J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews

Over road driving
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 16, 2018
This company gave the the opportunity to go over the road and deliver products in multiple cities. Gave me the experience that I needed to become a good driver.
Pros
long distance driving
Cons
being away from family too long
July 17, 2018

Thank you for this positive feedback. We are thankful to have you as a part of the J.B. Hunt family!

Not willing to change for personnel
Driver/Customer liaison (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 15, 2018
Management does not listen or accepts improvement changes from the people who can make a different on the operation. The drivers know more about what is needed than dispatchers.
Pros
accounts ok
Cons
no change for improvement
July 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are always working on improving the driver experience!

It's truck-driving--'nough said!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 11, 2018
I drove OTR and Dedicated. They have excellent equipment and it is well maintained; however, you really have to have "some connections" and a really good Fleet Manager to really enjoy working there. It's very difficult work in that you don't have a lot of choices in you loads or routes unless you have a Fleet Manager who will "take care of you!"
Pros
Good Equipment and maintenance.
Cons
You really have to be lucky and have connections to make it there.
July 12, 2018

Thank you for providing this honest feedback! We are always working to improve the driver experience, and appreciate all comments.

Relaxed yet focused company
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newberry, SCJuly 11, 2018
There is nothing bad to say about this company. The opportunities are there if you are patient. Management is honest and accessible all the way to the CEO. One of my greatest regrets is leaving for money.
Pros
Ability to work anywhere in the country
Cons
Pay
sucks
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2018
Hired for the Texas Regional totalnightmare. They fail to communicate important information about loads. (cancelled, appointment changes, different drop locations) I started off making a decent check every week but, pay has gotten lower and lower. Not making what I was promised. They also advised you would be home every weekend but they make sure you're never home before Saturday morning then schedule you for early Monday morning. Dispatchers lie. Management doesn't follow through. Complete disappointment.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
lies, poor management, no follow through, poor communication
July 12, 2018

We apologize for your negative experience. We are always working on improving, and take all comments into consideration!

A good (not perfect) place to drive.
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJuly 10, 2018
J.B. Hunt actually is a fairly good company to drive for. No company is perfect, but they definitely do many things to improve the life of the driver and keep you rolling as best they can.

Many of the terminals have courtesy cars, allowing you to drive off the terminal to a restaurant, or to go shopping, etc.

The solo trucks are not double bunks. Instead, there are cabinets where the second bunk typically is, giving you much more space to store things without feeling like everything is jammed together.
Pros
Courtesy cars. Nice truck interior. Power Inverter
Cons
It's trucking so it's rough for some people
July 11, 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback! We take all comments into consideration. Thanks for being a driver!

Pay compensation
Capacity Procurement Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2018
The pay is horrible, and it is hard to promote if you are not working in the corporate office. They do not hire for managers within. The budget is unattainable.
Pros
Off on weekends
Cons
Hire outside for managers
A decent place to work
Local Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAJuly 10, 2018
If it wasn't LA traffic, I'd probably liked it more. I always had a base layer of stress at work. I didn't feel like the pay was fair; you could make $350+ a night working the safe streets, but struggle to make over $200 during the day when it's dangerous to drive. The gap shouldn't be that much between day and night drivers.
Pros
Decent pay, good benefits
Cons
Bad traffic, lot's of tech issues
July 11, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! We are always working on improving the driver experience.

Fine place to learn and move on
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 9, 2018
Good place to learn and gain experience out of college. In final mile division, if you become proficient in inventory you are golden to the company. Hardest part of job is long hours, dealing with drivers and incompetent managers.
Pros
Ability to learn, holidays off, benefits were fine.
Cons
Poor management, uncompetitive salaries, and long hours
Great company to work for.
Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJuly 8, 2018
Worked there for almost 17 yrs. Got promoted two times. Great people to work for. Had like 7 to 8 new bosses . Over all I loved working for JBHUNT. Great Bossses .
Pros
401k, paid vacations

Want to know more about J.B. Hunt?

Ask a question
Always busy no time for yourself and good luck spending time with your family.
Truck Driver/Yard Jockey (Former Employee) –  Breiningsville/Bethlehem Pa.July 7, 2018
Comity show on a daily basis. Always something dumb happening, if not with employees but with management. Can say is a good company to work for and with
Pros
Good money good people
Cons
No family life
July 9, 2018

We apologize for your negative experience, but we are thankful for your feedback. We are always working on improving the driver experience!

j.b hunt
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJuly 6, 2018
a couple of my first trips were moving empty shipping containers from yard to yard and they didn't get me started on the road right away they don't have a lot of miles
July 11, 2018

We appreciate your feedback, and take all comments into consideration! Thank you for being a driver.

I enjoy working at jb hunt
Class a driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 4, 2018
I have work with jbhunt for 3yrs and counting I work on on The Eckrich account I also have work on other accounts like home depot and Intermodal like all jobs it has it ups and downs but I love it I have a new truck, and i bring my truck home, and they have the drive app that is very useful
Pros
Cons
At this time i have none
July 5, 2018

Thank you for providing your feedback! We are glad you are pleased with your experience at J.B. Hunt so far. Drive safe!

To Stressful
Orintation Corinator (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJuly 1, 2018
To much politics and could not handle it. The company does not care about there employees. The best thing that I like about my last position there was taking care of the drivers because I know how I was treated over my career and I didn't want to treat them that way and the company didn;t like that
Steady Job
JB Hunt Intermodel (Former Employee) –  Southgate, CAJune 30, 2018
J.B. Hunt started out as a great company. They hired me for the Target account but I didn't get it. They promised me the next opening would be mine if I did Intermodel. I tried numerous times to get in but never did. I worked there 2yrs 8mo. And got to depressed and ended up getting fired for 1 stupid mistake. Changed dispatch to many times and some cared about you others did not.
Pros
Job security
Cons
No payed vacation
July 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback about your experience with J.B. Hunt. We take all comments into consideration!

Dissapointed
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 30, 2018
Didn't stand behind or appreciate drivers.
Moved around used and abused
Home one day a week
Sent to different accounts without drivers approval
July 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are always working on improving the driver experience, and take your comments into consideration!

Good Company
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARJune 27, 2018
JB Hunt is a good company to work for with great management. It is difficult to be hired among various departments unless you know someone. The pay is poor compared to other large companies in the area.
JB Hunt is what you make it
Intermodal Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 26, 2018
As a driver you will be in a position to earn consistant income with industry leading support, but you must be a safe and smart driver. Not the biggest paycheck or the easiest, but it is the best.
July 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are always working on improving the driver experience, and take your comments into consideration. Drive Safe!

dedicated amazon truck driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 25, 2018
Miles are there if you want them. 401k could be better as they only match to 3%. If you do the work you are left alone, no one is on your case. Money is not bad, but you put in the hours and the loads are time sensitive.
July 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are always working on improving the driver experience, and take your comments into consideration. Drive safe!

JB Hunt did not live up to what it promised me at Orientation.
Professional OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIJune 25, 2018
Specifically, time off days I signed up for. The drop and hook dedicated account required more work maneuvering than the average drop and hook dedicated accounts I worked in the past. JB Hunt hid this fact during its orientation.

The management and dispatch personnel I found to be not honest people with me from the beginning of my employment with JB Hunt.
Pros
Pay per mile
Cons
Dishonesty and misleading management at my assigned dedicated account/terminal.
July 12, 2018

We are sorry for your negative experience. We take all comments into consideration, and are always striving to improve! Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J.B. Hunt. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

67out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at J.B. Hunt.