J.B. Hunt

J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews

United States3,629 reviews

Found 3,629 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,656 reviews
huntdriverintermodaltruckjbhuntmiledispatchload

Installing is good but delivering 500pd refrigerator is not.

This company is an great place to work. The pay was not. The type of work was very demanding and it take a toll on your physical body. I wouldn't go back and work for this company.

Pros

Learning something new

Cons

no good helpers

February 6, 2020
We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback - we take all comments into consideration.

Laid back

Too many truck break downs.i Like the idea you set your own hours and pick when you want to drive.the terminal in Chicago was too congested.it didn't have a scale.the food is really bad and over priced.there was opportunity to take work or and they gave you travel pay.

December 7, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a rating. If you’d like to speak with someone about your experience, please give us a call at 1-800-452-4868.

J.B. Hunt insights

Based on 2,855 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

It's Not For Everyone

If you like a lot of hours, you'll find it here. If not, get ready for some awkward conversations.Set hours is rarely possible so the best thing to do is be upfront as possible about what you want, and what you're willing to do.

December 7, 2022

Truck driver is awesome

Other truck drivers are great but the managers don't care about your life outside of work. I love the other drivers they understand what you're every day looks like and they treat you with the same respect that you give them.

December 6, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience - please know that we are always working to improve the driver experience and will pass this information on to our team.

What is the best part of working at the company?No best part .they let u settings and dont pay detention What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Dispatch has no idea what they are doingWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Poor nobody care about anybody elseWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Unorganized and another of wasted time

December 6, 2022
We take feedback into consideration, and will pass this comment on to our team, so we can use it to improve the driver experience.

Decent.

For the first year of working I had one of the JB hunt "mini" sleepers, the smallest sleepers I know of in the modern trucking industry where basically the curtain behind the seat ends and your bed is right there. No standing room to change or stand without closing the windshield curtians. The inverters are only 1500W and are programmed to shut off with surges making cooking difficult. The new trucks, one of which I now have are decent. No fridge but they are the regular size sleeper I've been used to. However, the inverter is still the underpowered one from the last truck. Mostly internationals as well which is a matter of preference but they have the nice X15. The safety equipment was not as bad on the other truck, but still no driver facing camera so that's a plus. dedicated gets me home two days out of the week and I still get a guaranteed pay overall I recommend the company. 65 on cruise 62 on the pedal

December 6, 2022
We appreciate you leaving us a rating. If you have any specific issues or concerns that you’d like us to address, please give us a call at 1-800-452-4868.

What is the best part of working at the company?The peopleWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Not being abke to helpWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Learned alot from others of all cultures..we all respinded well with each otherWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Busy and never a dull moment..

December 5, 2022
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and are glad you had a positive experience working with us. Thanks for the review!

Terrible location to work

No work available. Too many days go by where workers don’t get any loads. Terrible management.favoritism is played in the company. Some drivers receive a lot more work than others.

December 6, 2022

I worked on the Corsicana bedding dedicated account. I’ve worked for several other trucking companies in the past. JB Hunt was by far the most caring for its drivers and offered many incentives to stay accident free. It was overall a friendly and fun environment for me.

December 6, 2022
We truly appreciate you taking the time out of your day to provide your feedback. We're happy to hear you had a positive experience with J.B. Hunt!

What is the best part of working at the company?Good communication and pray was just the way they said is going to be What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Needed to pay more attention to repairs What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Communication from the top was good and always ready to help What is a typical day like for you at the company?Never stressful

December 6, 2022
This is great to hear! We appreciate you leaving a review.Regards J.B hunt team

Stay away

70 hour work weeks being paid by the mile so no time and a half, they will also rip off your miles because they go by zip code to zip code, management will lie and cheat you at any moment. Terrible company

December 6, 2022

Over work no time to rest

Quite often work 15+ hrs a day with a long commute and managers don't care at all. They only work in office 1 day a week while drivers work all day every day. Don't bother trying to get trucks fixed or leads corrected because the managers aren't helpful and the mechanics don't do their jobs.

Pros

Ok pay

Cons

Support staff sucks and will work you to death

December 6, 2022
We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience. We are always working to improve the driver experience and will pass your feedback on to our team.

What is the best part of working at the company?The people that you meet.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Being told you don't have to do certain things on a jobsite. Get there, and be asked to do it anyway, by the (GM). Who told you, you didn't have to do it before you left office.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Friendly for most part. Cut throat, and very sneaky. Speaking in terms of staff members.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Worrisome at best. Never knowing when you would be blamed for someone else mistake on a jobsite. Which drivers suffer everyday.

Easy, decent pay,

Enjoyed my time, gained my experience, and moved on. Company needs to pay hourly, and not mileage. Drop and hook, and live. Retention would be a lot better

December 1, 2022

Easy Going

Pay was great. No micro managing. Managers work with you on any issues, personal our business. Definitely recommend. Trucks maxed at 65 mph. This sucked at times. But a great company

November 30, 2022
We’re glad you had a positive experience. Thanks for the feedback!

Decent pay and home time

Possibility you will work Thanksgiving and/or Christmas depending on your schedule. But I work 6 days a week, home everyday and I make good money. Intermodal driver pay differs by location. But highly recommended.

November 30, 2022
We appreciate the feedback and all of the important work that you do as a driver! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Drive safe!

Wouldn’t make this my job option if I were you

Management are cool ppl but the benefits and money sucks. It’s not much too say about this company. I gave my honest opinion so don’t waste your time!

Pros

They don’t force you to do anything you don’t feel like doing

Cons

Pay .35c a mile that’s ridiculous, you don’t get pay for a lot of stuff

Not a bad place

I been there for 9 years no raise but plenty of work ppl are good but its a big company you can get lost and forgotten some time looking for a good company thats pay good

November 30, 2022
We appreciate your feedback and that you took the time to leave a review. We will be sure to share this with our team. Thank you for being part of the J.B. Hunt team.

Fun and productive

Great place to work. Good pay, amazing benefits, and paid holidays. Hoping to stay with this company for a while. Don’t have any negative comments about this company. They will take care of you.

November 30, 2022
We’re glad to hear this! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

The money is there if you want it

Good job overall way better than allot of places I've been .good equipment, well taken care of.good benefits.they give you uniforms and coats .I had personally been to quite a few jobs and it just seems like there all flying by the seat of there pants..much more laid back here,while still being on top of safety.

November 30, 2022
We’re glad you had a positive experience. Thanks for the feedback!

Co workers were nice everything else no..

In my first week they gave me a load to drop at a warehouse. After it was dropped I waited 3 hours to be dispatched again. That never came. I actually had time to drive back to the hub and ask what’s going on, which they responded with yeah night shift gets done like that a lot. Never went back!!

November 30, 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J.B. Hunt. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at J.B. Hunt.
Powered byComparably