J.O. Combs Unified School District Employee Reviews

Great Community
IT Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  San Tan Valley, AZFebruary 10, 2018
Great set of people to work with that help you. (Within your department). A lot of teamwork with this company as its a small school district. There is a good support system now setup and general help system when needed as everyone is willing to help with issues (Entire district). Only downside is since this is a school district there are no yearly raises. You only get a raise if the entire department gets a "ok" vote from the board of directors.
Pros
Great Community to learn to grow
Cons
No real Advancement/ No Pay raises unless voted in.
My Long time school
Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Tan Valley, AZJanuary 29, 2018
Before I worked at this district and even when I first started I loved the school spirit, the way we all hung out and were family like. However as of this school year things have turned for the worse. Parents are always right and teachers are always wrong, students get a slap on the wrist and nothing done when they are caught fighting and carrying on. Teachers feel very overworked and underpaid.
Joc
Some position (Current Employee) –  San Tan Valley, AZJanuary 8, 2014
Great students and staff. Awesome people all around. Upper administration needs to move out of the 19th century.
Pros
Great line staff
Cons
Upper Administration
Opportunity to meet many wonderful people
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  San Tan Valley, ArizonaDecember 7, 2013
Typical day was driving 40 foot bus. Transporting student between the age of 4-18 to and from school. Management was very fair and reasonable. Co workers were great to get to know. I learned safe operation of such a large vehicle. I also learned to manage discipline on a bus while transporting students safely to and from there destinations.
Pros
Management, co workers were fun to get to know
Cons
Low pay scale, seasonal job (not year round work)
Growing Public School District - small but busy District Office
Admin. Asst. to Superintendent/Gov. Bd. (Current Employee) –  San Tan Valley, AZAugust 16, 2013
Right hand to the Superintendent of seven schools and to the Governing Board. Get along well with co-workers in a team oriented environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is making certain students receive an opportunity to excel and succeed.
Pros
Less than one mile from home - but moving to the West Valley
Cons
Small office