J. Crew Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Seasonal position
J. Crew (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2019
As the title suggests, this was a seasonal position. Unfortunately, I was hoping it would be permanent. With that being said, I gained a lot of positive retail experience, I learned patience, and I learned many things from the commercial standpoint of fashion. The hardest part was maintaining patience with irate customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was being surrounded by fashion and learning how to describe clothes. I also enjoy how respectable and supportive the environment is.
Pros
Retail experience, supportive environment
Cons
customers
Fast pace work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYJanuary 16, 2019
If your willing to put in the time and effort you will succeed at all aspects of your career. Management loves to watch their employees further themselves within the company and encourage them to.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAJanuary 11, 2019
fun, a bit stressful. will definitely push you to your limits by pushing your goal of transactions. cool and friendly associates. very mellow place, but very fast paced during holidays and weekends.
Fun workplace
Stockroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Rehoboth Beach, DEJanuary 11, 2019
Fun workplace for a younger person. Low pay but pretty good benefits. I worked stock and registers. Was a busy job in the summer months due to it being in a tourist area.
Decent Job for People Looking for a Part-time Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Locust Grove, GA 30248January 8, 2019
It's a decent job. Pretty basic tasks to do, can't complain much about it. If you have ever worked in sales than this job is pretty much the same thing.
Great workspace
Store Director (Current Employee) –  Hyannis, MAJanuary 6, 2019
Happy with the position, just had a new opportunity present itself. District Manager was the most influential individual I could with with. Sheets available for advice, always ready to help out any way she could.
Pros
Discount, the people, the clientele
Cons
Hours
If I knew then, what I know now.
Manager (Current Employee) –  CarolinasJanuary 2, 2019
No work life balance.
Part time managers are not vested. Corporate has no idea of how the turn over is affecting the company moral and customer experience.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Dysfunctional from the top to the field.
Work Environment
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 1, 2019
I worked here for a seasonal position and the pay was good, discounts are great but the management sucked. I only had good experiences with two of the managers out of 4 and had issues with being treated poorly by management/supervisor. Theres a lot of favoritism and gossip/drama within the associates. I eventually just stopped going because I couldn't handle the pettiness anymore. My supervisor played favorites and didn't ever want to hear anyone else view points. I was also expected to sell at the minimum $700 worth of clothes in a three hour shift.
Pros
breaks, discounts
Cons
cut throat environment, fast paced
j crew
j crew (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 27, 2018
Working there was different to experience for me, Some days work will be hard depends on how many boxes you have that day. I also learn how to use a scanner .
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
Fine for part-time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, KYDecember 27, 2018
Decent pay for a retail job and great discounts. Very cliquey setting, but I would just ignore it. Training was minimal, but it's easy to catch on. Work with people of all ages
Pros
Discounts
A very crowded work place! But it was an easy task to accomplish for the hours I had.
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 20, 2018
Blah blah blah blah blah blah didn’t wanna do this blah blah blah blah blah just typing to reach the minimum.. I think I can stop lemme see oh nope ok
Great work culture
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXDecember 19, 2018
Working at J.Crew invites you into a unique work environment where each of the employees truly cares about the mission of the company, the products they produce, and the valued customers that are always kind and pleasant.
Lack of communication on all levels.
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 14, 2018
The transition from previous to former to no CEO has been the most straining experience. Too many chefs in the kitchen, not enough cooks! Not one person in this company can say they TRUST, or RESPECT a peer or superior.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
work life balance, integrity
I loved this job.
Selection Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 2, 2018
I can't really say how much i liked this job in words. I had an awesome time and made many friends there. It was fast paced and at the time I had a very big problem with anxiety due to the injuries I sustained while working there.
Love working here
Stylist & Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 25, 2018
I love my J. Crew team from the managers to the sales staff. Everyone is so friendly and makes the environment so lovely and fun to work at. At the same time because we all work together and get along its easy to meet sales target and help each other along hte way.
Productive and loved my management
Associate (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VANovember 15, 2018
Come in for my shirt, get working on shipment, cleaning the floor. I loved my other co-workers, had a great experience. I would get a 15 minute break. The perks are very nice.
Pros
awesome co-workers, very flexible
Cons
short breaks
Fun place to work, but...
Associate Merchant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2018
J.Crew has been a great place to start my career, but seems like at some point, our jobs have become sort of life-style & the members of the team don’t care enough about the business & don’t take their jobs seriously. That being said, the people are really nice & the team is fun. Just not sure they take their jobs seriously.
there's alot of favorism there and drama
matrialhandler (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCNovember 12, 2018
it was a stressful place to work people don't really get trained there's no follow up .there is alot of wrongful discharging there .if the company doesn't like you they will make it ruff on you .they lie and discriminate against certain people especially if they do not like you .the hardest part is some the people who worked there for awhile they are mean .they definitely play favors .they make if they don't like want to quiet .
Pros
health benefits
Cons
i have nothin nice about this company
Fun company to work for
Assistant Manager- operations & merchandising (Former Employee) –  OregonNovember 8, 2018
No longer work for the company, but it was a really great job in the earlier years when business was good. As the business began to sink, things started to change....fast. Sad to say, but I'm glad I got out when I did
Good start up position
Sales Associate-Part time (Former Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 3, 2018
Coworkers were nice and fun to work with. But the location that I worked at had a lot of slow traffic which made the retail hours feel much longer. But had a good experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J. Crew Group, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at J. Crew Group, Inc..

Powered by Comparably