J.D. Byrider Employee Reviews

n/a
Portfolio Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ARMay 13, 2018
Very laid back company that doesnt balance work/life. the compensation is at its lowest and you work long hours. the people of course is great to work with
atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 9, 2018
This job entitles that your not selling cars you are sellling a program to qualified customers. The hardest part about the job was to make at minimum 80 phone calls a day cold calling no matter how many cars you sold.
Met some good people
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 7, 2018
I really enjoyed working with many different customers and assisting them with their service needs and challenges. The work place culture was also friendly.
Playground
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAMay 4, 2018
There was no structure unless the owner was scheduled to show up. Some of the employees seemed to get away with murder while others were treated like garbage.
Fun and always an adventurer
Program consultant (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 25, 2018
JD Byrider in Chandler is an amazing location to work for. Every staff member there from the automotive techs to the finance team to the sells and all the way to the owners are amazing! There is always someone to help you out. It’s not like any other dealership out there. They are all very genuine people. I absolutely would recommend working here. It’s such a pro team environment you can’t go wrong! El Jefe (GM) is very responsive to all the staffs needs and ensures you have the proper tools to succeed!
Pros
Staff, program, hour lunch
Cons
Me leaving
2 wks
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Ft. Smith, ARApril 10, 2018
I was hired 3 wks ago. I never claimed to me a master mechanic and was told that I would be shown stuff I didnt know.. Needless to say I was let go at quitting time. The service manager was poorly organized and very poor management skills. I was told that I probably wouldnt make it in the field there but I have a great want to attitude.. The service manager also never explained anything and inwas treated as the odd person out..he would joke, play and talk to others but never talk to me..
Pros
Wasnt there long enough
Cons
Poor management and orginization
Face paced sales enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLApril 9, 2018
I would highly recommend this company to anyone who is seeking a fast paced sales opportunity. It is a competitive, sales driven workplace, that offers multiple career advancements.
Good work and good managers
Lead Mapper (Former Employee) –  12802 Hamilton Crossing Blvd, Carmel, IN 46032April 6, 2018
My manager was competent and there were frequent events like catering and casual fridays. I didn't work long but from what I saw the place was competent.
Poor work conditions
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 3, 2018
Conditions were poor and did not encourage success or growth. Staff was threatened to meet numbers which caused a cut throat environment and lack of teamwork.
Poor franchise leadership
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 3, 2018
Terrible experience with San Antonio franchise. Terrible upper management that couldn’t spell leadership. Poor quality inventory on top of a super subprime loan. No true care for the customers. It was really a shameful, negative, and depressing experience. I wouldn’t recommend to anyone for employment or vehicle purchasing.
Pros
Salary and Saturday hours
Cons
Worklife balance, leadership, culture, etc.
A productive detail oriented work culture.
Help Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INMarch 31, 2018
A lot of collaboration on different problems that arise. Management is out there helping us with anything we need them for. Lots of team building to use our collective strengths.
okay
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 28, 2018
WRiting service and talking to customers, Technicians, and management. Hard to get on with because it has closed. was a great place and good people to work with
Selling cars makes $
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  East Dundee, ILMarch 26, 2018
Selling cars can be lucrative, I made good money doing it with no experience walking into the dealership. Your relationship with your sales manager will make or break the relationship as a good manager will keep you busy and chasing your next deal. For me, the manager constantly fed the other guy leads as I was good at finding my own business. Not exactly ok to be punished for being persistent and goal orientated but it is what it is.
Pros
Commision
Cons
Split deals
Great/Good/Stressful
Document Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMarch 26, 2018
I worked for the company for 16 years. Byrider was a great place to work but, things started changing once the owner passed away. The culture did change but didn't seem to effect me and my team. I always tried to take the brunt and be a cheerleader and positive role model for my employees. I know that the happier and less stressed people are then the more productive they are. Towards the end of my career, more functions were being put on me and the team with no incentive or help. I tried my best with no luck. The company was trying to save money but, at the expense of losing long time employees.
review of JD Byrider
Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAMarch 23, 2018
I don't have anything really to say about JD Byrider. It was a different atmosphere to work in. It would be a good place for someone looking to have a change of pace.
Ask around
CAR SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaMarch 20, 2018
Overall, company is poorly ran at all levels. There are some quality people under poor management and that s very unfortunate. Pay Plan for sales associates sucks and often times so confusing that you dont actually know how your being paid. i dont know how to describe it other than sad and funny at the same time.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Bad pay plans, bad cars, and bad management
embarrassed to say i worked there
Service Writer / Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INMarch 18, 2018
What did I learn? I learned how they takes advantage of the poor people in our area. They take a 2005 vehicle with 150,000 miles on it and sell to someone with a very low income that very same car for payments ranging from $500.00 to $800.00 per month depending on their income.
Pros
co workers
Cons
management
Job description
Controller (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 18, 2018
Job duties fell well within the range of my capabilities and was challenging.

Management was not very respectful of abilities and dedication leaving employees to feel unappreciated.
Good Opportunity
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 15, 2018
You can make as much as you want, depending on the time you want to put in. It truly has a good program that they offer the customer. They are truly trying to do right by the customer.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Long Hours
A lesson learned.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Durham N.CMarch 9, 2018
If you have no exsperience in the industry it can be a great place to work because you dont know better. If you have exsperience dont go they will manipulate your money and lie in your face.do whatever it takes do keep you quiet and get a car sold.
Pros
Free lunch on every other Friday
Cons
Your basically working on certain type cars.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J.D. Byrider. Our community is ready to answer.