J.D. Byrider Employee Reviews

Unreasonable goals and zero training
GM Manager (Current Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 13, 2019
Expectations are high with no training
6 day work weeks open - close
No one at corporate cares about the customers. You only get the run around.
No one at corporate will even talk to customers
Junk old cars with super high mileage sold to desperate people at an outrageous interest rate.
Cars come with a “warranty” for another $3000 on top of the over priced car
Cars are “inspected” and repaired with junkyard parts
job not very good money
CAR SALESMAN (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 13, 2019
job is easy but very competitive and hard to make extra money than perdeium. 1 ssalesman makes great money and others not so much. hard to make a living.
Pros
fun
Cons
no money
Difficult to score
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 12, 2019
Depending on where you are located it is either going to be a great place to work or a stressful place to work. Where I am the people are great, but the pressure on us is overwhelming for a location where EVERYONE is new to car sales.
Pros
being able to help lesser credit customers get into a car.
Cons
Your schedule can be effected by your locations performance, meaning you will Work 6 days straight until your location hits goal.
Hostile work environment.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJanuary 6, 2019
Manager didnt care if coworkers were hostile, violent, or incompetent and would instead resort to victim blaming. All management cared about were numbers and impressing their own managers. My pay decreased every year I worked their and was dependent on the performance of other departments and not based on my own work and skills. Technicians are not paid time and a half for overtime because the company takes advantages of a loophole that let's them get away with it even though I was told in my interview that I would be. Also, customers were not respected and were taken advantage of. J.D. Byrider is a predatory business, more so then most. Cars look pretty, but limited repairs are done, and few things are covered under the warranty. Don't work here. Don't buy for here.
Pros
Lots of paid time off. Get to drive a company car most nights.
Cons
Hostile work environment, No accountability for coworkers who are incompetent or hostile, Predatory of their customers.
Not a great place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 1, 2019
I worked here for three months, and it wasn't a great place. The cars are junk and they judge based on appearance. I've seen it on countless occasions and I don't think that's good business.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, low pay, terrible hours.
Management lacking
Program Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIDecember 28, 2018
Management more concerned with moving cars they have had the longest, not meeting the customers needs and not concerned with customers getting what they need when in a distressed situation and sub prime credit customers. Statements like they have no where else to go, and we are their last stop. Taking advantage of someones poor credit score is one thing but coercing them into something that isant in their best interest is predatory.
Cons
Not worth the stress
My training
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 9, 2018
Mybtraining was a month long. (More than ok with me) the day I was “on my own” I really wasn’t. My first day someone took a customer of mine. I only got to make 5 phone calls that day because I was doing EVEREYONES applications from start to finish and Monday is my early day. Tuesday was my day off. Wednesday I ended up in the hospital and STILL came into work after even though the doctor told me not to. I made a few calls and left because I was still sick. Thursday I placed 112 calls and texts. I’ve been told to find my own nitch and since I found out that didn’t work, I had a plan for the next day. Friday I only had 16-20 calls. Now mind you, all of my call logs are from people who do not wants cars because they are old accounts. I placed all the calls and set up to send texts at 3 and another phone call at 530. Before I got a chance to do any of that, I was called into the office and asked to leave. I wasn’t even given a chance. I was hired knowing I have 0 experience in the car industry and got fired a few days after my training. The guy that fired me is barely in the building and doesn’t see everything that I have done
Pros
You can run errands if you want. Some people aren’t nice
Cons
People changing numbers to make sales. They judge people based on their job and how they look.
Fun to work there
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 27, 2018
Working at Byrider I felt like I was part of a family. Everyone was nice to each other, and they understood if you needed to miss time for an illness or for a family members illness or any reason really, they understood life happens outside of work.
easy to sell program, inventory was lacking in quantity and quality
CAR SALESMAN (Former Employee) –  11150 i-35 san antonio tx 78233October 26, 2018
a typical day would include generating new leads while also following up on old leads and verifying appointments. After that you would help customers thorough their credit application, if customer is approved you would then land them on a vehicle and negotiate price/monthly payment and down payment.
Pros
selling the program was simple
Cons
inventory was lacking in both quantity and quality
Easy Work
Auto Detailer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 24, 2018
Pull in a car in the morning, clean it, then sell it, then move to the next one. Its super easy and fair job. Know how to detail before you walk in the door.
Nothing positive to say
Finance department assistant (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLOctober 22, 2018
There's nothing positive to say here, I know of a few employees including myself who were promised one pay but yet paid another and did not get our 90-day pay raise nor did we get it after 6 months. Management was of no help at all. Very sad workplace.
Great place to work!
Office Manager/Store Controller (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHOctober 16, 2018
We had a great team! Our team was very family oriented. I would have liked to retire from my Office Manager position, but our location closed. I RECOMMEND WORKING FOR JDBYRIDER!
Unreasonable
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILOctober 14, 2018
This job offers very little pay. Minimum wage barely. Raises are far few between and a minuscule amount. Politics are discussed regularly making for a uncomfortable work environment. No benefits to anyone other than management. Despite being located in a very diverse community, none of management is of a diverse background. None.
Pros
None really
Cons
Pay, benefits, work family balance
Great place to work.
Branch Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INOctober 9, 2018
Really enjoyed working there...I had to quit so I could relocate and they found me another position at another location after I left...this position ended up being eliminated but these things happen.
Busy and Fun work place
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  North Kansas City Mo.September 30, 2018
Pro's: fun co workers, schedule is Mon-Friday. Day goes by fast. Company cars to drive to and from work.

Cons: customers, no 401 k matching, lack of advancement, no raises, a lot of ovrrtime. Healthcare benefit is not the best
Stressful
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVSeptember 11, 2018
Management was unpredictable changes all the time never knew if you were still going to have a job month to month.So times were good some times werent
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Job security
Great company
Loan Document Processor (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 3, 2018
Its a good company to work for. Learned a lot Management is good Loved work culture, The hardest part of my job were the customer not understanding things. Enjoyable are my co workers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Healthcare
Lead Technician / Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 30, 2018
Stress free and fast paced. Nice knowing u get paid regardless of running into a problem vehicle hat may take days to diagnose and repair. Most management are respectable to the techs
Pros
Left alone to perform job, if someone is self motivated it is a great place to work
Cons
Techs sometimes who dont know what they are doing
Fun and lucrative if you are willing to work
Program Consultant (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCAugust 27, 2018
Like any job you will get what you put in. If you have the drive and desire to work hard and make something of yourself you can be very successful here. I have not been on the job for forever however this is easily one of the best jobs I have had. Competition is fun here without being cutthroat or people trying to step on your toes. Good management structure and everyone is friendly and supportive regardless where you fall in the hierarchy.
Pros
Good people and decent money.
Cons
long hours, but worth it.
goal oriented
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLAugust 23, 2018
I enjoyed every moment I worked for them. They truly believe in what they do for the customer. Employees are living and breathing their mission. As a former customer as well I truly believe in what they do.
Pros
abilty to grow with the organiation
Cons
work alot of hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J.D. Byrider. Our community is ready to answer.