the job was to keep inventory at a good leaved with out running out
working with the staff
workplace
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Pipestone, MNApril 21, 2015
schedule was always the same. if changes was posted weeks in advance.
hardest part was working in the cold.
it made the day go by faster.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J&B Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about