J.Jill Employee Reviews

N/a
Sales Lead Manager (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAJune 22, 2018
Overall J Jill is a great place to work for. The district manager is a great manager, works hard side by side with employees and teaches while she works.
Great Place to Work
Co Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 14, 2018
J Jill is a wonderful place to work. It cares about it's people and its customers. It has a long history of taking care of its customer. Our mission is to make her happy and keep her coming back for more. Schedules are like most retailers but there are some flexibility.
Pros
Pay
Cons
N/a
Fun and nice clients, however..
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 29, 2018
J.Jill is a wonderful place to work, however, the district manager of Minnesota and Wisconsin is terrible. She does not treat her employees well, she doesn't give you good feedback only bad, and she doesn't promote from within she would rater pick someone that is outside of the company. Also, employees and key holders are not paid enough to do this job.
Pros
working with nice associates and clients
Cons
District manager, pay
Stressful, overworked, not enough help.
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSMay 28, 2018
Management at my store is good but we are understaffed. Difficult to hire because of the low rate of pay. Do the job of 2-3 people every time you work.
Pros
The only pro is the discount on clothing. If you actually need money to live on, this is not the job for you.
Cons
Short breaks, not enough help, intense work environment.
It's ok to work short term
Returns Associate (Current Employee) –  Tilton, NHMay 17, 2018
Hardest is small minded co-workers. The best is the hours working 6;45-3;15. The lunches from the cafeteria was great. The benefits are good. The vacation was easy to plan.
Benefits
Cons
High School mentality
rewarding retail environment with solid background and product
Store Manager, Branson Landing (Current Employee) –  Branson, MOMay 15, 2018
I have enjoyed the product and the clients while working here. I feel the upper management is not connected well with my location or the challenges it contains but the company is solid and policies are fair.
Pros
great quality merchandise and company values
Cons
typical retail hours and work life balance is hard
Positive fun work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 15, 2018
I enjoyed the clientele at J.Jill. And the over all work experience while working there. Great women's clothing, loved the product. I enjoyed the relaxed nature.
Pros
Great clothing
Cons
Working holidays
i would recommend anyone to work at J.Jill
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 1, 2018
Helping customers was a joy for me. Management was always there to give positive feedback, as well as, constructive feedback. A typical day at work would be selling and promoting the brand, including our store credit card. The culture of the work place was positive and rewarding.
Pros
Friendly culture
Cons
Sometimes associates had short shifts, ie: 4 hours
Seasonal part time
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 27, 2018
Worked at JJIll seasonally par time. I enjoyed my time spent at JJIll. The customer base at JJILL was non approachable, and hard to establish customer relationships.
Pros
great store manager
Cons
limited hours
Relaxed
Key Holder/Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2018
Mostly wealthy women’s shops here, that makes J-Jill a relaxed place to work.. you will have a good time with the customers, they usually like to talk and spend time at the store
JJil< career clothers with a high fashion twist!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 21, 2018
J Jill is a great company to work fior if you have an confident trainer there in your store situation.

The customers are great and love to be kept in the loop.

Beautiful merchandise, mostly washable!
Pros
customer loyalty to shop with me!
Cons
not enough talent recognized and trained for the demand of the new stores!
Part Time Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 20, 2018
Working at J Jill provided me with a job I would not say J Jill was the best job but it paid the necessary bills at the time. Due to the expected culture of the customer after 5:00PM the atmosphere died down drastically.

Excellent staff.
Pros
excellent staff.
Cons
low weekly and hourly shifts
Productive and fun workforce
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 20, 2018
Hard working employees that are very knowledgeable about the product and helpful to clients. Excellent manager. Overall great place to work. Highly recommend.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Some very busy days.
I loved working for JJill but I had to close due to decline in mall
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MO 63017April 19, 2018
I loved the monthly change of floorsets, interacting with the customers and co-workers. I have learned to build an relationship with your customer so they would be comfortable with their purchase.
A day at J.Jill
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAApril 19, 2018
Working at J.Jill was not like any small clothing store. It required much more intimacy with the customers. We would wow you from the front door and make you aware of all the new arrivals. The associate would also help put outfits together so you would fall in love. My reason for leaving was simply because the general manager didn't respect me as a young mother and adult. The money wasn't worth my time either. I found another job so I just mad to move on.
A wonderful company to join, high quality womenswear and accessories, thoroughly enjoyed merchandise, teammates, and customers!!!
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kittery, MEApril 15, 2018
A wonderful company to work with and for, the store was an absolute team player environment with the happiest healthiest most positive atmosphere.
And we all truly loved and believed in the quality and beauty of our merchandise and our customers.
Pros
Wonderful working environment, coworkers like family, and loveliest most loyal custome base ever.
Cons
absolutely none!!!
What a big joke!
creative (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAApril 6, 2018
Toxic environment. People are highly underpaid. Long hours. Promotions are only for those who are liked by senior management and trust me when I say this, your promotion has NOTHING to do with your talent and skills. Management will tell you what you want to hear. Usually at least 2 people quit J.Jill per week. Unrealistic expectations. The company is not moving forward with the current technology and innovation. This place is stale, outdated and helpless. Be patient with a job search, but do not bother coming in here.
Pros
weekends are great because you dont have to be here
Cons
everything
Toxic work environment
Ecommerce (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 28, 2018
Bait and switch management style. Worked in their IT department and it was a joke. High pressure on overworked employees that management showed total disregard towards.
Management made it stressful.
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2018
The job was easy, the customers were great older stablished woman, but the manager made it stressful and competitive, very unstable person to work for.
Pros
Flexible schedules, great clean stores
Cons
no opportunity to grow
Great associates and customers
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHMarch 14, 2018
As a Key holder, I was responsible for opening and closing the store, prepared daily reports and prepared nightly deposits. I provided customer service and wardrobe suggestions. A typical day at the store besides assisting customers, was receiving new stock and process it for placement on the floor. There are new floor sets each month that require stock movement.
Pros
Great discounts and fellow associates
Cons
Working most nights and every weekend

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J.Jill. Our community is ready to answer.