J. Crew Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fast paced
Merchandiser picker (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 14, 2018
Good job easy money just got to work fast paced get good breaks and they are paid nice freindly place and you get paid weekly and sometimes overtime is required
fast paced and stressful
Merchandies Processor (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 13, 2018
I enjoyed working there but it was a stressful job, learned about warehouse and distribution work. Management could be pushy that would be the hardest part of my night.
Pros
Met some nice people there
Cons
only two 20 minute breaks
Good first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 13, 2018
They gave me my first real job and it was a good stepping stone. Began to become too corporate. Too much pressure to keep up with and listen to mandates that put pressure on shoppers and do not believe that is fair.
Changes
Shipping lead (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCAugust 10, 2018
With management changes came inconsistent work direction and way too many headgames. Unnecessary unprofessional behavior for some and favouritism for others. Work ethics ignored. Perhaps the atmosphere has changed since.
Pros
Great fellow associates
Cons
Management on silly power trip
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 8, 2018
It's a great place to get call center experience. Management is fantastic. They have great incentives for working extra hours. They have games for motivation and general happiness.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Have to work weekends and holidays
typical day
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 6, 2018
SOMETIMES ITS REALLY BUSY but thatswhen its most exciting . a slow day can be really boring , fustrating. my social skillshave expanded to be better then before ..
Summer Internship
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCAugust 4, 2018
I worked for a summer as an inter for J Crew. The internship helped to position me for further advancement. I would highly recommend working for J. Crew to other.
Very fast paced
J. Crew, Sales Associate/Stylist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2018
Being that the store is located in an area known for shopping, the store always has customers, & some days there happens to be an abundance of customers flocking to the store. However being that customers can personally ask for an associate to shop with them, there is also a endless amount of running up & downstairs which eventually causes some fatigue.
Pros
Pay Wage, Discounts, & scenery
Cons
short breaks
Treat you good
LEAD, J.CREW DISTRIBUTION CENTER (Current Employee) –  Arden, NCAugust 2, 2018
I have learned alot about distribution. Start off flying and stay very busy. Management is ok but communication could be better. They treat you good Hr is very supportive, Everyone is usually very friendly.
Pros
Insurance and monthly food
Cons
communication
Awful company
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 29, 2018
This company had poor leadership. Company had shown favoritism to certain people and genders. No real growth.for people. Did not follow govermental laws
benefits
Cons
poor leadership, lack of advancement
Quick paced environment, with a lot of tourist and locals always came to buy.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 19, 2018
A typical work day at J Crew was very fast paced and the manger was always looking for a way to be better the next day. The management staff was all women with the exceptions of me and the DM. The culture wasn't their because we always had associates walking out or just not showing up to work at their prescribe times. The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers and most enjoyable part of the job was being a personal shopper.
Pros
Great commission
Cons
Lack of management ability to communicate to associates
Enjoyed working at this store.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAJuly 18, 2018
Enjoyed working at this store. Had to multi task due to lack of hours, so at times, it was overwhelming but all in all, I worked with a great team at Cabazon.
great benefits
Merchandise processor (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 18, 2018
They have great benefits such as health insurance and paid time off. They have changed their work hours to four 10 hour days. Some supervisors are very helpful but most are not.
J Crew reveiw
CONTROL CLERK (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 16, 2018
Days seem chaotic and stressful, management is more of a baby sitter wants to stand around and tell you what to do instead of participate in the work environment. They are a do what I say not what I do management style. There are too many people telling a person what to do and not enough workers to get anything done. There a good workers here just not able to come in and do their jobs effectively.
Cons
Friendly and enjoyable environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCJuly 16, 2018
The best job I have had. Friendly faces who are always willing to help you and teach you. Retail isn’t the easiest job but it teaches you the necessary factors you need in life. Communication skills, manners, organization etc.
Poor Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  British ColumbiaJuly 13, 2018
The management of this company is pretty poor, had difficulty with everything, poor time management, poor communication, our work schedule wasn't even emailed to us or informed us professionally, time schedules had to be checked weekly by going to store, and they over-hired staff, some staff doesn't get hours for 2 weeks.
Good
Sales Associate/Stock (Former Employee) –  Clinton, CTJune 26, 2018
Staff friendly
Teamwork
hardwork
interact your customers
mentality
easy
responsible
doesnt get raise much per year
solid management
fast pace environment
J.Crew
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 25, 2018
Typical day at work, we have morning meetings if you are opening. To talk about sale goal, how bad they did in the previous day. Always have two of the same size on the floor as well as folded.
Customers always come first! Productivity is a must!
Sales Associate & College Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, NCJune 19, 2018
A typical day at work consists of performing you job, attending customers, telling them about the store promotions, and helping them find what they need! A good management team which actually help lead the team!
My accessment
Sales & Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 19, 2018
Really exciting and cool place to have worked the 4 years i was there. Management could've been slightly better but the overall experience that jcrew had to offer has been a good one indeed.
Pros
Lots of incentives
Cons
Needs more work on certain inner system expectations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J. Crew Group, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss