J.B. Hunt
Happiness rating is 61 out of 100

J.B. Hunt

J.B. Hunt Delivery truck driver( straight truck) Review

Slave drivers

The money is very good if you don't mind working a million hours a week and not having a life other than work. The equipment isnt maintained and you have to complain to get it fixed

Pros

Big pay checks

Cons

12 to 14 hour work day

5.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Same role

I love this company. I actually quit a job with USPS to come back to JB Hunt because of how much I love them as a company. Only real complaint I have on the local intermodal account is just the instability. I prefer to be on a dedicated route soni know ot at least have an general idea what my pay is going to be. With local intermodal it's really just a day to day depending on how freight looks and if the trains are on time. Could make as much as 300 a day or could be days that's they have no freight and just have you shuttling empties. But overall as a whole, the company cares about their drivers and does their best to take care of you.

Straight forward

I work on a dedicated account 5 days on 2 days off. Good place to work. After being an owner operator for most of my 19 years trucking it’s nice to just have a job. No truck headaches.

Pros

Good pay. Paid time off.

Cons

Wish I had joined earlier in my trucking career. I kind of burned out on trucking.
Same role

Not a honest place to work . They have their picks

They will put prizes on your check that you don't receive and you have to pay taxes on it . When you ask them about it , all you get is they'll look into it . Stay on top of your check stubs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J.B. Hunt. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at J.B. Hunt.
Powered byComparably