J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
3rd Generation Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIJuly 3, 2018
It's not the company it ounce was. Company now only cares about profits and not the associates. Ethics of company very poor. Outsourcing and constant restructuring leaves much to be desired for job security.
Pros
Good products
Cons
Poor management
Great Place to Work Mixing Work Life Balance
National Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJune 18, 2018
You will receive some of the best training at J. J. Keller & Associates which combines strong educational opportunities throughout your career. It is truly a learning environment with a strong culture on sales. As a sales person you are selling at high margins which increases your commission and bonus opportunities.
Pros
Great benefits, onsite health-clinic and great workout center.
Cons
Cube environment.
Associate Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJune 3, 2018
Great place to work. Company has great work/life balance. Onsite gym and cafe help cut costs. Training is extensive. Great place to work overall. I was happy
Poor Leadership
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 25, 2018
Poor leadership makes this a difficult place to work. Also this is not a company that promotes from within unless you are part of a select group of individuals. Lots of gossip here as well.
Management Woes
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIMay 15, 2018
Stay away from this company! Management does not care about employees. Executive Leadership is going through every department offering severance packages to Senior employees to leave the company quietly. Replacing Senior employees with contractors outside of United States of America with low pay employees. Don’t plan on retiring at this company because you will be outsourced or replaced one you have higher pay and 3-4 weeks of vacation, you get the boot.
Pros
Good Entry level sales positions
Cons
Stay to long and your out
Company Ethics Very Poor
Managed Services Team Leader (Former Employee) –  3003 W BreezewoodMay 12, 2018
J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc. is not the company it use to be. Company only cares about profits and not the associates. Jack J. Keller (Founder) would be ashamed of what the company is today if he were alive. Outsourcing and downsizing today to save a dollar will cost the company severely in the years to come. Wasting millions of dollars on short-sighted renovation projects that the associates think are foolish spending and will not help the company become an employer of choice. Stay away from this company, hard times are coming.
Pros
Family owned Company
Cons
CEO & CFO put there trust in the wrong leaders
Room For Advancement
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIApril 2, 2018
JJ Keller gave me the opportunity to have a decent job straight out of college. Although they do not pay much compared to competitors, they really do help with development. There are many opportunities to move up in the company if you join committees and participate in events.
Pros
Lots of benefits, Employee development programs
Cons
Poor training, Management sometimes lacks leadership qualities, Management tends to be hired based on seniority
Great place
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  neenah wiMarch 12, 2018
Pay is good if willing to work hard. Can get burned out depending on what job you are doing. Good profit sharing. Management is great as long as you are a hard worker and don't make excuses.
Pros
profit sharing, benefits, good commissions and bonuses
Cons
short lunch break, insurance sort of expensive and high deductible, repetitive and stressful
Constant Change
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJanuary 31, 2018
They upper management is constantly changing the way they run the business. I have work there for over two years and have had 5 compensation plans. It is an act first and think later company.
Great company
HR Software Platform Specialist (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIJanuary 31, 2018
The company is respected in the industry, they care about their employees, there are lots of places to move up or over to with management training, a great training program for onboarding, and great benefits and good pay.
Pros
They care about its employees, great benefits, and good pay.
Cons
none that I can remember
Supportive and Indepent Working Conditions
Key Sales (Current Employee) –  Remote - WausauJanuary 17, 2018
They let me do my job and supported me to get my job done. I am given the training that I need and the contact information to get any help that I may need.
Average
Sr. Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WINovember 9, 2017
Company has good expertise in DOT Compliance. Average in about every other way. A little behind the technology curve and product line is a little stale. The Keller's are good people and know advancement is needed.
Good place to work until they down sized some of the departments
According Technician (Former Employee) –  Nenah WINovember 8, 2017
You're just a number and if they can find someone who will work cheaper and without your level of benefits. They will replace you. That has happened in more than one department. You will be replaced, and you have to train your replacement in order to receive the package, they have offered. Or they replace you with a temp that doesn't stay long, so there is a big turnover. No security, they have done this to 3 departments in the last year.
Pros
Great coworkers and I enjoyed my daily responsibilities.
Cons
No sense of security. Upper level of management doesn't care about loyalty. There one day, gone the next.
Not a bad place to work
Order Handler (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WINovember 2, 2017
I didn't dislike JJ Keller by any means while I worked there, my co workers were very nice and management seemed to care about their employees. I left mostly to advance myself and my career in a direction I couldn't have at JJ Keller.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Very monotonous work enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WISeptember 16, 2017
Good place to work. Fun people to work with. Great managament. Good with working with you and hours. Get to pick your hours. Made out going phone calls no cold calling.
Lack of engagement
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WISeptember 11, 2017
On the surface this company seems wonderful with the fitness center, cafeteria, on-site clinic but it takes more than that to be satisfied and engaged in your career. The company culture lacks in many ways including advancement, engagement, treating employees fairly and poor management. The company is a very top down approach and I didn't feel as though they took into consideration the employee's feedback. The management team were puppets and didn't help develop the individuals on the team. The goals were always changing as well as the incentive package. There isn't a lot of room for creativity. A lot of silo selling (often times you were competing internally for the same customer) in a negative environment.
Pros
On-site fitness center
Cons
Poor management
Just a number
Prospera Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 4, 2017
Not the best place to work as I felt like just a number with the company. No opportunity unless you know someone high up in the company. Pay could be better for what you do
Just OK.
National Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIAugust 12, 2017
Good people to work with, management is lacking in support of employees. Constantly changing the incentive plan for inside and outside salespeople to the point where salespeople have more to do and earn less money
Pros
Work - Life Balance
Cons
Low salary for job status, always changing the incentive plans to management benefit so salespeople end up earning less
Fun work place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIAugust 6, 2017
I enjoyed working at JJ Keller. They had a great work environment and culture. I enjoyed working there but I did not enjoy doing sales calls. My job included making numerous outbound sales calls to new and existing clients.
not engaging
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIAugust 2, 2017
Benefits are good but the management lacks in many ways including growing employees and engaging employees. They would make promises and then pull back on them. Never listened to ideas from employees. There weren't any employee committees or if there were they were filled immediately by managers picking. This is a completely top down environment. Very micromanaged....observing internet usage and phone usage. I didn't have a problem with that but I know others did and got reprimanded for 'inappropriate' usage. Great job if you don't want to grow or be fulfilled.
Pros
On site clinic