J. Crew Group, Inc.
69Average

J. Crew Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA19 reviews
Productive and fun workplace
A typical day at work is full on customer service. Just focusing on what the customer wants and providing that for them the best you can. From working in retail I learned how to difuse situations before they even start and how to properly handle them once things get a little heated. Management is not always supportive. Sometimes they get so focused on task they forget about the customers and the associates. The workplace culture however is great! There is a lot of diversity and everyone is super supportive and willing to help! The hardest part of the job is definitely customer service. Customers always want as many discount as they can get and don't care how they act to get their way. However even though customers are the hardest part of the job they can also be the most enjoyable part of the job as well. A lot of customers will tell you awesome stories and create relationships with you if you just listen to them.
Sales associate
Everyone is super nice and helpful when you need something. We always put the costumer first. The manager is always encouraging to be better. I love working there, is really flexible and they always try to accommodate to what you need.
busy and productive workplace during holiday rush
involved shifting lots of stock from the stock room to the sale floor as black Friday crowds purchased sale items. I also acted as greeter and informed customers of the holiday sales
No joy here...
Poor work environment with very little support from management. Management that is in place doesn’t seem to care about much of anything. Company continues to be in disarray due to downsizing and cost cutting.
Productive and loved my management
Come in for my shirt, get working on shipment, cleaning the floor. I loved my other co-workers, had a great experience. I would get a 15 minute break. The perks are very nice.
Pros
awesome co-workers, very flexible
Cons
short breaks
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Required for Login
Overall nice place to work, compensation was competitive with other retail stores, advancement within company, nice discount, easy hours to balance with school/social life
Productive and Fun Work Environment
I loved my experience working at J.Crew! Everyone is so friendly and helpful there. The managers are very attentive and very fair. I worked there full time as a summer job last year and got everything I wanted out of the experience.
Great workplace
J Crew. is a very fun store to work at, the managers are very understanding of the workers needs and everyone is super friendly. They expect you to be attentive to the customers and meet all there needs which is what every store should do.
Pros
enough breaks
Cons
not enough hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at J. Crew Group, Inc.?
I enjoyed working for the company
Although J CREW was going through many transitions as a company at the time of my employment, they did a great job with communicating and ensuring that day to day operations were not affected. Had I not had a medical issue I would have continued to work for them.
Love this company!
I loved my time at J. Crew. There have been a lot of changes in the upper management recently, and while I'm sad to see some of them leave there's also something new and fresh to look forward to.

Advice to management: Think more about the people that you already have that work for you. Promote from within when you find someone who is passionate and capable, rather than hire from outside of the company. Ask tough questions during interviews with future managers, stop softballing.
Pros
Really great discount, easy to learn the technology, company is growing and changing
Cons
Some opportunity with providing more payroll for certain tasks, being proactive vs reactive to changes, asking tougher questions for management interviews
Need a pay increase
There is a lot of work to be done and the pay is ridiculously small.
when you open, your there as early as 8 and you dust and Swiffer entire store, vacuum fitting rooms, clean up whatever was left over from the night before. lets not forget inventory.

During opening hours you are assisting clients, finding items, getting them in the fitting rooms and at the register all at the same time. I have worked where I am the only stylist on the floor for 2 hours and expected to do a lot.

When it comes to closing you have to fold down the entire store and most times your alone in that task.
Pros
discounts, perks
Cons
no health coverage
Good place to Work
It's just a temporary job while I look for design jobs. I find it annoying that I get small 4 hour shifts, I'd rather have longer shifts and more of them.
loved it at first but got tired of it
I started working with so many hours a week, I never got tired of it. the managers were right on top of everything. Now everything has changed, it is horrible. it is mandatory for the mangers to give you a 15 minute break no matter how much you work, but they dont, there is also always suppose to be a manager on the floor with you at all times but most of the time they are sitting in the office doing nothing. i started school so my schedule had to change and when i did the manager got mad. i expected to work at least 3-4 days a week 5-6 hours a day, but instead im only working 1-2 days a week and only 4 hours a day at most. you get unpaid time off, breaks are super short and just in general they company isnt even doing well. im glad i left.
Cons
short breaks, hours not so flexiber, unpaid time off, poor management.
Fast pace environment and horrible experience
Shifts are way too short and they don't pay enough. Management was unorganized and didn't care about seasonal employees. The company itself didn't even pay me on time! Will never work here again and never recommend this job to anyone!
Pros
Cons
Short hours, low pay
Fun, fun, fun!
Very fun and energetic place to work. A lot of younger kids around my age at the time so it was a very fun environment to work in. Management staff was also younger and closer in age so communication was easy.
Pros
close to home
Cons
low pay
fun

-Stocking of merchandise

-Ringing of sales

-Cleaning of the store
Productive and fun workplace
Was able to utilize the skills I've learned over the years with this company. Being employed with this company has allowed me to grow and learn more about being a leader as well as productive employee.
Productive and great workplace environment
Managers were willing to teach new things about how to do daily tasks throughout the store. Had great management and co-workers.
If you get a good manager, it's the best job....
Very different from dept. store. more hands on. fast pace i loved