J Morrissey Employee Reviews

J Morrissey
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTNovember 8, 2018
Great company to work for. The staff is always trying to help you find a great job. The only thing is most of the jobs available are about a 45 minute to an hour drive away.
Pros
Staff is very professional
Cons
Most jobs are a long distance commute
Ok
Admin Associate(Case Coordination) (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 14, 2018
Good place to work , fast paced, efficient, they really care about workers , don’t take long to find placement , great pay per company , we’ll worth it
Pros
Quick gind
Cons
Temporary
very unstable work environment
Prior Authorization/Medical Records Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 28, 2017
Unable to defend yourself too much belief in the employers assessment not realistic and no long term work opportunities available. Very little pay for tons of work
Pros
Cons
everything
organized, caring
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 29, 2017
I have been working with this company a short while but they seem to be really on the ball and will match a job with employee expectancies very nicely.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 30, 2017
forklift operator, shiping orders , receiving orders, management , inspection forklift, supervisor area ,cleaning my area, paper corrector, material handle, machine operator, saw electric ,saw battery , air nail gun, picking orders
Temporary Employee Placement Services
CONSULTANT (FREELANCE) (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 30, 2016
Average temporary placement services. Work environments are professional. Permanent staff members tended to be very helpful and inclusive.
Pros
Job placement opportunities
Cons
not benefit oriented due to short-term assignments.
Productive and fun workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTMay 13, 2015
This has been My first time working for this temp agency and I have enjoy working for them. My Rep is very and nice and has been very helpful to me. The Clinic I am working for is a very productive and fun work place. Its very busy at times working with our Residents and Doctors. My Manager and Co workers are very nice. And its a very learning experience working with different Doctors and work flow.
Great company keeps me working and helps in my quest for permanent employment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 10, 2013
Every job I have done so far has taught me additional skills, or helped enhance those I had. The people are very particular about placement of employees, many satisfied former customers. In the past they helped me during my job hunt, and I'm excited about the opportunities they give me.
Cons
Not a ton of temp to perm positions, but enough to give me hope.
Diligent on finding good positions.
Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTOctober 24, 2012
The recruiter was great in finding decent jobs that match your skills. The have lengthy assignments which are good if you are trying to find your career or finish school.
Pros
rate of pay on the low side
Cons
good benefits if you have a lengthy assignment.
Great temp agency with people that actually care about getting you work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  HARTFORD/WATERBURY/WATERTOWN/ CTJuly 30, 2012
I've had the pleasure of working in many different medical facilities, including specialty practices. It gave me a chance to really use my skills and aquire new ones. I've learned alot from the peole I have met and worked with along way. The people at j morrissey try hard to find you work and follow up with you once your hired to see how your adjusting. They genuinely care about getting you back to work. Its been a great experience for me.
Pros
job versatility, different location, good pay
Cons
breaks of unemployment, job insecurity
Staffing Agent's that are paid just for filling the spot
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJune 14, 2012
I had my resume on file with this staffing firm and though I was already employed they approached me for another position. The position I had been in at the time was not utilizing my skills as I had hoped and the new position offered seemed more suited for my background. JMorrissey staff called me everyday until I submitted my resignation to the previous job. I started as an Account Manger for several Clients of Oakleaf that had not been seen to in about 6 months due to under-staffing. Within 6 weeks I had gotten all the accounts up to date as well as some substantial credits back to Oakleaf for unapproved work. About 7:30 on a Tues night I received a call that the position had been ended and I was thanked for all my hard work. It was clear they had simply wanted someone to come in and clean up the mess and had no intention of making it a full time position as I was told initially. When I asked about retrieving my things my agent said he would get them by Friday. When I arrived at JMorrissey to pick them up that Friday evening they informed me that they were so sorry but Oakleaf threw them away, these things included some dishware that belonged to an inherited set from my Grandmother who had passed the year before. Oakleaf offered no apology. I have never worked for JMorrissey again!
Pros
pay is appropriate per job title.
Cons
agents are paid for filling slots so no job security.