J. Polep Distribution Services Employee Reviews

It was not a great place to work
Assembly Line Worker and then "dock hand" (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAJune 22, 2018
The managers who were there when I worked there did not seem to care about their employees. All they cares about was making money. I worked between 65-80 hours a week there and I was over worked for minimum wage I believe for the amount of work and mental stress they put you through they should pay a little over minimum wage. I would only work there again if I was extremely desperate.
Pros
2-3, paid, 15minute, breaks
Cons
over worked, under paid, rude managers
management was ok but pickers were terrible
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 19, 2018
the pickers at chicopee is what made me quit after only a month...they threw all the orders in the truck in the complete wrong order then expect the driver to pick through the truck looking for all the items for the stops...that day they gave me 17 stops and hour away from the terminal the truck got there 2 hours late then on top of that they rush you to get your orders done fast but how can that be if the driver instead of driving and getting to the location and getting the customers order out of the truck, we also have to dig deep into the truck and find everything totally disorganized which makes every stop an hour long... definitely didn't get payed enough to do that. don't even bother applying there every one quits for that reason.
Worst experience
Driver (Former Employee) –  CTMay 29, 2018
I came to j polep straight out of school looking for a local job which is hard to get for someone who just finished school. This job absolutely sucks. Pay isn’t that good, long hours. You unload everything by yourself. Dispatcher will call you if your late, and harass you. They load your trailer all the way everyday most of it is packs of water/Arizonas and you have to unload everything only using a hand truck. They set time limits on every stop and expect you to finish within the times. Only recommend this job to hulk. This job literally made me question why I got my cdl, worse experience
Pros
Overtime, home daily, no experience needed
Cons
No breaks, low pay, strenuous job, management, no help
Horrible work place environment
Selector (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAMay 29, 2018
Management "bend the truth" constantly, human resources are not there for the employees.HR constantly alienating good employees in support of horrible management, management force employees to perform tasks outside of their job description and if the employee refuses management and HR theaten to cut employee pay rate or suspension. If you make a complaint against management you are guaranteed to be suspended or fired.
Pros
None at all
Cons
Everything from management to human resources
Horrible experience
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTApril 2, 2018
3 people quit while i was there the last 3 weeks because of management. The management talks to you like children. They scream and yell use profanity then lie about it. Right before the 90 day period they increase your workload and put pressure on you so that you quit of your own volition . If you don’t they will find a technicality to fire you on. Right before the 90 probation period. The job itself is not bad. Pay is little. And the monopoly and preference is not worth the aggravation. I took the job to get experience fresh out of school like anybody else does. It was a huge mistake and has done more damage than good. I have nothing against the company itself I’m pretty sure that the higher ups were not aware of what’s going on . Management needs to be trained on people skills. Employees are not cattle. I was told by the supervisor that there are hundred more applicants waiting in-line So They didn’t have to care about any employees. I told this to the superiors they proceeded to fire me a week later. Good luck with whoever goes with this company.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Poorly managed
cut throat, over worked, underpaid
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAMarch 21, 2018
Seventeen years ago this place was considered my family, once the owner son became CEO, everything changed. Demands, pay, outrageous quotas, benefits, etc.
Cons
no breaks
Stressful and unfair working environment
Picker/packer (Former Employee) –  Chicopee MAMarch 9, 2018
Me my mother and girlfriend all worked here , we all got fired for getting bronchitis on our 90 day probation WITH DOCTORS NOTES . They play with your money and they have favoritism with employees , anyone who isn't on they're 90 day probation basically does whatever they want . Sucky place to work and there's never a time to go home , you could leave at 2am just like you could leave at 7am . Wouldn't recommend it to anyone .
Always need to walk on egg shells
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAFebruary 21, 2018
Terrible place to work. The rugs are torn up on the floors and the owner smokes in his office with the door wide open. Brings his sweet German Shepherd to work, you better like dogs. Employees are not treated fairly or equally. Worst management I've ever seen. The place is run like a chicken with it's head cut off.
Great Work Enviorment!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 2, 2018
Awesome work life balance! J Polep has been an amazing company to work for. They are extremely respected within in the industry. Great family owned and operated company that treats all their employees like family. They show a sincere interest in employees and the business as a whole. They’re always staying innovative as a company!
Pros
Room for growth, positive atmosphere, constantly innovative
Wow Hostile Work Environment Big-Time
Driver (Former Employee) –  StratfordJanuary 14, 2018
You also drive trucks that should not be on the road, as they are a danger to everyone. Exhaust leaks in cab make you fall asleep , broken lights, cut wires, abs lights always on , cracked windows, broken engine brakes, fluids leaking everywhere, etc. How they are not shut down is beond me. You are told to shut up and drive the truck .. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU AT ALL, I PROMISE, I pray for the drivers as it the worst I have ever seen in my life, EVER , and someone is going to get seriously hurt, and they will say , he did not do his pre-trip as it's his fault!!!They lie all the time, if u say there was traffic, they say no there was not. They think you are stealing all the time, hours, food, dirt, whatever. The two managers in Stratford are Skitzo maniacs, this is NO joke.They have cameras, gps and people net IN the trucks and they still call u every 5 minutes and say where are you? Then they say NO YOUR NOT, YOU ARE LIEYING. Don't waste your time you will hate yourself if you work there. All these comments above an below are all very accurate. Very very Hostile environment, they talk about u to other drivers, they belittle u, intimidate u, etc...
Pros
None at all
Cons
forced to work through your lunch and breaks to make time for the company
Horrible Place to work
Selector (Former Employee) –  JpolepJanuary 12, 2018
I was constantly being harass I told the super visors but they didn't do anything about it,the pay.... let's just say you make more money working in McDonald's
Hours go by really fast
Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Chicopee, MAOctober 15, 2017
Good place to work if you like challenges its like any orher job you have to work your self up to get set routes if you work good and fast and safe you get a route if you wanna cry every day about the routes or work this its not the place for you very physical job
Pros
Take brake
Terrible places to work
Route Driver class a (Former Employee) –  Chicopee maApril 10, 2017
Don't do it they are full off sh***, i work for chicopee ma, they will not respect you like a driver,terrible pay,ensure expensive,truck in bad conditions and dery,.
Believe me went I say is a waist off time.!!
Pros
Nothing good about!!
Cons
Wage is the minimum, not respect for driver, equipment and bad conditions!
Dont be fooled
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAOctober 22, 2016
Hours suck you never know what time your leaving you have a start time but never a finish time. They will cancel your benefits for no reason. Management is very unprofessional. Drivers are rude and disrespectful. They will hire murders and child molesters. And you are forced to work over time.
Pros
Cons
Low pay
Worst job ever
Driver (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTOctober 11, 2016
I worked for this company for a year out of stratford ct the hours suck, the pay sucks, it has a high turn over rate i was one of the top driver in a few months its a good job to get experience but now the requirements says 1 year anyone that has experience wouldnt do that job
Pros
Nothing good
Cons
Nothing good
Horrible job
Hi-Lo Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MASeptember 10, 2016
I came to this job looking for different opportunity instead I work on my first day and guys are arguing with each other cause of lack of communication and others talk bad about the new guy no matter what position. On top of it the pay is too low for the amount work they want done. And the profanity is outstandingly horrible. The F word comes out of their mouths even supervisors after every other word. And too many convicts with no common sense working their. I would only tell ppl to work here to just gain operator experience. That's it other then that if you have experience go elsewhere but here. You are guaranteed to quit the first day.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
To much ignorance and bad language directed towards you or others.
Good for a starting company but a year into working with company soon realized its not worth it.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTAugust 13, 2016
Worked for a year with company. Fresh out of school I should have just went Over the road.

Trailers are not maintained reefers build ice on floor and climbing ladder on side are not replaced if broken. Good luck getting inside through side doors.
Trucks are not properly maintained should all be out of service.
New hire drivers coming in were making more money than someone who had been with the company for a while which is completely unfair and unprofessional on jpolep part.
Pros
I wish i had something to put here
Cons
No bonuses i.e. xmas thanksgiving etc, Bad equipment, Bad management, very disrespectful towards hard working drivers, No consideration, Expendable
Horrible
Selector (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAJune 20, 2016
This place sucks . It's horrible . The men are disgusting and the warehouse is like high school with the drama and all that . They mess with your pay checks alot too . I once worked 57 hours and i had witnesses who seen it on the time clock and got payed for supposedly only working 46 hours ... this job is like a last resort . They play favorites and you basically have to have "connections " to get a hire position or higher payer position. I worked my butt off for unfair pair.
Pros
The pay is weekly and sometimes you get overtime .
Cons
Short break, expired food being sold on break, Managers/supervisors don't take employees serious .
awful place to work
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAApril 13, 2016
I worked here many years ago and by some of the reviews I have read I can see it hasn't changed at all. Management played favorites back then and looks like they still do. For such a big company you would think they would be more respectable. No wonder the turn around is so huge. And the pay back then wasn't great. They always put freezes on raises and apparently still do.
Pros
Cons
Not appreciated for the work you do. No room to move up unless you are in the "click".
Promise you the world but forget what they promised you
Drver (Former Employee) –  MaSeptember 10, 2015
Expect to be underpaidispay raisesare like $0.35 a year if you even get onr.job is tough and your doors to the trailer must be kept shut and locked at all times while deliverying . they hive you points on this drive for gold which is a joke . Insurance is very expensive so if they pay you $16 an hour and you're paying $150 aweek for health insurance .they watch every hour you work they have people follow you its a joke that's why I'm no longer working here. This is not a career job it's great for new drivers to learn and get out after 6 months of experience.