J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews

Found 1,628 reviews matching the search See all 1,640 reviews
Snow flakes are ruining the US economy
Parts Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJanuary 16, 2019
J B hunt shop employees used to be greeted by management with the Words:" leave your feelings at the door, and get the job done." Now it's all rainbows, butterflies,and unicorn farts.
Some jobs are better than others.
CDL Class A and B delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJanuary 15, 2019
JB Hunt came to town and took over the shipping department, Had to join or leave Joined. Some times it paid well others not as good. Some jobs really tough.
hardest part of job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJanuary 11, 2019
Really there wasn't a hard part, working for them was a pleasure and if they had work near me I would be glad to join their company again. Management took the drivers life into consideration when configuring routing so there wasn't many issues on work schedules.
Pros
management
January 14, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback! We are glad to hear you had a positive experience.

Blank
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARJanuary 10, 2019
Unfortunately, my experience has been a disheartening one. Nothing that was promised in the beginning has been provided. Thankful for a job, but not very happy with the department.
Pros
I have a job
Cons
To much to say
good equipment
INTERMODEL DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAJanuary 10, 2019
good place to work, management seemed to care. easiest trucking job I ever had. Pay was low living in the Seattle area. Equipment was well cared for if the drivers red tagged equipment.
Pros
caring managers
January 14, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! Please know that we are always working to improve the driver experience.

Decent place to work
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 10, 2019
Place is alright to work, they usually start off pretty lax in the mornings. Once afternoon hits is when stuff gets serious and work is getting done.
Good job long hours
Driver (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 10, 2019
Depends on what your looking for. Apply for local then told your regional by management. You're going to work 60-70 hours in 5 days with 2 off this is not a typical mon-fri job. I average 440-575 miles a night. Sign on bonuses are offered and paid quarterly. If you like Chicago this is the place for you you'll see plenty of it. Managment is primarily concerned with covering loads. They will not "waste" an driver with available HOS. Year on nights for all newcomers regardless of preference. The trucks are new, well kept and assigned but you get the bird by grandma because it took you an half hour to pass a jalopy at 65mph. Do not quit without cleaning out the truck first or else your stuff is treated like garbage because you don't like "their" job.
Pros
Nice friendly people great customers.
Cons
Micro managed to death.

Great place to learn
Commercial Driver (Current Employee) –  Sumner, WAJanuary 9, 2019
JB Hunt has an excellent introduction to the company and training for those who need it. You are supported every step of the way from driving to the use of the computing systems.

A typical day starts at the dispatch office to get assignments and from there you go to your truck to do your daily pre-trip and log onto the computer system on the truck.

After that, you take an empty trailer to the customer and take the customers loaded trailer to the rail yard. At the rail yard, you would pick up a loaded trailer for a customer and do it all again in reverse order.

Direct management is supportive and helpful as long as you follow the rules and safety procedures.

The workplace culture is not stressful at all and everyone is friendly. If you're a driver you'll be busy and need to be a quick pace when doing your job.

The hardest part of the job is the long day, 10 to 12 hours sometimes and that takes away from home time.

The most enjoyable part is that you have an office with a window view, get to drive to different places and be outdoors.
Pros
The training, the supportive staff and management
Cons
The pay is not hourly, it's performance based. The long hours
Fast Paced and Stressful
Transportation Representative (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ArkansasJanuary 6, 2019
Very fast paced and stressful. Although great pay, hours, and benefits. Recommend job to those who are good at computers and multitasking. If not, this isn't the work place for you.
Pros
Pay, Hours, Benefits
Cons
Manager
Challenging every moment, only the best will accomplish there duty as a professional driver
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Front Royal, VAJanuary 6, 2019
Training are very important, no matter how long you been driving, safety are a very important factor of being a professional driver. Sometimes every driver for a long time, it's good to have special training on safety, time to time.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
The job can be tough for long period of time.

Lack of appreciation
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 6, 2019
I am a former employees. I had a dependable attendance and have a great work ethic. I went above and beyond a what was required of me. I had a minor incident with the cruise control in the new automatics, at a speed of 30 miles per hour, and was let go just like that. If you're a J B Hunt employee, you can be replaced at any time for any reason. I am not a disgruntled ex employee but I am an unappreciated one. This is all true and not exaggerated.
January 14, 2019

We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. Thank you for taking your time to provide your feedback! We take all comments into consideration and use them to help us improve the driver experience.

It started off great and then it all went sour.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 4, 2019
I started off on first shift making 13. I got a promotion by my boss, but then 2 months later my boss was fired. I re applied with another boss doing the same exact job, and I lost all benefits 3 dollar raise, and no overtime..
local
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJanuary 2, 2019
worked as a local driver hauling hardy board was a good job and home every day and off weekends great benifets only bad thing is there is strick rules for workers that get hurt and cant come back to work to many hoops to jump thru and they put you on back burner
Cons
if you get hurt on job hard to get back on
January 14, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. Please know we take all comments into consideration, and we use them to help us improve the driver experience!

Wild West
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, KYJanuary 2, 2019
JB Hunt has a hard working mentality and culture that can be great to work within. However, to quote my regional manager, employee training and development is "the wild west." Employees get dropped in the deep end and are expected to teach themselves.
Pros
Good pay, good safety values
Cons
lack of training and employee development
Decent
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJanuary 2, 2019
I do not have that strong of an opinion about this company. It is right in the middle of okay and bad for me. The pay was well, and a plus was that I was home every week.
Pros
hometime, pay
Cons
equipment
January 8, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback!

When it's good, it's ok. When it's bad it's the worst.
Intermodal driver (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 31, 2018
Paid by the load. If you hustle and they have the freight, its decent. When they're slow, you may need a part time job! Management isn't the best, a few are ok. Most are not. Split seating with trucks. Meaning you do have an assigned truck, but they give it out to so many other driver's, you can go weeks without even seeing it. Which also means your on a different filthy truck almost every night.
Pros
When they have freight and if you're willing to hustle, you can make pretty decent pay!
Cons
Freight is hit or miss, you can work very long hrs and not even make minimum wage, not having your assigned truck regularly is stressful do to sharing with nasty drivers, Forced dispatch, long hours.
January 14, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We take all comments into consideration and use them to help us improve the driver experience.

Poor management
Owner and Operator (Current Employee) –  Florida State, FLDecember 29, 2018
Company doesn’t have good management, if you have a problem with your fleet manager than you are screwed, and have no access to his supervisor .
You will never have access to the supervisor and he will never introduce himself to any driver, the only way to reach a supervisor is to contact HR .
Huge company and you will easy get lost in it !!!
Pros
Load board that give you access to the loads
Cons
Management are not fair and play favors, low pay detentions

It was great
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARDecember 28, 2018
Good hrs to work you get to go home anytime you want and its okay to be on the road with them they are very laid back no talking on the phone while driving
January 9, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We appreciate your comment!

was a good job
class a driver flatbed (Former Employee) –  atl gaDecember 27, 2018
good job good pay good benefits lost contract was reassigned to something else right away just could not get used to the different type of work and took a different job in another state
Pros
good company
January 9, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We appreciate your comment, and always strive to improve the driver experience!

Productive work place
Claim Manager (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARDecember 19, 2018
Processed worker's comp claims for injured employees, mostly trucker drivers. Also handled the Return to work for light duty positions. Hardest part of job when the claim was denied

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J.B. Hunt. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at J.B. Hunt.

Powered by Comparably