J.R. Simplot Company logo

J.R. Simplot Company Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
3.8Pay & Benefits

Good money...No life

The place is a great place to work if you're after a big paycheck with a good overall benefits package. No doubt working at Simplot is a place to get some money in your pocket...that's ONLY if you NEVER want to see your family, friends, or loved ones ever. 1 day off a week. Maybe.. if you're lucky.

Pros

Money, benefits

Cons

You live there.

Wish I could have taken the job with me

Simplot was a great company to work for. The forced overtime could get old if you didn't have enough time in time escape being the one scheduled all the time, but other than that, this place was great. Pay was great, had plenty of time off. Full benefit package. Company puts money into 401K for you even if you don't. If you have the chance to get on there, do it.

workplace culture

great teamwork ,Always had help when needed,very helpful bunch,Management there when needed,very helpful and can take advise,Great place to work and raise a family.

Pros

lots of benefits 401k, and pension

Cons

you have to work here.

typical feedlot environement

I hauled commodities to desired locations, after I loaded the commodity into my trailer. Through all weather conditions. used heavy equipment and worked around cattle

Pros

health care 401k

Great place

Great place to work great benefits health care 401k good public relationships dental insurance. Life insurance. I received a retirement pension. Good working people. Paid holidays

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Not what it used to be anymore.

No appreciation for long time employees. Bad communication. Don’t know what is going on. They say family company but is more like a corporation now. Disappointing.

Pros

Good benefits, decent pay.

Cons

No appreciation for long time employees anymore. Good if you are upper management.

Great work place

Good company with great benefits. I was home daily. I never worked 7 days straight which was a bonus. They did have a busy season so there was 12 hour days at times.

For the most part your opinions were respected, considered and discussed. Management was good and seemed to be easy to work with if there was an issue. No obvious discrimination. Good pay for a days work.

Benefits

Cons

Commute

Simplot was a great place to work

Job was good. Benefits were excellent. Job Security at that time was good. Management were wonderful. Job culture was great. I would have recommended this job to everyone

Pros

You had the chance too move up if you were willing to work hard.

Cons

No Cons

Productive keeps you busy makes the day go fast.

No complaints about the work been provided just there was no career advancement. When there was and you asked about the opening they told you it was not available anymore but 4 months later you see they just filled the position with a family member from the management. If you came up with a better idea than your supervisor or management they get mad at you and hold a grudge on you forever. Not a stable place to work unless you want to get stepped on.

Pros

401K company matched, provided uniforms and boots allowance

Cons

Very poor management, Favoritism, no career advancement, Racism

Jobs at J.R. Simplot Company

See more jobs

Overall was a good company to work for

I know things have changed, and were changing a great deal even while I was there. They were a good company to work for, the benefits used to make it worth it. I believe that the culture has changed to the mechanistic organization, and has abandoned the founder JR Simplot's motto, of hiring good people and setting them loose.

Benefits

Alot of overtime

People were great and days were your average work day. Management had its up and downs. Days could be stressful when things go wrong. A lot of overtime

Pros

Benefits and pay

Cons

12 hour shifts

JR Simplot was a great company to work for as well as the employees and managers. Enjoyed all Christmas parties,Thanksgiving and other activities the company had for all employees.

Pros

Good work environment

Cons

Short breaks

Simplot was a good to work especially out in Five Points, Ca. It felt like home because I had worked with everyone for so long. I enjoyed getting up every morning and taking that morning driver out to the westside.

Pros

good work condition

Lot of driving (good), long hours (not so good).

Worked with good, friendly people. During the busy season you put in a LOT of hours, but the overtime money is how you make it financially. Worst part-getting laid off or phased out as soon as the work slows down.

Pros

Good people to work for and with. Lot of driving if you like driving.

Cons

Too many hours when busy, then zero hours.

Overall excellent company to work for

Simplot has been a wonderful company to work for. I have enjoyed my first real look into a career here. The benefits are excellent and I will miss them if I leave the company. I've enjoyed the autonomy I've been granted in working in my department and always hope to have that in a job. While I would love to advance my career, I'm young and hoping to start raising a family soon and I don't want to have the type of job that takes over my life. I want to be able to leave work at work when I head home at the end of the day. I feel as though any advancement in my current position would make that difficult. The culture and overall management of the company is amazing, though. They really are trying to make ONE Simplot happen and everyone seems to respect one another.

it was a nice place to work in my department

Overall it was good paying job, layed back atmosphere and easy to perform. I liked the set schedule with no weekends and 10 paid holidays off per year.

Terrible place to work

Poor management. All they care about is the bottom line. Massive amount of favoritism. Pays well but money isn't everything. Absolutely no training to speak of and zero opportunity for advancement.

Pros

Pays well

Cons

Everything else

A good company

JR Simplot is a good company to work for. They are committed to improving the employees knowledge and experience. The management does expect every employee to put 100% into every day. Management is also committed to making the experience enjoyable and works to keep the office politics down. The hardest part of the job is the isolation. The cubical walls are high which makes for a quite and focused work area. You are cut off from the rest of the employees.

Pros

good pay, benifits. nice people to work with and for.

Cons

office politics, clicks.

Good Place to work.

Everyone was cordial. There was no micromanagement It was a comfortable atmosphere. Constant training. I loved the work schedule. There is a yearly bonus & raise.

Pros

Free lunch occasionally.

Cons

none.

Decent place to work

Decent place to work, ,great co-workers, Plant runs 24/7 345 days, due to maintance 5 holidays per year, Schedule works out so you get every other week-end off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J.R. Simplot Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight