J and D Ultracare

Working at J and D Ultracare: 19 Reviews

United States19 reviews

Best pediatric agency out there IMO

I’ve worked over 25 years with the agency , sometimes per diem and other times full time , there’s always work and the office staff really care about you . Would highly recommend!!

Pros

Work when you want

Cons

You don’t get paid If your sick

What is the best part of working at the company?They had supervisor who will teach you new skills What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Schedule manager was disorganized and keep giving assignments and change themWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Lack of training and stressful work conditions What is a typical day like for you at the company?I worked in fild so don’t have to deal with office people

J and D Ultracare insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Met some nice nurse's during my home care cases.

No management support, new supervisor wasn't nice, I loved working with the patients. family members can be difficult, no perks working for a nursing agency...

Pros

Make your own hours

Cons

No perks

Management is nice and flexible. They can work around your schedule and provide cases within your area. However, the medical benefits are way too expensive for one individual. One top of that, nurses should get paid more and need incentives to stay.

Pros

Good management

Cons

Benefits are expensive and low pay

A good place to work!

I have worked for J & D for 10 years and they have treated me very fairly. Their salary is competitive. The office staff is efficient and friendly. The office in Suffern is very nice. The agency is available to help 24 hours a day and can be accessed quickly.

Management doesn't appreciate employees

Use to be a great company...slowly going downhill 😔 management doesn't back up employees when needed..no payment if you go down for a meeting with supervisor about patient.. No Health insurance, but offered with deductions from your paycheck.

Good place to work especially if you are looking for flexibility.

I've been working with J&D since 2014. In that time management has proven to be organized and behind it's nursing staff in the field. Providing educational opportunities and a variety of home care cases. It affords me the flexibility I look for in a position as well as decent pay.

Excellent home care agency

Great opportunity to work autonomously. Strong critical thinking skills required. Opportunities to learn, in-services and trainings available, plus low cost on-site renewal of BLS, etc. Office staff is qualified and professional. Flexible hours based on your availability.

Pros

Interesting placements

Cons

No pay raises

Very organized place to work with friendly staff.

I have worked for this company for almost 19 years. I enjoyed being an adjunct nurse educator, utilization reviews, and performing patient care in a home care setting. I became close to families while caring for their child and found this job extremely rewarding. This company promotes longevity and they are a supportive group to work for.

I think is a great company.

Great team!!' A lot of support from managers, supervisors and other nurses Company really care about their clients and their families. Nurses don't have benefits so that is a negative and mileage not paid by company not good no school reimbursement from company negative

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at J and D Ultracare?

Wonderful Place to Work

I work at J&D Ultracare part time/per-diem as a Field Reigstered Nurse. This is truly a wonderful home care agency, specializing in pediatric and adult patients diagnosed with complex medical conditions. The opportunities to gain clinical skills is limitless, and the diverse patients J&D serves provides excellent oppportunities to enhance critical thinking and clinical skills. I would highly recommend J&D Ultracare for their caring and professional environment. Everyone with whom I have worked are truly experts in their nursing skills. I feel privileged to work for J&D Ultracare.

Pros

Excellent clinical and learning opportunities, professional and caring management team.

Cons

No cons.

Professional

J&D's staffing are caring and professional. You are well trained prior to being left one on one with patients. New nurses are also welcomed and well trained.

Enjoyed taking care of my pediatric patient

Love interacting and see the improvement on my patient while being taken care at home. The family needs all the support and guidance to continue to stay home rather than institutions.

Private duty.

Staff position doing private duty. At the time it was steady work. Your experience will depend on the client and the family. You do not have to accept any assignment you do not want.

Flexible

flexible scheduling, provides cases to fit your needs, pay is not bad, but no benefits, paid time off or direct deposit, but do have weekly pay and everything is paper.

Rn

Great agency to work for. Extremely professional and well run. The staff are a pleasure to work with! I would definitely recommend this agency for those seeking a home health nursing position.

Always work available

Great place to work if you want extra hours. The patients are all great and the work is plentiful. The pay is pretty good too!

it was ok can do better

So disorganized. working with faimlies that think you are a baby sitter for their other kids

Great Place to Work with amazing Staff

A/R, A/P & Payroll Review. Collections with insurance companies.Learned Payroll, A/P and Medicaid GuidelinesManagement and Owner are the best. Willing to help you learn and advance.Co-workers are fun loving, but hard workersHardest part of the job was when one of the children died.Most enjoyable was knowing you were helping a sick child -- even if not directly.

Pros

small work environment, great salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J and D Ultracare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about J and D Ultracare in popular locations

• J and D Ultracare
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?