J. F. Ahern Co.

J. F. Ahern Co. Employee Reviews in Fond du Lac, WI

Fond du Lac, WI20 reviews
I would have to say, J. F. Ahern is a very good company to get hooked up with. Talking with other companies, Ahern is a very professional contractor compared to others.
October 24, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your experiences at Ahern! We're pleased and proud to hear that you had a positive experience working with us, and as well, that our reputation is positive with those you've communicated with, too. Unfortunately, there is no ping pong table here at our Fond du Lac campus, though that is a solid idea for competitive team building!
Poor management took 6 months to receive my benefits and being diabetic really took a toll on my health. Ended up getting laid off. Place is extremely unsafe and they will fire you if you report injuries.
October 3, 2019
We are sorry that you had this poor experience. Benefits for our pipe fabricators are provided by their local union, and we do not control the timing of when you receive those benefits. If we had been aware of the situation, we would have done whatever we could to assist you in getting your benefits from your local union. In regards to safety, the safety of our employees is J. F. Ahern Co.’s number one concern. We work daily to ensure that our employees can return home to their families after a safe day on the job. Ahern does not retaliate in the event an employee reports an injury and instead, encourages employees to come forward so we can help the employee get well.
Ahern is a fast passed and motivated company. They will treat you right if you can prove that you want to work and provide a satisfactory product for them.
August 6, 2019
Thank you for your tremendous feedback! We're pleased to hear that you've had a great experience with Ahern, and we appreciate your commitment to our company, communities, and customers!
I love working for this company, but the stress adds up. Ive worked on vacation days and put alot of my personal life on hold to make short deadlines.
August 6, 2019
Thank you for the feedback about your experiences here at Ahern! We're grateful to hear that you enjoy your time with us. Having a stable work/life balance is important, and we will share this feedback with appropriate management members. Please continue to keep the feedback coming, and thank you for being a part of our Ahern team!
Ahern is great company who prides itself on quality installations and customer care. They are more than willing to do everything they can to provide you with all of the tools you need in order to make your job more cost effective and productive. For the most part they have a great management team who is always looking for ways to advance the company to the next level.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Fast pace, very concerned with Safety. Great Insurance package. Annual 2% pay raise for lower level employees. Problems with not enough work space to keep pace with need.
Pros
Lot's pf company events
Cons
To heavy on the top end of Administration
Very large company with many divisions that don't seem to communicate well together. A lot of micromanagement. During travel employee comfort was not considered due to cost concerns.
September 20, 2018
Thanks so much for your feedback. With a number of employees and divisions, communication can always be challenging. We strive to provide multiple methods for communication whether it be one-on-one with local leadership, directly through our executive leadership, or even through new tools like our company intranet.
Loved working here. Great benefits and great pay advancement. The job can be hard and it does get busy but we were always having a good time. Shop foreman was extremely understanding if you needed time off.
Pros
Great pay advancement, excellent work environment.
Cons
None if you dont mind overtime.
A fast paced environment where you're on your feet. What I learned is there's no substitute for learning the work the men and women do for Ahern, very rewarding to be on a team that dives deep into problem solving and taking action.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Work life balance
Ahern is a growing company that is committed to the professional development of their employees. Ahern invests in the long-term success of the company which provides on-going career opportunities for their employees.

Ahern is big enough to reap the benefits of a large company yet small enough to still feel the family-owned atmosphere.

The pace can be challenging, you need to be self motivated to work here.

Well run company with fast pace and significant attention to detail in everything they do. Tripp Ahern is visionary and strategic in his leadership.
Traveled to job sites throughout the United States working on commercial buildings installing fire sprinkler systems.
Accurately read blueprints and repair manuals to identify mechanical problems and fix them through service calls.

Managed a crew working on job sites to install systems under budget. Also worked directly with office personnel on

issues that arose on the job site such as design, managing or safety.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Lots of travel
Start with a stretch or warm-up
Maintain a clean work area

Label all materials according to job locations

Co-workers are all age groups

Enjoyable to work as a team setting in some tasks
Pros
Lunches provided on ocassion Nice breakroom
Cons
Work hours may vary according to work load
I feel it would have been a great place to work, until I worked there and found out otherwise. I think that some of the management is partial to all employees. And the fact that at no point did we find out about benefits which most employers tell you about during the new hire process was brought up by this employer. Even more so when one inquired about this to other employees no one could answer on this. I learned that they expect perfection once you get hired there even if it is something you have never done before. The most difficult part of the job was trying to understand the perfection expectation from day one, with no prior experience.
Pros
not one thing
Cons
long hours and minimal pay
Everybody helps each other
Great work environment

The balance work - personal life is perfect

Just in general, the ideal place to work for!!
Excellent work environment
Great place to work for

JF Ahern is an excellent place to learn about how to follow policies and procedures

Very knowledgeable people to work with
dangerous work environments with inadequate safety measures
mandatory overtime that lead to working 50-60 hours a week

not a team oriented staff
As a project manager, you were the front man for the company but you received all of the help the you required. They employ a very supportive group of people that want you to succeed.
Great company with a strong management base.
Take care of their employees.
Pros
union. family run business. strong management
Cons
as with a lot of construction based businesses, right now work load is low
Professional in every way.
Treat employees like extended family

Involve supervisors and lower level managers in overall business decisions
Pros
good work environment, access to top managers, listen to suggestions
Cons
fond du lac isn't the greatest place to live