J.R. Simplot Company logo

J.R. Simplot Company Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
3.8Pay & Benefits

Good money...No life

The place is a great place to work if you're after a big paycheck with a good overall benefits package. No doubt working at Simplot is a place to get some money in your pocket...that's ONLY if you NEVER want to see your family, friends, or loved ones ever. 1 day off a week. Maybe.. if you're lucky.

Pros

Money, benefits

Cons

You live there.

Like a prison sentence.

Forced overtime with little notice. No real training. Everybody hates being there but the wage keeps people. Benefits are good but paid time off is a joke if you can even have the chance to take it. If you took this role or ones similar, do not expect to make plans on your scheduled days off because they aren’t truly yours. Processes are ancient but if it isn’t broke they don’t fix it. That goes across the board with their business there. A big waste of my life and hopes going to work for there. I passed up some really good jobs to take that role which is sorta false advertised, and it was a huge mistake. I started looking for work after two months and found a much better job after four months.

Pros

Wage

Cons

Surprise forced OT. They own you….

Good place

It's an amazing place for one to commence career. Offers many benefits. Someone with determination shall benefit working for this company. Room for growth.

Great Job of you're wanting to work locally

Pay I felt was too low for a local driving position and for someone with many years driving experience. They seem to start every driver of at the same rate regardless of experience and there was no room to move up pay wise.

Pros

Local, 401k, easy work

Cons

Pay to low, seasonal work

Good pay, bad management, rumors

Simplot is a good place to work but after working almost 3 years, I have not had a raise ever. People who start make the same as me and they usually don’t know how to work. Manager feels like he owns the place and has no respect for his employees. No way to move up in the company unless you kiss a** and are a Yes guy. Hours are fine but the work environment is terrible. I recommend it if you want a starter job but not as a career.

Pros

Pay, benefits, hours

Cons

Management, run down equipment, no raises

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Good Place

Good place to work. I liked the managers and the work. I would work for them again just that life changes sometimes for us. Good benefits but some management was bad.

Excellent company for motivated individuals

Management truly cares about their employees and customers. Safety is a real priority, as well as food safety. Employees are treated extremely fairly.

Pros

Great benefits, fair amount of PTO, plenty of advancement opportunities

Cons

Harvest keeps us busy during the summer, expect longer than usual hours if you're salary.

Consistent work, managed well abroad but poorly at the local level

Work was clear and defined, Was not always given the tools needed to complete a job but managed anyways. Great culture of safety and good people throughout the organization. Management is a good ol' boys club which can be challenging to deal with and maintain good morale.

Pros

Good benefits, pay, time off

Cons

Front line management

Minimal Time For Family. Minimal Pay. Minimal Appreciation.

Job Salary was $50,000/year (hourly) to start with great benefits, raise at 6 months, promotion in 1-2 years.60-80 hour weeks for 6 months straight and 45-60 hour weeks the other 6 months. Even with this OT I did not make $50,000.The raise was less than $0.25/hour after more than a year at the company. Promotion positions were eliminated or filled before my eligibility.Many employees started looking for other jobs recently - morale is low, and the employees are taking their frustrations out on each other.

Pros

Great Benefits + PTO

Cons

No Family Time, Minimal Pay

If you aren’t a Supervisor or higher they don’t care about you

Their point system is set up poorly, if you aren’t sleeping with someone in management or HR you don’t matter. Long hours, mandatory overtime if you show an initiative, The more you produce the more they expect out of you.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Management, Hr, point system, mandatory overtime last minute.

Jobs at J.R. Simplot Company

See more jobs

Family

They treat you with the upmost respect. Company is one big family. They promote from within and reward good performance. Training is great. Income and benefits are awesome.

Pros

The people

Cons

People you work with was fun Management not so much

Worked here 5 seasons never got full time if you want lots of hours and good paychecks for spring and beginning of summer great. Don't expect to be hired full time. Simplot bought out pinnical ag so my review is based on 3 months at simplot

Horrible benefits bad managment

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at J.R. Simplot Company is Ok at kingsdown location manager understands if you have to take off for family issuesOverallMy experience working at J.R. Simplot Company Horrible benefits and my coworker's always are causing drama by talikg bad and pitting everyone against each other

Productive and fun workplace with the right priorities.

I had a good time here at Simplot. They have a lot of ways to move up in the company and try out different positions. Great pay and decent benefits. I enjoyed my time here.

Pros

Pay, Breaks

Cons

Only 12’s either grave or days only.

Good company to work for

Workplace has a great culture. The benefits were great and the company seemed to really care about their employees. There was also a great work life balance.

Pros

Great work life balance

Cons

Company was changing to more of a corporate world

Overall a good place to work

Very busy place with a few exceptions. Noisy, sometimes very hot, cold if working in refrigerated areas, high humidity. Many different types of jobs available. Multicultural environment. Friendly coworkers

Pros

Good pay and benefits, opportunity to move to different jobs to find one you like

Cons

Shift work

The pay is good even at the lower levels, you have a high chance to advance to new better paying jobs. The people that work along side you are often willing to assist

Pros

Pay, benefits, people

Cons

Manditory OT while low seniority

Hard working but good people

I liked working for simplot and i left thinking i could find a better job. I would go back in a split second if they offered me a job. They are a big feed lot and always busy and always something to do when times are a little slow.

Pros

Time off if needed

Cons

Benifits

Great place good people laid back

Always come ready to work time not a issue everything you do here is pretty much simple not hard. Someday could be boring cause of the lack of work but good money

Great work environment

Best place I've worked at. The pay way good and the hours were available. Team work was good. Productivity always safety first. Friendly respectful company.

Gained experience

Gained experience in the manufacturing of food processing industry. It was a good first job. Good money for what it was. I quit because it was a 30 minute drive from my home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J.R. Simplot Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight