J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews

Found 1,581 reviews matching the search See all 1,595 reviews
My experience. Over 20 yrs of service. I was always just a number not an employee.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 18, 2018
Enjoyed working with them for over 20 years. Thought I was part of a really good company that took care of their employees. When I reached a point of no advancement in my area, I was offered a job with great pay and benefits. Was a tough decision to leave, but decided it would be better for me in the future. After putting in my notice, I worked till the last day. Had over 7 weeks of vacation and my manager tried to get me paid for it but was denied. I have went above and beyond many times. I sacrificed family time and my wellbeing many times. Up to the last day, I felt good about JB hunt. My last day was like I only been there a year. That’s when I realized that I was just a number.
Cons
Give your 100%, and realize no one really cares.
delivery of products
Operations supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 18, 2018
Daily delivery of products from from various retail companies. I was responsible the supervision of 25-30 drivers plus 3 management personnel. I also did payroll, hiring, staff training.
Adopting to a new culture of technology
Logistics Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARNovember 15, 2018
In the midst of a transition to a more technology based platform and growth culture. Great opportunity to build your skills in a variety of engineering departments.
productive fun work place
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2018
day at j,b hunt is typical fun co-workers make the shift go by fast but also friendly and very helper every one helps everyone is somebody doesn't know how to do something or just need help in general
Pros
co-worker benefits
Cons
pay
Steady work,training available ,four day work schedule
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PANovember 14, 2018
Good place to work shops are clean and well taken care of working on new equipment and new technology constantly four day work schedule and new tech trainee programs for up and coming techs
Pros
Excellent safety culture constant training working on new equipment
Cons
Might not pays much as other
Gained Valuable Experience
Capacity Procurement Representative (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MANovember 13, 2018
Worked extremely hard for a company that does not fairly compensate. Work/life balance was not good. I felt taken advantage of as I worked and gave the company my all.
Great Team and Management
Delivery Driver/Install Technician (Former Employee) –  Riverside, MINovember 12, 2018
Plenty of hours when needed, a lot of physical labor with good drive distance between deliveries as well. Opportunity to see towns all around with the wide delivery area covered.
Pros
paid lunch
November 14, 2018

Thanks for reaching out! We so appreciate your feedback, and use all comments to help improve our driver experience.

Disrespectful and stressful
Owner Operator (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 10, 2018
After jb hunt treats you to a $6 lunch, beware of the stress and demands coming your way. Forced dispatch, low paying loads and be ready to go to a lot of under construction routes.
Pros
The free lunch and lounges
Cons
Liw pay, forced dispatch, disrespectful, limited trucks, lousy routes and loads
November 14, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. We take all comments in to consideration!

JB HUNT Intermodal Okay company to work for.
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARNovember 9, 2018
Okay company to work for but I was looking to make more capital for the work involved on delivery and mileage. I have noticed that within my experience driving tractor trailers there is always something new to learn weather the people you meet or the customers you come across on the daily basis, there is always a challenge to help enhance your customer service capabilities as a professional driver.
Pros
Good benefits just like any other carrier.
Cons
Everyone is wram and friendly
November 12, 2018

Thanks for reaching out. We so appreciate your feedback! We are always striving to improve the driver experience, and we are thankful for your comments.

Unorganized and Unprofessional
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 9, 2018
This company is no different than any other company, they tell you what you want to hear. When you get here it is toldly different. Contract is not a walk away lease.They are trying to force older trucks with high mileage on independent contractors. No trucks are available for drivers in orientation.
They have a take ot or leave it attitude. I was told I would receive a newer truck. I gave up a nice truck to come here. It's either wait on a truck and get paid $100 while waiting. No one is here to make $100 per day. If they don't have trucks available they shouldn't waste people's time and money coming here.
Now that we are here, they will not get any new trucks until next year.
The way we are being treated here is unacceptable. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
lunch provided
Cons
Do not believe anything recruiter tells you.
November 12, 2018

We appreciate your feedback! All comments are used to help us better improve the driver experience.

Good company
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 9, 2018
Entering a truck driving career, I couldn't have selected a better company than JB Hunt. They were fair and upfront on all requirements. They kept me busy, and provided all the tools to be safe and productive.
Pros
big company wide payraise in 1997, which raised industry standards
November 12, 2018

Thank you for such positive feedback! We are thankful to have you as a part of the J.B. Hunt family.

Good Management, Decent Pay, Good Experience Overall
Operations Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 9, 2018
Relaxed culture with great management and average compensation. Would stay with the company, but I am seeking to pursue a career in public accounting.
not a good place to work if you like a steady paycheck
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 7, 2018
Not a good place to work if you like both making, and spending time with your family... if you work enough hours you will make decent money but in order to make decent money you have to give up a lot of family time. i worked 12-13 hours a day 6 days a week in order to get the bills paid and maybe take the kids to go do something fun on Sunday... Health benefits are really expensive and are only good for the employee being insured alone... this isn't as much of a family friendly company as they claim.
Pros
decent pay if you work enough hours/days
Cons
have to chose between spending time with family or making enough to pay the bills.
November 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are always striving to improve the driver experience!

Fun
Operations Office Technician (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARNovember 7, 2018
My team at j.b hunt made my job way more fun. The job sucked but the team was great. I love carrier support!!

Management is pretty great too. They are very understanding with days off and always try to work with you!
Driver
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PA 17111November 7, 2018
J.B. Hunt was an alright company to work for. But when I had a problem that needed addressed, everyone pushed you onto someone else and nothing got done about the issues. Pay, time off, and benefits were all pretty good. Just I don't want to work for a company that doesn't back you up when they need you more than you need them.
November 9, 2018

We are sorry to hear that. We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback!

Excellent Company
Dedicated Driver (Former Employee) –  Tx, WINovember 7, 2018
I had work on several dedicated accounts, and was always satisfied with my work load, management, equipment, working conditions, pay, time off, and only left due to health reasons. I would recommend employment with J B Hunt, to anyone, looking for excellent home time, great pay, relaxed atmosphere and great equipment.
Pros
pay, benefits, time off
Cons
none really
November 9, 2018

We so appreciate your comment! We use all comments to help us better understand and improve the driver experience.

Driver/Customer liaison (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 5, 2018
Job is ok if you want be gone most of the time. no advancement opportunities. pay would be ok for a family without a lot of expenses. Working to long hours and to many company regulation that are not necessary.
Pros
Ok equipment
Cons
Not adjusting work to have time for appointments.
November 7, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! We appreciate you. Drive safe!

love it
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MINovember 4, 2018
i love this job i just need to make some more money its relaxed for a younger person i currently work here just want a good change for the pay and some benefits
Pros
tips
Cons
crosdocking
Good work environment and good opportunities for advancement
Toyota Owensboro Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 2, 2018
Good overall experience. Most advancement required relocation. 24/7 type of environment.
Great place for younger people to learn the transportation business.
requires good communication skills.
Pros
Upward mobility
Cons
relocation required
Work here if you don't want to get paid for what you earn.
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTNovember 2, 2018
I worked for JB Hunt for 3 years. Payroll issues started within the first year but I didn't pay much attention at first. Then I noticed and started checking only to find they were shorting my check every week. It'd be different amounts every week but once it was short by $425! I tried to get the issue resolved, gave more than enough time for a resolution and no one bothered fixing it so I left them finally.
November 5, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your negative experience. We are always working on improving the driver experience! Thanks for providing your feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J.B. Hunt. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight