J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews

Great Internship Experience.
Operations Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAMay 24, 2018
I really enjoyed interning at J.B. Hunt. It was an excellent learning experience. The management team that I got to work with was exceptional.

I really felt welcomed in the J.B. Hunt culture, everyone was very supportive. The job is by no means easy, as you have multiply competing priorities with very tight deadlines.
Pros
Management, Training, Compensation, and advancement opportunities.
Cons
Only allowed to work 25 hrs/wk as an intern.
Relaxed and stress free. Competitive wages and benefits. Easy to work with and for.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARMay 24, 2018
Is one of the best companies to work for. Go out of their way to help and support you during time of crisis in your personal life. They have always worked with me when time off was needed, or change up work load and schedule to accommodate my health issues and make sure I could still make a pay check.
Pros
Flexibility, pay, benefits, time off, home time, equipment
Cons
Clueless college graduates with no work, life or leadership experience or skillsl. Poor manage training
Fun work, can be labor intensive
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNMay 23, 2018
J.B. Hunt has a lot of different divisions in it and the one I worked for, Final Mile, was a good career with potential to grow (if you are willing to relocate). Working with truck drivers can be a little rough around the edges but they like things to be organized and good for them. Was labor intensive at this job because we unloaded trucks when needed too.
Fun workplace - pay is below average
ICS Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARMay 23, 2018
Pay is far below average. Management has their own objectives. It is a fun place to work. Fun work environment to distract from negatives. Good place to work out of college but not forever.
Pros
Fun work environment to distract from negatives.
Cons
Poor pay
Stable
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Current Employee) –  Fairburn, GAMay 23, 2018
Stable company that really cares about the driver's the best trucking company I have worked for has made me a better driver as far as safety.and we get uniform shirts
Good place to work with good pay.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 22, 2018
Very good company to work, however, very micro-managed once hitting a certain ceiling.

Great pay, especially starting out.

Worklife balance was rough with 24 hours on call.
Pros
Work enviornment, pay
Cons
Work life balance, micro managed
On call 24/7.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40219May 22, 2018
You are micro managed a lot. If you want to make decisions you always have to ask and seek approval first. The insurance is not great. The company matches you 3% on your 401K, which is about standard.
Stressful
Driver (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 22, 2018
Too much you don't get compensated for. Faulty equipment, loads with no paperwork. Most enjoyable part of the day was going home. If it can't be done with a computer, it can't be done. Too many millennials in the office.
Pros
not many
Cons
too many
wishing for improvements
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 16, 2018
Great co workers, great bosses.

Horrible drivers, they run the account.

Horrible work life balance, on-call 24/7

The only company let employees refused work and get away with it. Drivers are big baby and think they know everything.
low pay
Dedicated Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 16, 2018
There was no room to park personal vehcile at location. The hours were long and they never got you home for your hometime as promised. Benefits were very expensive and salary was not adequate
Terrible management
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARMay 16, 2018
Would definitely avoid this place like the plague. Management does not care about the welfare of their people. They would give heck if you call in sick whatsoever or ask you to cover the remainder of your shift (if say you needed to leave abruptly for a family crisis).
Great Development
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 16, 2018
JB Hunt is a large company that gives employees the opportunities to develop themselves and gives them the tools that they need to succeed. I had the opportunity to have my first job out of college with them and they spent the time and efforts to develop me and help me grow within the company.
Nice place to grow
Infrastructure Readynecs Manager (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARMay 15, 2018
Nice place to work. using latest and greatest technologies. very supportive leadership. Great work culture. Explore to new technologies. love to work hear.
Overall good
Carrier Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 14, 2018
It's a decent job, most positions are entry level. If you're willing to relocate you will move up very fast. The work life balance among different divisions really vary. ICS = more relaxed. Intermodal = more stress.
Salery and management
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2018
I only made .44 cents per mile with JB Hunt. On average my take-home salary was only about 6:50 a week and it's not quite enough to live off of. It was also not uncommon to text or contact my manager and leaving voicemail and he would never respond or get back to me. Lot of times I felt like I was just left on my own
Productive and good place to work
Owner Operator Driver (Former Employee) –  Haslet, TXMay 12, 2018
I enjoyed working at JB Hunt.
Management was easy to talk to and get answers.
The workplace culture was good.
My counterparts were friendly and we helped each other out.
Very professional coworkers
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARMay 10, 2018
Enjoyed working there. I had two deaths in the family in 2003 and relocated to New Mexico. Very professional place to work. Started in data entry, worked up to Accounts Specialist, then on to Senior
Account Specialist. Won awards for having my reports completed in a timely manner.
Pros
Good benefits.
Needs more experience from management
PROFESSIONAL DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYApril 29, 2018
Management personnel are in charge of professional drivers though they themselves have never been a professional driver. They should be required to have a CDL themselves in order to be able to fully comprehend the roles of a professional driver and before they should be allowed to implement compliance issues regarding their drivers. If they have never performed the function of the people they are supervising, they can never fully understand the role of those they are supervising.
Builder Specialist
Builder/ Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 25, 2018
JB Hunt will wear you out, they make you work very long hours and for low salary. I took this job because the economy was down and had to get something quickly for my family.
Pros
Cons
pay, benefits and hours
Horrible job
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  ArkansasApril 24, 2018
I received this job directly out of college and of course pounced on the opportunity to get into the work force any way I could. Two LONG years later I felt like I had aged 20. Unfriendly environment and no room for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J.B. Hunt. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

67out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at J.B. Hunt.