j2 Global Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Supportive and productive workplace
LEAD INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 24, 2018
A friendly, supportive, productive and cultural environment that provides fresh fruit on Tuesday and Thursday and bagels on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Pros
Fresh fruit
Cons
Minimal opportunity of promotion
Awesome Company Great stability
Customer Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CAMay 23, 2018
The Job is great just need more money due to the cost of living, I also want to move up the corporate ladder. And there may be a bit of a lag time with moving up.
Pros
Comfortable relaxed
Cons
Low Pay (cost of living)
hostile enviroment
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAApril 16, 2018
Once you get to know everyone its an ok place to work. Management can be a problem, you always have to have your defenses up. Watch your back at all times.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
hostile work environment
typical workplace environment
Office Work (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 27, 2018
just like any other job, there are pros and cons; this company doesnt pay its employees well and there are very few benefits. the workload is also very high
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Technician II (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CAMarch 12, 2018
Fellow workers are AWESOME, everyone pretty much gets along. Free Bagels, Free Fruit. The place offers Job Security, you can pretty much do whatever you want, examples show up late pretty much every day, be absent a lot and you don't get fired.
Pros
Casual Dressing
Cons
You never move up on Merit
great place
Logistics/Fraud Analyst/Chargeback (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAFebruary 8, 2018
great place to work, the location is the biggest headache. Very quite inside and the gym is right across the street so good for lunch time work outs..
Productive Workplace
Inside Sales Representative - Web Chat (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 31, 2017
Good work culture, I was able to work and go to school at the same time. Working at a call center made it easier for me to study and graduate college.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Hollywood Blvd, terrible traffic
pay rate
Customer Support Technician (Tier I) (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CAAugust 22, 2017
Working at this company is great just need a bit more money to catch up with economy. still waiting to more up and gain my knowledge about company. Overall this company is great
Great company for a new person starting out
Sr. Telecommunications Analyst, II (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAFebruary 15, 2017
j2 has a tendency to over load their workers with overlapping projects knowing well, all projects cannot be completed within a practical timeline.
Pros
unlikely timelines for their employees
Cons
If you're manager, you will be compensated for job well done
Awesome Environment
Telecom Intern (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAMay 17, 2016
Awesome management. Fast paced environment. Co-workers were nice. Fun place to be in. Very technical. Many people to go to.
Very fast paced Company must be ready for changes
Sr. Telecommunications Analyst, II (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CAFebruary 20, 2016
j2 is a fast pace environment, with much to offer.
You learn to think fast and effectively.
Management encourages you to enhance yours skills by using the in-house learning skills application at your own pace.
Co-workers are a joy to work with and very helpful to one another.
The hardest part of the job is there is never enough time in the day to get it all done and sometime your overwhelmed but better to be busy than not.
The one positive is I can honestly say there is never a dull moment, and there is always plenty of work to do!
Pros
Spirit Committe treats j2 employees to free lunch on occasions
Cons
The new short cubicles are a bit much to many people talking over each other
I work for a company that develops sales opportunities for eFax Corporate
Sales Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 3, 2016
We have a great office with a wonderful, upbeat atmosphere. Coworkers are easy to get along with & always have a good sense of humor. Hours are great, we get in early, connect with as many leads as possible via phone & email, & send qualified leads over to our sales team in Hollywood. Hardest part of the job is walking from one side of the office to the other to get a cup of coffee. The best part of the job is when you work hard, it pays off.
Pros
Hours, benefits, awesome boss & coworkers.
Cons
duplicates in salesforce, occasional slow internet connection
Why searching
Change Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CANovember 30, 2015
Company is good but I am looking for responsibilities that fit my skills and growth. 401K plan not beneficial, growth is slow.
Productive and fun workplace with arcade machine, free food, and incentives for performance.
Sales/Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CANovember 2, 2015
Over the past few years at this job I have learned patience, how to be a leader while still maintaining a student mentality, and most importantly I have learned how to be successful in this industry by building a personal relationship with clients and prospects. The most enjoyable part of my job is speaking with several people on a daily basis and being able to help them out in one way or another.
Pros
Incentives (every other Firdays off, free breakfast/lunch, free food, short days, etc)
Cons
Lack of growth / lack of communication with J2 after acquisition / unstable position
Has Potential
Tier 2 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CASeptember 10, 2015
j2 based in Hollywood CA is a cloud based telecom company. Overall rating is good due to the fact I worked in one department and that was as a tech support rep for their virtual PBX service and email support. For three years there were no raises for a company that boast the fact that they are "cash rich". There are employees that far exceed the vested time that have not had a single cent since being hired. The customers aren't bad and the work days are usually fine but with an unorganized management team and very few efficient processes they lack the fundamentals to have a completely successful team. The culture there is almost the same as all call centers but the Manager acts as she is almighty and everyone under her are mere minions at her disposal and if you are good you get rewarded with candy and treats. I think j2 as a whole will continue to grow but the Tech team needs better management support and organization.
Pros
Good Atmospher
Not healthy work enviroment
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 6, 2015
Leadership from the top down is horrible- creates a very unpleasant work environment.
Difficult to be promoted if you are a woman (Marketing).
Very high turnover among the best employees.
Bad business practices toward their customers.
Clock in and out, even management level employees.
Pros
Regular work hours, no oneworks weekends since there is no incentive.
Cons
terrible culture. Bad moral among employees. Deceptive hiring process. Limited career growth.
Internet Company
Manager - Database Administration (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 4, 2014
As the DBA Manager, my responsibility is to managed and maintained j2 global's 75+ Oracle and SQL Server databases globally. I had five team members reporting to me including one in Ireland and another in India to have global coverage. My DBA Team was a great group of sharp and experienced dbas to investigate, troubleshoot and resolved all database issues as well as working with other group projects.
Also, my responsibility was to ensure the integrity of the databases as well as assist both internal and external auditors in keeping the databases compliant. I was the liason for j2 global with all database products, software licenses and support.
Pros
Team Members/Subordinates
Cons
Politics of Management
Job Stability
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAJuly 17, 2014
great company ! job stability ! great benefits !

I learned how to resolve technical issue how to handle billing questions .
Great Place, Great Managers
Customer Tech (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 24, 2014
Speak with customer Nation wide and support with tech issues.
Pros
free donuts on fridays
Cons
schedule and short breaks
good place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 14, 2014
The company was very large and made a ton of money and had good products. The management was pretty good. We had a ton of different Supervisors and Managers to go to in case of issue. Everyone seemed very helpful. HR was also helpful.
Pros
Management has your back and also were very helpful.
Cons
Promises of bonuses, but no follow through. Annual reviews with no raises.