J.R. Simplot Company
65Average

J.R. Simplot Company Employee Reviews

United States406 reviews
It was a great job the people I worked with were outgoing an respectful, the training was terrible an fixing the problem was bad but overall I loved my job an the people I worked with
They would always have me on the forklift or i will always be stacking if they see you do something wrong they will help you fix the mistake and teach u the right way everyone is always helpful and positive
Pros
Good people
Cons
When its slow
I liked working for simplot and i left thinking i could find a better job. I would go back in a split second if they offered me a job. They are a big feed lot and always busy and always something to do when times are a little slow.
Pros
Time off if needed
Cons
Benifits
I interned as a field scout for the company. I learned the most effective ways to check crops for pests and diseases for the PCA/CCA I worked under. He gave me a schedule to follow every week as far as what fields to check and made sure I reported anything out of the ordinary to him when found. He also taught me to keep in constant communication with him throughout the week. Everyone that worked there was very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was the isolation at times when checking fields all day. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that what you scouted and reported would help the grower's crops
From my personal experience, a lot of discrimination took place,wrongful termination, although I had the proof to back my situation, that was all I needed to leave a further my career elsewhere.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Overall employees are a number and safety is Low priority. The number one priority is profits and bonuses for Mgmt. Some succeed because they are either able to show false adoration or "entice" Upper Mgmt. Good pay but not worth Self Respect !
For the area I live in the pay is great. shifts are long, some mandatory weekend work. Over all good place, If you like big corporation culture.
There are some inherent issues Up-words movement is very unlikely unless you have the advantage of nepotism. There are definitely managers who are great and provided the support employees needed to get their job done. There were several who just want to have you to do what they were told to do by a superior and will not listen to your concerns and respect your opinions. Sweeping any issues under the rug and leaving you stuck holding the bag. Unfortunately in most cases these were the ones that got promoted.

Many times your work effort goes unnoticed.

These issues are why I prefer smaller company with less disconnect from the workers
It was a great job until they decided drivers were expendable to save money and down sized several to outsource our jobs. The plant was freezing cold in the winter. The employees worked well together most of the time.
Always come ready to work time not a issue everything you do here is pretty much simple not hard. Someday could be boring cause of the lack of work but good money
This company needs to have more serious repercussions for problem causers in the work place. There is people who are accidents waiting to happen and management looks right over it because of personal friendships
Pros
Roping cattle, Moving cattle, Working cattle horseback, Horseback every day, around cattle and horses
Cons
Co-workers, no time off flexibility, micromanaging, and poor communication
I worked with a great group of people. Many of us had been in the same area for 10 or more years. We went through many managers and leadership styles, yet we kept plugging along. We knew what we were doing. It’s a simple process. Lots of little nuances that only experience can teach. My review may seem a little harsh and disgruntled, but if anything it is under exaggerated. We were making the best of outdated equipment. Patching it, and making it work. The managers they brought in were ranged from good to bad. Our plant was an off shoot of the regular processing plant. We were small in comparison to the main plant. While our entire plant was less than 30 people, the main plant had 30 per shift. Whenever we would lose someone, HR drug their feet replacing them. Sometimes, 3 or more months. In one case, we had an operator retire. It took 15 months to replace them. 15 months of overtime. Like alluded to earlier and in my evaluations, management could have cared less in the small potatoes plant, that took what nobody else could use, and made a wholesome food from it. The main thing management was concerned with, was turning a profit with little or no investment. Eventually, they decided to shut the plant down. They offered us jobs far below our experience and capability levels. No severance package, just a take it or leave it ultimatum. Some chose retirement. Some chose to part ways. Some took the jobs, because they had families to feed. Managements words are of; they care for their employees. Their actions are they care more about themselves. Those actions resonate loudly throughout - more...
The job culture is very positive. The employees are eager to come to work daily. Management is very attentive to the employees well being. There is plenty of room for advancement in this company.
I would always get to work at a regular basis same time every day. Usually had the same job every day unless i asked otherwise. Generally liked my job.
Working at the location I was at was very much a negative atmosphere. The site supervisor was controlling and demeaning to the office staff that were not of the same race and had no respect for women in the workplace. He was removed after my time there.
Best place I've worked at. The pay way good and the hours were available. Team work was good. Productivity always safety first. Friendly respectful company.
I enjoy the positive workplace culture and the fact that the founding family heirs continue to have a hand in running the business. The Company remains privately held.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Gained experience in the manufacturing of food processing industry. It was a good first job. Good money for what it was. I quit because it was a 30 minute drive from my home.
They say they are worried about family and welfare of employees but at the end of the day all they care about is numbers. They provide everything you should need for work but it is extremely cheap stuff. Must be willing and ready to work 100+ hours if needed. Pay is way above average and that is why most people suffer through. Lots of politics.
I worked at simplot for almost 2 years. At the beginning it was just 40 hours a week then after I got qualified in my position, it was too much forced overtime. When I spoke up about my health and fatigue,they didn't even care.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Forced overtime
Everything was ok, it wasn't bad or good, just ok. Worked nights, which wasn't all that great, but it wasn't all that bad either, it was all just pretty ok.
The best company I have worked for they treat fair with respect and are in your side the work is challenging and the pay and benefits are exalant the management is exsepshinal
Pros
Work culture
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at J.R. Simplot Company. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.3
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
2.5Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight