J.R. Simplot Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Terrible work schedule
Sulfuric Acid/Co-Generation Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Lathrop, CAAugust 13, 2018
Don't plan on having a life outside of work. Only one weekend off a month. work 7 days straight followed by two days off. Then begin another shift. So on and so forth.
Alot of overtime
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAAugust 1, 2018
People were great and days were your average work day. Management had its up and downs. Days could be stressful when things go wrong. A lot of overtime
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
12 hour shifts
Warehouse Supervisor/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARJuly 31, 2018
JR Simplot was a great company to work for as well as the employees and managers. Enjoyed all Christmas parties,Thanksgiving and other activities the company had for all employees.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Short breaks
Supervisor 1 (Former Employee) –  Five Points, CAJuly 25, 2018
Simplot was a good to work especially out in Five Points, Ca. It felt like home because I had worked with everyone for so long. I enjoyed getting up every morning and taking that morning driver out to the westside.
Pros
good work condition
Exciting fast pasted place to work and well paid
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 23, 2018
Operating forklift at a fast pasted food company. My job was to provide dayly supple to the lines, make data entry in to computer and RGN scanner. It was a family workplace when it comes to assisting, helping or getting the job done
The location where I worked shut down
Line 2 Operator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, IDJuly 15, 2018
I'd go into more detail, but the location I worked at shut down. While I was there, I was an operator, and found it very stressful, but other people enjoy that challenge. Machines broke down or acted up frequently. I learned how to work industrial equipment well though. My night shift managers were excellent, but I wasn't fond of the higher management as much, because they seemed to bear down negatively on my managers (from what little I picked up). I just found the operator position to be difficult and exhausting all in all. I did enjoy my managers and several of my coworkers, however. Also, I worked three 12-hour days on, then had three days off. And while having three days off every weekend was nice, it was horrible otherwise. I never knew what day it was and had difficulty with my social life, and seeing my spouse
Pros
My bosses were great
Cons
It was stressful, and the schedule was awful
Lot of driving (good), long hours (not so good).
Truck Driver, Class A CDL Hazmat and Tanker (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, IDJuly 13, 2018
Worked with good, friendly people. During the busy season you put in a LOT of hours, but the overtime money is how you make it financially.
Worst part-getting laid off or phased out as soon as the work slows down.
Pros
Good people to work for and with. Lot of driving if you like driving.
Cons
Too many hours when busy, then zero hours.
Overall excellent company to work for
MANAGEMENT TRAINEE (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 5, 2018
Simplot has been a wonderful company to work for. I have enjoyed my first real look into a career here. The benefits are excellent and I will miss them if I leave the company. I've enjoyed the autonomy I've been granted in working in my department and always hope to have that in a job. While I would love to advance my career, I'm young and hoping to start raising a family soon and I don't want to have the type of job that takes over my life. I want to be able to leave work at work when I head home at the end of the day. I feel as though any advancement in my current position would make that difficult. The culture and overall management of the company is amazing, though. They really are trying to make ONE Simplot happen and everyone seems to respect one another.
Great job benifits
Receiving Operator/ Mechanic Helper (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDJuly 2, 2018
Worked for seven years at receiving. Sometimes was a balancing act but the record I made was 17 trucks in 8 hours ( 17 x 60,000= 1,020,000 Lbs.). Other than that It was a good experience.
Pros
Free
Very productive especially in busy season
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Independence, ORJuly 1, 2018
Typical work day load truck with dry fertilizer and deliver to various farms through out Oregon. When times when there's no delivery I worked on general truck maintenance. co-workers are fun friendly, good team work and management is excellent.
it was a nice place to work in my department
Storeroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARJune 13, 2018
Overall it was good paying job, layed back atmosphere and easy to perform. I liked the set schedule with no weekends and 10 paid holidays off per year.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARJune 12, 2018
Simplot was a pretty cool job to work at I loved it actually although it was temporary, because they let me experience operating a lot of different things I’ve never operated before.
Over worked, under appreciated, taken advantage of
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 6, 2018
A typical morning starts with my manager running around in a frenzy trying to get everything done himself. He does not delegate effectively and leaves people wondering what needs to be done. There is absolutely no training opportunity. You're thrown in the workforce with the mentality of sink or swim. This company has been a great start, however, I feel that with my ability I have reached the ceiling of my learning potential in under 2 years. The plant could be extremely successful under the right management who inspires people to work hard, be honest, and do their best. that's not the case currently.
Pros
independence
Cons
No lunch breaks, lack of teamwork, absolutely no work/life balance
Assembly Worker/Forklift (Former Employee) –  W.Memphis,ARJune 4, 2018
It was a fun environment place to work at. The climate was freezer atmosphere but the work was still able to perform. I actually learned how to stay productive bc & I didn't even think about the bc temperature. I actually bc enjoyed working at the company.
Pros
Weekends were optional
Cons
We had warm up breaks
Great place to work.
Boiler/ Compressor Operator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, IDMay 1, 2018
Active OTC and extra training when needed.
They provided a vehicle and took care of all travel expenses.
Safe place to work, and everything ran smoothly.
Terrible place to work
Packaging B Operator (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, IDApril 30, 2018
Poor management. All they care about is the bottom line. Massive amount of favoritism. Pays well but money isn't everything. Absolutely no training to speak of and zero opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Everything else
A good company
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 26, 2018
JR Simplot is a good company to work for. They are committed to improving the employees knowledge and experience. The management does expect every employee to put 100% into every day. Management is also committed to making the experience enjoyable and works to keep the office politics down. The hardest part of the job is the isolation. The cubical walls are high which makes for a quite and focused work area. You are cut off from the rest of the employees.
Pros
good pay, benifits. nice people to work with and for.
Cons
office politics, clicks.
Good Place to work.
Forklift Driver, Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 23, 2018
Everyone was cordial. There was no micromanagement It was a comfortable atmosphere. Constant training. I loved the work schedule. There is a yearly bonus & raise.
Pros
Free lunch occasionally.
Cons
none.
Decent place to work
Outside Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, IDApril 22, 2018
Decent place to work, ,great co-workers, Plant runs 24/7 345 days, due to maintance 5 holidays per year, Schedule works out so you get every other week-end off.
Safety minded company, can be stressful environment
Electrical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Othello, WAApril 15, 2018
Company overall is very pro safety for the employess. Safety first for the employees. Can be a fun place to work. But can be very stressful as well. Management cares for the employees well being.
Pros
Safety first
Cons
Stressful