J.D. Mellberg Financial Employee Reviews

Stress and lies aren’t worth the job
Acount executive (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 10, 2019
They tell you that as long as you do your job and book appointments which the average is 1-2 a day and even if you are “average” you’re job is safe. But that’s all a LIE. If you get more than 1-2 appointments a day that is because you are put on calls that are 1000% times easier. And to get those type of calls that means you are on another level of a** kissing or if you’re a women who they think is VERY ATTRACTIVE. That job is all about that and lying from the beginning. It’s sounds super promising at first but then you stay there after 3 months and see who they really are. If you read this and then work there you’ll know exactly what I mean.
No job security
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 14, 2019
Stay away at all costs. There is no job security in this company. You'll spend 10 hours of your day making calls to retirees trying to convince them they need to speak with a financial adviser based on the idea that they called in to a commercial for a free book. If you're a great liar, haven't got a care in the world about integrity, and dont mind making empty promises to retired folk then you'll be fine at JD Mellberg. If not you won't last 2 months because management only cares about the appointments set not the employees. You can do better.
The Dishwasher Job of the Financial Industry
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Tucson Community Center, AZJune 5, 2019
The company has you go through great training to learn how to coerce callers into accepting an appointment with their advisers by offering a free book on TV so they call in...
Pros
Lunch time
Cons
Advisers unhappy with being paused, callers unhappy with not getting a free book without a sales pitch
Lots of opportunity for growth
Marketing Admin (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 2, 2019
They’re great people who are all about providing great experiences and supporting personal development. I really feel like I’ve been taken under the wing of the managers there, I can tell they actually care about what happens to me and that they listen to my ideas. I’m very thankful for how JD Mellberg has helped me grow professionally.
Pros
rapid growth, managers give support and listen, awesome professional development
Cons
must have a good work ethic to be truly successful
Great Lead Generation
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 31, 2019
JDM is a great marketing organization that helps in the area of developing leads for it's advisors. Once the lead is passed on it's up to the advisor to go out and close the sale.
No Work-Life Balance
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 6, 2019
I would not recommend working for this company. You have no work-life balance. The compensation is not good enough for the hours you are expected to put in. The job security is barely there, and the company's culture us too competitive. Management doesn't seem to care about its people at all. Stay Away, Folks!
A very stressful environment to work in
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 4, 2019
The work environment is stressful which lowers productivity levels. The deadlines can be very strict. Dealing with clients can be very frustrating especially when you come across a rude client.
Very pleasant work environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 12, 2019
Management has established a work environment of hard work, collaboration, and innovation that allows us to provide industry-leading solutions for clients. As a result, both clients and employees leave each project with a supreme sense of satisfaction. Competitive salaries and generous company benefits are also good to have.
Pros
positive work environment, satisfying work, competitive salaries, generous benefits
Cons
people who don’t take pride in their work may find difficulty fitting in with the culture
Great company
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 13, 2019
It’s great working for a company that handles annuities the right way and does right by their clients. It brings me a lot of satisfaction helping people plan and secure their dream retirements. I can’t underestimate how thankful I am that I found JD Mellberg either. In an industry that has been tainted by some truly bad players, it’s a relief that I’m able to work for someone that’s doing finance the right way.
Pros
the client always comes first, ethics are important
Cons
it takes hard work doing things the right way, but it’s worth it
Rewarding job
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 11, 2019
I enjoy that I get to help people plan out their retirement, a lot of times people don’t realize how far they can stretch their dollar or what opportunities lie out there for them even when they are retired. It’s been really satisfying helping people financially achieve their dream retirement plans.
Pros
rewarding, get to help others, great career opportunity
Cons
none for me
Inspiring place to work
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 24, 2019
I enjoy working for a company that's committed to supporting environmental and social initiatives. I really think that it helps everyone have a better attitude about the work we do everyday. We have people who work in a bunch of different fields, so if you want a job where you know you're making an impact, I'd definitely recommend checking out JD Mellberg.
Pros
dedicated to philanthropic initiatives, impactful work, impressive clients, talented team
Cons
nothing deal-breaking, problems happen just like any other job but they do a great job of handling them when they do
Best job I've had in years
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 14, 2019
I've got nothing but love for everyone at J.D. Mellberg. I've had so many jobs that I was just miserable at for so many years, that working there has been a true breath of fresh air. The people are so kind it's almost baffling, and my managers are incredibly patient and helpful. I love the team so much that I hope I'm there for many more years to come.
Pros
rewarding job, supportive team and management, incredibly nice people
Cons
nothing that I can think of
Clear upward track
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 11, 2019
JD Mellberg is structured to allow for nearly unlimited growth if you're willing to put the work in. Our platform and products themselves make it super easy to succeed too, so I've had great experiences all around.
Pros
clear growth track, quality service, supportive management
Cons
lots of customer service
I've had a great experience at J.D. Mellberg.
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 27, 2018
Everything's been great so far. I love that my position has a full base salary with a ton of added earning potential (I made more than 80K my first year, which is kind of crazy). I'm given the freedom to act as I see fit and go above and beyond to satisfy my clients. Benefits are great and the 3 weeks of paid vacation is just unheard of. One of the best companies I've worked for.
Pros
high earning potential, great benefits, lots of PTO
Cons
organization could be better at times, some clients are difficult to work with
Best professional experience of my life
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 17, 2018
It's been an awesome experience being able to learn from the incredible talents that I work with at JD Mellberg. I'm constantly learning new approaches and gaining inspiration from our industry training. In short, being able to work on this team makes me better at what I do. I would love it if I was able to work at JD for the rest of my career.
Pros
Great learning experiences. Amazing team.
Cons
The rare rude client.
Awesome place for motivated workers
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 26, 2018
I love JD because they incentivize working hard. Most places will put a ceiling on how much you can earn, especially at the beginning, but I was able to make over 80k in my FIRST year. I love knowing my earning potential is only limited by the amount of work I'm willing to put in. The base salary is nothing to snuff at, either, so it's not like I solely make a living off commission.
Pros
Highly rewarding work. Uncapped earning portential. Easy access to clients.
Cons
We're expected to go abovr and beyond for every client, no matter the situation.
Best experience of my professional career
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 15, 2018
The JD Mellberg team is easily the best I've been a part of, probably because this is an awesome place to work. The 3 weeks of training is PAID and the benefits are amazing. TONS of vacation/PTO. 401K matching is pretty great as well.
Pros
Impressive team. Competitive salary/benefits. Great work/life balance.
Cons
Could be more fun events in the office.
High earning potential
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 8, 2018
JD rewards motivated workers with really high earning potential, well into six figures once you've been around for a year or two. I love knowing that I'm going to be compensated accordingly if I work harder and get better results than the person next to me. Apart from the actual earnings, JD's a great place to work. Our offices are pretty awesome and they make sure we get plenty of PTO
Pros
High earning ceiling. Rewarding work. Nice offices. Good benefits & PTO.
Cons
High expectations.
Call center environment
Account Executive/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85741August 20, 2018
I was told I’d made 100k in a year there and as a top producer there I made less than half of that. Call center environment. The company changes its policies and practices and comp plans so often that you will be very stressed out all the time.
Pros
Free food once in a while
Cons
Low pay. No structure. No opportunity for advancement
Exciting Place to Work
Compliance and Litigation Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 13, 2018
JD Mellberg provides anyone the opportunity to grow, so long as they're willing to work at it. I think I worked alongside 5 different people that started at the call center or front desk but were moved up because they were willing to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J.D. Mellberg Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

J.D. Mellberg Financial Reviews by Location