J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews

Found 1,486 reviews matching the search See all 1,498 reviews
Fun at first, total dissatisfaction
Local Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2018
Advertisement said $1000 a week, more like $400 or $500 and yes I worked my full shift. Dispatch is slow, some good ones but they all collaborate each other’s boards. You get paid for almost everything you do except search for an empty. My question was I need a location for an empty. The answer back was there are trailers in the general terminal location or lots or at a customers. Do you really expect me to memorize these locations? I don’t get paid to search for and empty and also not get paid to the amount stated. I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone. Un organized, un productive and un professional.
Pros
Flex schedule, you have a job at least.
Cons
Lazy, slow to respond and not compensated as advertised
Amazing Company
Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 20, 2018
This company is amazing to be apart of , I am extremely happy to be a part of a winning team that genuinely cares about its employees. I highly encourage all to be a part of this team.
Pros
Everything is a Pro
Cons
No Cons
INTERMODAL. (Local Day Cabs) San Bernardino
Intermodal Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 20, 2018
I have had a fantastic experience so far from dispatch and being out in the field hauling. If you are just starting, take it step by step, the San Bernardino rail yards can be a bit confusing in the beginning, but as long as you ask as many questions as you can during training you will set yourself up for LESS STRESS. I came from a job that was 95% touch freight, so this job makes it much easier on my bones. The JB Hunt truck driving app on your phone makes this job so very less stressful. It tracks everything you do and all assignments that are dispatched on you and have completed. The trainers here are very respectful and take the time to show you how to get the job done correctly and safely. I would highly recommend those with (experience) to give this company a go.
Pros
HOME EVERY DAY!! 100% No touch. Automatic trucks or 10 speeds.
Cons
There are no cons. Work hard and you get to come home! Don't be lazy.
No Life
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTSeptember 20, 2018
You could easily spend 4 hours just waiting for a load and when you finally get a load. It's 12-14 hours long. There's no pay for when you have to take your 10 hour break out on the road. Also during a breakdown if it does not benefit dispatch to pick you up at the time. You can be left stranded for a couple days before they send someone out to get you.
Pros
The pay is awesome.
Cons
Routing and communication.
Hard labor
Driver/ Installer (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CASeptember 19, 2018
Was not an hourly pay was paid by pieces delivered and installation. Can work 50+ hours and still get a small check. Back breaking work for final mile position
Do you like to work long hours and not getting a steady paycheck?
Delivery Driver/New Hire Trainer/Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Spanaway, WASeptember 19, 2018
Long hours, unreasonable expectations, unsafe working environment, poor working equipment, and low pay and these are the high points of the job. You must be able to work well with the public.
Pros
they hire anyone
Cons
employees are disposable
Sometimes good sometimes bad
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 19, 2018
I was told I’d be making 50k, it’s more like 37k.. weekends off and holidays paid time off. Currently not getting these things.
The work performed here is super easy, I’m on a chep account hauling nothing but pallets. When times are slow, the boss will bobtail me all over the place counting and finding our trailers and moving them to other places for no reason, wasting time.
Pros
Awesome home time
Cons
Not good pay at all
Very comfortable place to work
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILSeptember 15, 2018
Nice place to work and room for you to grow and move up in the company. Great experience but is very demanding need to have flexible schedule and be willing to move around the company.
Probably one of the worse places I've worked
Client Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARSeptember 13, 2018
Management is constantly being shifted or moved, so every few months you have a new manager that does things their way. Then six months later, it is the same thing again. It gets to wear on you. The company expected all salary people to work at least 45 hours a week and 50+ being standard. This causes home life to become strained. You don't know when you are going to be able to go home for the day.

The benefits package is not bad, but it is very costly. I was paying over 30 percent of my wages to pay for insurance.
Pros
Stock options
Cons
It's just not a good place for people who want to have a family.
There is none
CDL CLASS A Driver (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WASeptember 12, 2018
In comparisons to other company it is above the average, they have a good system of operations, key on safety is a big issue which make them above the average in the long hall.
September 17, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback. We appreciate it, and take all comments into careful consideration!

Want to know more about J.B. Hunt?

Ask a question
Unorganized Environment
Carrier Adoption Representative (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARSeptember 12, 2018
The ICS business unit is very interesting. There seem to be teams that move in the right direction and make the business a lot of money while other teams are pure costs. The culture is not great, very misogynistic and overall not a professional environment compared to my time at other Fortune 500 companies. In all, I would recommend J.B. Hunt to somebody while warning them of these short-comings.
Pros
Catered Lunches, Work at your own Pace
Cons
Poor Culture
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJSeptember 11, 2018
I drove a truck 10 hours a day allover the country and
Canada. they were very supportive when it came to maintenance and repairs. they were very safety minded
Pros
good pay amd health care
Cons
on the road 3 or 4 mounth at a time
September 12, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. Thank you for helping us improve the driver experience!

Typical Day
UTILIZATION OFFICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARSeptember 10, 2018
As a utilization office specialist you are the backbone for billing. It is hard work at first and things change with the growing market but it really helps you when you want to move up into different departments.
Good people to wrk with
TRACTOR TRAILER DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLSeptember 10, 2018
It was an experience I will keep with me . I believe they could or should I say should pay the Livehaul drivers much more for their services . The Management are a good group of guys.
September 17, 2018

Thank you for providing your feedback. We use all comments to help us improve the driver experience!

Fast Paced Environment
Account Manager- Nestle Water (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 10, 2018
It's the transportation business so we operate 24/7, the freight never stops moving. It's a relaxed work environment, the people who work here are good.
Help the driver not fall asleep , stay alert
Swamper (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 10, 2018
It was fun working here, good people, very hot work , and cold.
Some day not enough hr some days to many hr , managment needs improvement. Paid evert week
Good miles at first
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GASeptember 8, 2018
The job was pretty good as long as I was on an account. When I decided to go over the road was when things got bad. I would sit for days waiting for loads in states far away from home.
September 10, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback! We use all comments to help us improve the driver experience.

Good
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARSeptember 7, 2018
Worked here 14 yrs ago and it was a pretty good company. Good benefits and always took care of me. Not sure how it may be now. Havent worked there since.
September 10, 2018

Thanks for sharing your positive feedback! We appreciate you.

safety first working place
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 7, 2018
Good company not the best but fair, safety oriented and honest management. They provide very good trining for people interested in impruving and brnrfits are in level with other transportation companies.
September 10, 2018

Thanks for being a part of the J.B. Hunt family! We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback.

Work Environment not up with the times.
Telematics Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARSeptember 6, 2018
Technology SDLC is lacking in structure. They are trying to instill a new culture with the technology and engineering departments. Management has the tendency of only working at JBHT and not other organizations. Leadership is minimal.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J.B. Hunt. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight