J.B. Hunt
Happiness rating is 62 out of 100

J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews in Lowell, AR

Good place to work if you have a good manager, but some of them are micromanagers which makes the job miserable. Pay is unfortunately pretty low. Facilities are nice, different restaurants bring food daily, gym, etc.
Company is growing IT wise, space constrains to accomodate employees and shifting offices based on supervisor decisions. Work can be a challenge where supervisor just make their boss happy and life of their reportees a mess.
Nothing was as they said To many sales reps trying to fight for the same business Margins unrealistic Very poor management Job misrepresented from the beginning To many unrealistic expectations Management not truthful about Job performance
When I began working at JB Hunt the atmosphere and day to day life at work was enjoyable and you got the feeling that the management wanted you to succeed and truly wanted the best for you. Once the management change was completed the company no longer cared for the employee. Each quarter the company would see increases in profits and revenue but the employees no longer saw a bonus and their yearly raise was poor at best.
I work hard to develop new business prospects, manage existing accounts and strengthen existing new and existing relationships. I am very industry savy and have a true pashion for the industry. I am well liked and respected by my customers and peers. I typically work about 55 hours a week remotly and wile traveling. I have been very sucessful but for me to move in the company this would require relocation to AR which I am not willing to do.
If you can get in the right division and the right team you will have a great experience. However, if you do not, you will likely not enjoy your time there.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Work/home balance difficult if you try to advance your career
I enjoy what I do, always enjoy learning new tasks. The only drawback is pay rate is not great for the amount of work that you are responsible for taking care of. Required to work 45 hours a week. You stay very busy which I like but they require a bachelor's degree so you would expect the pay to be better, that part id disappointing.
It sucked when I first started working there in 01 it sucked in 03 , 05, 07 2012 can’t believe I worked there five times lol dumbest thing I ever done
Management, dispatch and salary Management and dispatch needs training on how effectively to operate the system that are available to go their jobs. Poor scheduling dispatcher aren’t knowledgeable. No home time, don’t get paid for every mile driven.
I like the people here they are so nice and the job is simple and easy and my boss is the coolest boss ive ever had. As long as you do your job you don't have your boss breathing down you neck. A laid back job
Pros
the catering for breakfast and lunch
Cons
havent found any yet
I enjoyed my time at JB Hunt. I never lived the same day twice, and I loved learning a variety of skills and exercising problem solving and critical thinking skills. I most enjoyed the time spent helping my customers.
September 24, 2019
We're so glad to hear this. Thank for sharing your feedback, we appreciate it!
I loved working here & i met some of the most amazing people and i hope to come back. I loved how competitive it was and how it continued to grow daily
Pros
Great people
Cons
Stairs
September 20, 2019
We're glad you had a positive experience! Thanks for sharing your feedback!
They always found a way to make my dr. appointments every 3 months for bloodwork. Overall they are a good company to work for just wished to be home more oftento be home
Pros
Benefits / work 25 days home 5
September 19, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate the feedback!
I really enjoy driving for this company, I come home every 2 weeks. I can do home time in 2 different states to see my family in Arkansas and South Carolina
September 19, 2019
The work days i experienced were 7-5 Very fast paced. One hour for lunch. My manager made the job for me. The best part is having your work shown off.
September 18, 2019
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback - we appreciate it!
Overall great place to work. Great culture, Positive environment, Opportunities to advance, etc. The pay doesn't compensate for stress level though...
September 19, 2019
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad you've had a positive experience and we appreciate your feedback!
This company though it’s big An has lots of benefits they have the most judgmental,arrogant,unprofessional management I’ve ever experienced. This company promises one thing but does the opposite and lastly after working there 4 years an being the recipient of multiple driver awards I was fired for a miscommunication on scheduling/fires via text/and then they lied to unemployment just so they could deny me my unemployment benefits.
September 6, 2019
We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback - we take all comments into consideration.
Hard to work under specific criteria driving specifics some times unrealistic for today's invornment position does not allow driver to apply existing experience to be efficient and safe.
August 29, 2019
Great culture, great management, great professionals and experience. Enjoyed it the whole time. Only real downside is the pay. It is not very competitive to the market. On average my old co-workers that left received jobs that paid 44% higher.
August 26, 2019
Thanks for taking the time to share about your experience. We appreciate the feedback!
Nice company with good job security. Just doesn't pay much.Management is good but a bit difficult to move up and when you do, not much of a pay increase.
August 22, 2019
Thanks for taking the time to share about your experience - we appreciate the honest feedback!
Great place to start your career. Not a lot of advancement opportunities. Hours are not very flexible in most spots. PTO is solid if you've been there a few years.
August 22, 2019
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad you've had a positive experience and appreciate your comments!