J.B. Hunt Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 588 reviews matching the search See all 1,783 reviews
terrible management.
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYJune 15, 2019
Hr and your driver managers are the same people. They don't support their drivers when push comes to shove. They don't care about sleep schedule and they don't tell you how many unpaid time off you have. The minimum guarantee isn't legally binding, so anyone looking to see your pay, jb hunt won't say they offer a guarantee. No detention pay. You are always at fault at jb hunt.
Pros
1200 per week "minimum guarantee" not in a legal sense.
Cons
everything else.
June 18, 2019

Thank you for your honest feedback. If you have any improvement suggestions, please share those with our Driver Experience team at 1-866-211-2540.

Good place to work if your not in recruiting.
Special Forces Driver Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARJune 7, 2019
They promise oppertunity and advancement but only if your not in recruiting. Even in recruiting hit a slow drought like everyone normally does and your in constant fear of loosing your job. As a really good military recruiter said "do you want to do everything right and still get screwed?" Most other departments everyone actually seems happy to be at work and enjoys the company. Just don't go into recruiting, and if you do, do whatever you can to get out quickly.
Pros
Comission pay
Cons
Expensive benefits, Job Security
June 10, 2019

Hello, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Thank you for the honest feedback.

Cool atmosphere
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 5, 2019
Terrible company to work for...
Only good thing about company is home daily position
..pay is low because dm's....and planners won't load you up to maintain a decent living weekly
June 10, 2019

We appreciate your feedback and will take it into consideration to help us improve the driver experience.

Why isn't there an option for 0 stars?☹
Company Driver - Solo - OTR (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 31, 2019
Another company not wanting to feed the oxen. If all commercial drivers were to immediately end their employment with all carriers who pay by CPM, the trucking industry could be restructured where drivers have labor rights and adequate compensation. Very sad indeed. As always, only work here if you are homeless.

Solid company
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 28, 2019
Big company. Lots of opportunity to grow. Must be willing to move to climb ladder quickly. I learned a great deal when I was with the company. Vacation time could improve
Benefits
Cons
Weekend work
May 29, 2019

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We're glad to have you as part of the team!

JB Hunt is a idea Company
Regional Intermodal Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 24, 2019
JB Hunt takes care of their associates from hours worked to benefits. They provide great time at home with your family. They keep you moving to ensure you get decent pay.
May 30, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! We are glad you had a positive experience and appreciate your comment.

Contract Dedicated is the way to go
Dedicated Driver (Former Employee) –  CTMay 24, 2019
Job is tough but financially it's one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life. In less than 1 year after graduation from CDL school, I was already on my way to make over $70K for the year. Long hours and family/work life would be better but it pays the bills and secures a great future for my family. Dedicated Contract service is the way to go for sure!
Pros
Financial

Best company driver job
Mission Foods Dedicated Driver (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 19, 2019
Dedicated work is best. Managers are always available and pay is good.

Bad part: your a target for other drivers to run you off the road.

No pets, no apu, no inverters and you live on the road for days.
Pros
consistency
Cons
No pets, No apu, No inverters
May 30, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! We appreciate your comment and use all comments to improve the driver experience.

Typical Mega Carrier
Regional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAMay 16, 2019
If assigned to a good account then JB Hunt is a great place for drivers but as with most mega carriers the stigma still exists. If you can find a better job, I'd take it.
Pros
Steady work, great exercise for certain accounts, pay was pretty consistent
Cons
It's a mega carrier
May 20, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! Please know that we are always working to improve the driver experience.

Worked there 12years could possibly go back
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Washington StateMay 15, 2019
Worked in dcs dedicated accounts and was treated fairly once you pay your dues and gain some seniority you can have a regular schedule and good work life balance
Pros
They leave you alone to do your job if you are good at it
Cons
You have to gain seniority to really be treated well
May 20, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! Please know we take all comments into consideration, and we use them to help us improve the driver experience.

They are on the right track...
Freight Broker (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARMay 7, 2019
J.B. Hunt is focused on its mission, but they do care about their employees more than any company I have worked for. They're main objective with employees is to find people that have no problem BTGT, Being The Go To. Learn as much as you can about your job, and do whatever you can to be the person everyone else relies on. A simple concept, but there are lots of competent, hungry people following the same path.
Pros
Gym, Good pay, Good Benefits
Cons
Still a "buddy" system for promotion, Corporate is ultra-competitive
May 10, 2019

Long hour days
Local driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2019
You put in almost 10 to 14 hours a day sometimes and it seemed like it was never enough and then when you get your check you seem like you was always short and you had to go back in and talk to the manager and get paid the following week for something that should have been paid the week that you earned the money.
Pros
New equipment
Cons
Hours for too long management didn't really give a care
May 8, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. Please know we take all comments into consideration, and we use them to help us improve the driver experience!

Great relaxed environment
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 1, 2019
Approach every day positively. There is plenty of support and training. Like any company there will be challenges but a great place to learn and grow.
Pros
Benefits, technology, happy people
Cons
Evaluation and write ups monthly if u don't make your numbers. High Turnover
May 2, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! We are glad you had a positive experience working for us and appreciate your comment.

Your Pretty much a monkey behind the wheel.
Regional Driver (Current Employee) –  Tannersville, PAApril 26, 2019
Well first of all as with any company in the trucking industry, it seems like The recruiters will tell you anything you want to hear just to get you in the door, and then lo and behold, and go figure, that’s not the job description at all. Constant harassing dispatchers, dispatchers seem to get off on making you feel small, and they’re always negative. I can’t stand when the company portrays some type of family environment when it is not at all. You’re just another number you’re a monkey behind the steering wheel. The trucks are only governed for 65 mph, pretty humiliating on the road. And forget about ever calling in sick, they make it nearly impossible for you to return to work. But that’s another story I really don’t want to get into. If you don’t mind just being another monkey behind the wheel or just another number, then this might be the job for you. I guess it depends upon the person. The pay was great the benefits are great and the paid time off is great but it doesn’t seem worth all the aggravation.
Pros
Pay, benefits, and PTO
Cons
Management, dispatcher’s, to many work hours for the money
April 29, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We take all comments into consideration and use them to help us improve the driver experience.

Great place
Driver Trainer (Former Employee) –  NatiowideApril 19, 2019
Look, any trucking job is demanding, but JB Hunt really cares about their drivers. If you are still driving I would not shy away from working at JB Hunt.
Pros
Stable company/401K
Cons
Work/home balance
April 24, 2019

We appreciate your feedback and will take it into consideration to help us improve the driver experience!

JB ok account I was on in Syracuse was NOT!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 19, 2019
JB Hunt is an ok company to work for if you can get on the right account, which I was not. And watch your paycheck because I never made over $350 a week and I was working between 12-14 hours per night. If you don't make more then that in your first few weeks don't waste your time staying because it wont get any better, they just like to waste your time saying it will.
Pros
Local
Cons
Under paid hard work!!
April 24, 2019

Thanks for the feedback! We take any and all comments into consideration.

20 years - ok but no chance to grow
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 17, 2019
worked 20 years on a dedicated account out of st. louis - first 2-4 years looked good and like a possible growth with good pay, benefits and bonuses. Years 5-10 management changes and no pay increases, but I stuck it out because I liked the company and was hoping for better - years 10-15 bonus system removed, changed years for vacation, changed management often and safety was tossed out the door - new equipment starting to come in years 15-18 but pay still not increasing to match COL and safety really becoming an issue - started to look for better opportunity, really didnt want to leave as I had invested so much time but an opportunity came and I took it.
Pros
low pay - poor safety managment
Cons
expensive benefits, no pay increases, no bonus
April 24, 2019

okay at first but no reward
Operations Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  TXApril 16, 2019
First year started off fairly decent my mgn that I started out with was great but then he moved up and on then unfortuantly got I got two clowns after that in the time frame of being there 1 year and half pretty horrible turn over rate. I expressed I wanted to move up a number of times and was looked over everytime. Ultimately I was forced to relocate which meant a much farther commute and no compensation for it. I will say I love and will miss my drivers but other that not the job itself that do not go out of there way to keep you.
Pros
christmas party
Cons
youll go through several mgns, job locations suck
April 18, 2019

Hello, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Thank you for the honest feedback - have a nice day!

Long hours, low pay.
Fleet Manager/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 8, 2019
This job was a good job to transition from OTR driving. It had good moments depending on who was directing the terminal. As with many low-level management jobs in transportation, the hours were long and the work schedule unstable. This was 20 years ago, and I hope that it has changed since then.
April 9, 2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! We are glad you had a positive experience and appreciate your comment.

great place to work good dispatchers
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 7, 2019
JB Hunt is a great place to work they treat the drivers like family i had great miles every week the pay was on time and if there were any problems it was work on right away.
Pros
great meals on driver appreciation day
Cons
limited advancements
April 11, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback! We are glad to hear you had a positive experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J.B. Hunt. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight